don't click here

TSC and the Secret Rings

Print

Author Topic: TSC and the Secret Rings  (Read 108768 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

TSC and the Secret Rings
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:00:33 pm »
This thread has been created to track the upcoming Wii game, "Sonic and the Secret Rings", as you already should have guessed by the title of this topic.

Let's start by noting the newly-updated official JPN site for the game: http://sega.jp/wii/sonic/

Let's get the ball rolling here.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Re: TSC and the Secret Rings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 04:38:48 pm »
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=747480
Based on what this preview says, the Wii Sonic game is turning out to be a real winner so far. The controls have a learning curve, but once you figure them out, they're really responsive.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 07:26:47 pm »
And it's recieving much more praise than 06, that's for sure.
Critics are calling it to be the game that will revive the series as it will be the closest 3D game to try to go back to Sonic's original "roots".

SEGA has done a great job at creating a lot of hype and not to mention anticipation for barely revealing a lot of info on the game and this is obviously a marketing strategy they're using.
Wiiloveit

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 07:30:20 pm »
Since I have a higher chance of getting a Wii than I do a 360, this might be the only game where I could have the championship if it gets added.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 10:17:28 pm »
It will be interesting to see what kind of competitive potential this game has. You bet I'll be competing in this game when it comes out.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 03:17:34 pm »
As will I. I hope to develop or assist in developing a list for competition divisions as has been the norm for me now since my original topic.

I also can't wait to see the potential this game has. I'm sure some of the missions and even the mini-games will have potential. Who knows, maybe that Violin game will, dare I say it, catch on. :P

Groudon, I can't wait to face you in this game for competition. Who knows, maybe even in other ways depending on what Nintendo decides to do with WiiConnect 24 for this game. ;)

I also wonder if Shadow and Rouge will appear but I think there's a high chance they will.
Wiiloveit

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 06:51:50 pm »
Since I have a higher chance of getting a Wii than I do a 360, this might be the only game where I could have the championship if it gets added.

hay you forgot sonicandamy, if it has blaze in it I will own the records.
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline X-5

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 07:19:42 pm »
don't forget me, as long as the reviews don't completely suck i'm definitely going to get it, and of course compete in it(heh, i'll probably attempt to time attack the first level before I even beat it once normally)

I doubt i'd get the championship though, seeing as I completely suck at score attacks, and ring attacks to an extent.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 08:55:25 pm »
As I said, this is maybe the only game I could be championship material for.  And s&a... Just because Blaze could be in the game doesn't mean she'll be playable.  To be honest, unless you start demolishing records in every catagory in Rush, you'll never get the championship.

Offline Super Azrael

• Chaos Chao with Aura
  • TSC: Azrael
  • Hopefully NOT my last Emerald!
    • View Profile
    • Ed or Tails
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 02:21:23 am »
Sonic 360 (an unfinished GAMMA) bombed because Microsoft wanted to beat Sony into the Next-Gen market.

I bet all my Chaos Emeralds that the fans are gonna cry about the camera again.

I know absolutely NOTHING about this game.

KNUCKLES NICKED MY EMERALDS...

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 10:51:57 am »
i really don`t like the game much it`s going to be hard with the wii remote i am sorry but what i seen of the game is not good only sonic as a playable character and i know that the game hasen`t come out yet but i like the 360 sonic game better game for me

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:42:13 pm »
only sonic as a playable character
Bloody YES.  About time Sonic Team realised throwing millions of new characters at each game doesn't make it better.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 10:45:13 pm »
Constant forward motion? That will make RAs much trickier, as you can't backtrack nor can you take multiple paths. Of course, it will remove a lot of the fun of check manipulation, but you can't have everything.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 10:57:54 pm »
I'll definitely get this game as soon as I can. Constant forward motion makes time attack more of finding tricks that will make you go faster. Scores will probably be collecting rings and killing all enemies (if there are no shortcuts/alternate routes) and ring collecting will be very tricky!
No matter, I'll take you all :P Well, I'll try my best anyway.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 11:07:21 pm »
Constant forward motion? That will make RAs much trickier, as you can't backtrack nor can you take multiple paths.

Yeah I can imagine. Can't wait. ;)
Wiiloveit

Offline stanski

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 10:56:12 pm »
Constant forward motion? That will make RAs much trickier, as you can't backtrack nor can you take multiple paths. Of course, it will remove a lot of the fun of check manipulation, but you can't have everything.

It says that if you tilt back on the controller and turn it you can turn 360 degrees. More like a race car game without having to press a button to go.

I personally might buy a wii just to play this if its good enough, if not I'll wait till smash bros comes out, pick up a wii, and pick this up too.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 12:14:41 am »
On rails game play could also mean that TAing of the game won't be as glitch dominated as other 3D Sonic games, which was the best thing about TAing ShtH (it had some glitches, but it was a lot less buggy than other games).

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 11:37:59 am »
On rails game play could also mean that TAing of the game won't be as glitch dominated as other 3D Sonic games, which was the best thing about TAing ShtH (it had some glitches, but it was a lot less buggy than other games).

Sonic Heroes, Team Rose TA anyone?
I'm also looking forward t this feature.
Wiiloveit

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 12:37:58 pm »
i don`t like the game for me it`s stupid and i don`t like sonic as the only playable character i like alot of characters

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 02:44:12 pm »
Well, stay away from Sonic 1 and Shadow.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 06:16:22 pm »
Oh! As long as it is nothing like Shadow was, I will like it.

Maybe they could add some levels with a 2-D/3-D effect (like Sonic Rush) where you tilt the controller left and right to move.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 03:00:54 pm »
As will I. I hope to develop or assist in developing a list for competition divisions as has been the norm for me now since my original topic.

I also can't wait to see the potential this game has. I'm sure some of the missions and even the mini-games will have potential. Who knows, maybe that Violin game will, dare I say it, catch on. :P

Groudon, I can't wait to face you in this game for competition. Who knows, maybe even in other ways depending on what Nintendo decides to do with WiiConnect 24 for this game. ;)

I also wonder if Shadow and Rouge will appear but I think there's a high chance they will.

I'm guessing the game will be pretty good, from everything I've heard. And TAing it will come down to precision control I think, since there isn't a huge range of controls, so it should come down to taking the best route (if there are routes) and nailing everything just right, as opposed to exploiting glitches and the physics for low times. Also, I heard Sonic is supposedly the only one in the game, at least that's playable. It may have Tails and Knux, but it shouldn't have any more than that. All these new characters are boring and just down have the same appeal that the original 3. That's just my opinion.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 03:12:22 pm »

I'm guessing the game will be pretty good, from everything I've heard. And TAing it will come down to precision control I think, since there isn't a huge range of controls, so it should come down to taking the best route (if there are routes) and nailing everything just right, as opposed to exploiting glitches and the physics for low times. Also, I heard Sonic is supposedly the only one in the game, at least that's playable. It may have Tails and Knux, but it shouldn't have any more than that. All these new characters are boring and just down have the same appeal that the original 3. That's just my opinion.

Oh, didn't you hear? Tails, Knux and Amy are all confirmed for Multiplayer. Further info on other characters in Multiplayer plus cameos has yet to be revealed.
Wiiloveit

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 03:58:38 pm »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/757/757110p1.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=747480
Hands-on impressions of a 85% complete version of the game. Two words describe the reactions to it so far. It rocks! Apparently one of the minor complaints about the game at E3 (jumps slowed down the flow of the game) has been fixed for the most part. The game play can best be described as being like StH mach speed sections, only with MUCH more precise controls. Thanks to the new game play style, the camera is no longer a problem. I'm predicting that this game will score somewhere between 8.5-9.3 from critics based on some of the glowing previews I've read. It also helps that its one of the best looking Wii games as of now. One of the few problems so far is a slight learning curve to adjust to the wiimote, but once you get over it, the controls are really smooth.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 04:24:04 pm »
More new info:

New villain and picture of Shaara revealed as well as information regarding Multipayer - 8 selectable characters! [http://www.dengekionline.com/news/200701/20/whf/n20070120_whf_sega01.jpg]

Wiiloveit

Offline eggFL

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 04:37:44 pm »
oh hell yes.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 12:15:50 pm »
Updates:

*Unofficially confirmed: Eggman is a playable character. [http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932811&topic=33264876]
*After doing the same thing that the user did in the GFAQS Board link above, I came to realize that the third icon on the bottom resembles a silhoutte to that of Rouge... ;)
*SEGA Japan has updated their character page for Chaos. I wonder why... Hm... ;) [http://sonic.sega.jp/chara/chaos/index.html]
*My insights on another character(s): I don't know much about this "Ali Baba" character so I took the liberty of checking out the Wikipedian page on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Baba). After learning more about it, I think it's safe to say that this "treasure" that Ali Baba finds may also be the same that Tails finds in the game, and guess who these/this "thieves/thief" will be? Oh, I don't know... maybe...uhh...  Jet (and possibly Wave and Storm as well).
*One stage-specific mission for Sand Oasis will have you going through the stage in reverse [http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932811&topic=33286891]. Uh.. Sonic R much?
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 12:28:16 pm »
Using GameFAQ's as a source is highly lol.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 12:49:46 pm »
Yeah I know but s'all I got ATM... XD
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 11:21:13 am »
Important Update:

Multiplayer characters have been revealed to be... SHADOW, CREAM, BLAZE, and SILVER! :O

More updates on the way; will source possibly.

edit: http://www.sonicstadium.org/sonicnews/259/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:33:57 am by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Print

Hits: 1,332 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.