don't click here

TSC and the Secret Rings

Print

Author Topic: TSC and the Secret Rings  (Read 110943 times)

Offline P.P.A.

Re: TSC and the Secret Rings
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 12:02:34 pm »
As long as they're only in multi-player... o_O
I want Chao!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 12:08:24 pm »
board game multiplayer? That's so fantastic.

It's all coming into place now. This is shaping up to be a great game.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 12:18:06 pm »
Tell me about it! Sonic Shuffle was and still is one of ym favorite games so hearing this news was music to my ears. I was just surprised Rouge didn't turn out to be one of the secret characters...

No doubt, though, she'll apepar in the main storyline somehow..

I can't wait! Only 19 days left for me! I don't have the $ yet but I really hope I can save up for it. I'll leave MP8 and SSX Blur till later. This is my first priority. The first thing I'll do when I get the game is test out the mini-games. :D
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 12:47:22 pm »
Oh dear.

My anticipation level drops further :/
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 07:57:36 am »
I never played Sonic Shuffle. I just fancy the idea of having a pseudo sequel wrapped in the new game. There's something about Sonic side games in general that gives me a fuzzy feeling. (That's maybe why I liked Riders way more than I should have.) Of course, the minigames seemed pretty nice in the first place. Secret Rings could compete equally with the other minigame games for the Wii. And some of the games like the violin contest struck me as nice ideas and definitely savvy to the versatile nature of the Sonic world.

My main sources of anticipation is the the human characters and the new trailer on Gametrailers.com.

Human characters means that the game is stylistically in line with Sonic06 as opposed to a Sonic-only Sonic Heroes. (I am beginning to find out however that the game is nothing like Sonic06 is more ways than I previously imagined.)

The new trailer on GameTrailers has a really cool song playing and it did it for me, now I feel the magic. I almost wasn't sure if the song is even from the game or just applied to a silent promo. And the reason for this is because we already heard like a bunch of lyrical songs for this game, which is, wth? But this brought me to my newest revelation -- this game's soundtrack is crazy! All the music I heard, even the level music, has lyrics, and feels distinctively mainstream rock. (and the 'stage complete' is an actual song, making the soundtrack feel like a radio, or like one of those racing games that plays music even during menus and loading) I'm not sure if I will like the lack of the themed melodical music that Sonic06 did extremely well, but one thing is for certain in my mind at this point, that Secret Rings is completely off the hook. So much about the game strikes me as either smart, bold, or just looks extremely fun. The controls, collisions, and Sonic still look awkward which was (and still is) my main beef with the game, but Sonic is still beautiful and the game is shaping up to be the same. And I thought the gameplay would just be moving left and right to avoid stuff, but I see now there's so much more to it that that, finding out from this guy's five part video of the game's first stage:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Captainbravo101

I gotta save up, as new consoles are very expensive. I think I will change from Gameznflix's 3 game out plan to only 2 games out. Whoa! I'm really penny pinching now! XD

Offline eggFL

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2007, 05:59:31 am »
Oh man, I didn't even know that Sonic characters will be making cameos in this game. That's just so awesome. I remembered ks8 made a passing comment about Tails finding a treasure, but I didn't get the memo.

This is going to be great.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 12:40:13 pm »
You got that right! Can't wait to get it.. 15 days left! :o (No $ though.. XD)

edit: Potential Spoilers: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932811&topic=33411889. I know I'm still lame for listing GameFAQS sources but give it a look if you're not too afraid...

Also, I'm still very anxious to know about the WiiConnect24 functionality in this game. I really hope it's online play but based on what the last update was for 06, it's probably something redundant unless Sega learned their lesson.

In one of the recent trailers on IGN, you'll see the line on the screen "You found a Fire Soul" or something along those lines. I've seen one in Sand Oasis and Dinosaur Jungle screens as well. I have yet to realize what they are for but probably to fill up your bar I imagine, like in ShTH.

edit: There are unlockable modes and secret stages. Races and Hard Mode anyone?
edit: For those out of the loop, there are new mini-games revealed from a lengthy trailer, screens found here: http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?showtopic=25578&st=80
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:47:58 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline eggFL

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 07:41:16 pm »
Wait, when is this game coming out? =S

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 08:17:43 pm »
February 20th in North America.

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 08:50:20 pm »
I must get this game when it comes out.
*Rick begins to wait*
BTW, anyone know of a place that will hire 14 year olds.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline eggFL

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 12:04:27 am »
February 20? That's so damn soon.

Gametrailers says March 6. But that's pretty much the same. I thought it would be a while longer before we see this game.

I might still wait until May before I get it though.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 07:00:44 am »
It originally was March.  The date was changed about a week ago.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 10:39:52 pm »
US Official Site Added: http://www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicrings/
I strongly suggest you all check it out.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 04:32:28 pm »
13 days left...
Wiiloveit

Offline eggFL

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 07:04:36 pm »
omg this game is so beautiful

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2007, 07:37:44 pm »
When are wiis going to be in stock ok.

...looks like I won't have this game for a long long time if ever. And s2006 statistics aren't even up yet. :(
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 11:17:57 pm »
omg this game is so beautiful

You're telling me! I can't wait. I'm so excited; I've started the charts once again. What'll you do when you first get the game? For me, I'll see the Mini-Games first. I'm dying to know how they feel and how it all runs. I can't wait to unlock Blaze and Silver. ;) It'l be my first time ever playing as Blaze.. :o

I'm very interested, as well, to see the "100 Skills" and the EXP system for the Rings; sounds very cool. I'll head to Party Mode, then Specials then Story Mode. :) Can't wait to see Tails in action. ;)

I wonder what my playtime for this'll be... After all, I have played Riders for almost 400 hours I believe or is it 300.. I've lost count. XD

Thanks for keeping this alive, eggFL. What else are you stoked about for the game?

When are wiis going to be in stock ok.

...looks like I won't have this game for a long long time if ever. And s2006 statistics aren't even up yet. :(

tell me about it.. I'm SO glad that, as a Canadian, I have a Wii. I can't wait to get SSR. I REALLY gotta start getting $ somewhere... XD
Wiiloveit

Offline eggFL

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 11:46:42 pm »
Like at first all we saw anything of was the first desert stage which was nice, and that dumb dinosaur stage that always turned me off. Now we're seeing all this crazy stuff. The indoor stages look hot. The one at night at sea during a hurricane is completely unexpected. And the soundtrack keeps getting better, maybe it can stand up to Sonic06 after all.

Annoying though how even on the game site you have EGM idiots proclaiming how it's a clever take on the 2D gameplay even though the game isn't in any way more like the 2D games than the 3D games.

The 100 skills I am not really interested in. But the speed break ability sure looks cool if you use it in the right place.

First thing I'd do when I get the game is play story mode of course. =O err, or... I'll play party games, pick Shadow, and start the violin minigame, and just.... revel in the awesomeness: Shadow playing violin! hoooly crap

Anyway Erazor Djinn, sweet character. He has a giant razor and he's trying to "eraze" Arabian Nights. Could I even come up with this kind of stuff?

But even so since I don't have a Wii I might just take it easy on this one and wait until I get the opportunity. I'm cool with that... I guess.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 11:10:39 am »
They won't change the name until the release, will they? *sigh*
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 04:59:23 pm »
ALRIGHT!! The Babylon Rogues ARE in the game! Sah-weet! (Warning: Minor Spoilers topic)
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932811&topic=33513033
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 05:05:46 pm »
I think the only thing on my wishlist below getting this game now is a lethal injection.

EDIT: Just read the sources URL. lol.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 05:08:43 pm »
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/01/31/103,1170238285,66432,0,0.html

^ RPG really loves to burst my bubble and I enjoy countering it. :)

edit: 5.00 added to savings for the game out of.... XD
Something I noticed.. the first page of the Special Book, the tab contains "Character Unlocks and General Unlocks". Now, notice the screenshot at the bottom of the page that displays this page...

The 7, 10, 11, and 15 Unlockables have been shown:

Can anyone make out what 7 is? I can't...
10 is Amy and it looks like she sports her old look from Sonic Shuffle. Coincidence much?
11 is Shadow.
15 is... ;)

The other pages of the Special Book are:

Pages 2-7 - Artwork

Pages 8-9 - Music

Page 10 - Magic Carpets

Pages 11-12 - Other [?]

Pages 13-14 - Gold Medals

Pages 15 - Secret Unlocks [New modes]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:18:08 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 05:41:47 pm »
7 looks depressingly like Charmy.

13 looks like Storm.

Iono. All this unnecessary character recycling makes me want to cry.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 05:47:26 pm »
7 looks depressingly like Charmy.

13 looks like Storm.

Iono. All this unnecessary character recycling makes me want to cry.

Yeah I thought I saw Vector in there too...
Don't wanna jump to conclusions cause it would be ncie to have the Chaotix in this game but I'm not getting my hopes up...

13 is Cream, Rouge and someone else beside Rouge.. S'that Shadow? I dunno where you got Storm from, RPG.
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 05:55:07 pm »
I saw something big and grey

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 06:04:55 pm »
I saw something big and grey

Still don't get it..
Anyway, 12 days left and 65.00 to go. XD
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 06:17:19 pm »
Like at first all we saw anything of was the first desert stage which was nice, and that dumb dinosaur stage that always turned me off. Now we're seeing all this crazy stuff. The indoor stages look hot. The one at night at sea during a hurricane is completely unexpected. And the soundtrack keeps getting better, maybe it can stand up to Sonic06 after all.

First thing I'd do when I get the game is play story mode of course. =O err, or... I'll play party games, pick Shadow, and start the violin minigame, and just.... revel in the awesomeness: Shadow playing violin! hoooly crap

Anyway Erazor Djinn, sweet character. He has a giant razor and he's trying to "eraze" Arabian Nights. Could I even come up with this kind of stuff?

Yeah, I like all the stages thus far. I just learned that the Dinosaur stage was based on the Sinbad tale, actually.

Oh and Shadow needs to be unlocked, BTW. XD
I look forward to playing as Silver and Blaze.
Did you also notice Shadow on the multiplayer screen that he apepars to have a new costume of some sort? I thought I was the only one that noticed that. It looks like an outfit that would fit into the game from what I can make out anyway.

Speed Break for proper TA records would be easily compared to ShTH and CC.

I also got that unintended pun on Eraser's name...I mean Erazor. :P

I'm also wondering what the "Special Unlocks" are on the 15th page. Maybe, like 06, you can replay Story Mode stages with other characters? Anyway, despite that crazy theory, I'm still curious, nonetheless.

I REALLY hope I can get enough money to get the game the day it comes out! :) I'm really excited for this game, so much so I'm putting Blur (comes out 7 days later) and MP8 on hold for a while until I get more money...

Anyway, can't wait to share all my findings on the game here. Anyone really curious on stuff, let me know now and I'll look it all up for you and see what I can dig up. Competition is my first priority, though. I wanna see if the secondary missions are C-worthy (some are, some I'm not so sure). I think I'll also take a gander at the Special Book first and foremost (should be available) and see what unlockables I can uncover and I'll share them with you all. Anyone looking forward to Super Sonic? I'm not, to tell you the truth. I hope he's not in the game. period.

Anyway, info seems to be coming out a lot nowadays. It's like everyday, I hear of something new. Today it's the Babylon Rogues, tomorrow it'll be something else.
Wiiloveit

Offline stanski

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 12:51:15 am »
you don't even know if the games good yet (it probably won't be) and you're already looking to time attack it?

wow.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 03:58:31 am »
you don't even know if the games good yet (it probably won't be) and you're already looking to time attack it?

wow.

let's see you tell that to the admin!

Offline Rolken

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 09:20:18 am »
Who's this sombrero guy on gamefaqs and why should anything he says be taken seriously?
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Print

Hits: 1,067 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.