After my heart was broken by my last failed Nuzlocke run of Heart Gold last night, I decided I would start over and give it another go AND THIS TIME KEEP A JOURNAL OF MY ADVENTURES OF SOME SORTS in lieu of my ability to actually draw.
What is Nuzlocke I hear you ask? Read this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge
I am using the two main rules as well as the following additional rules:
- No duplicate captures
- Nicknames must be given to team members
- Black/White out is a game over and the save file must be deleted
- Fainted Pokemon are to be deposited into the final box in the PC so that they may live on in memory /salute
- Shiny Pokemon are always eligible for capture
SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO
Captain's Log, Day 1
- Began my game as Viktor.
- Got a Cyndaquil named Frosty.
- Beat my rival and named him Batman.
- Caught a Pidgey on Route 29 and named her Flappy.
- Strolled into Route 46 and caught a Rattata and named him Jupiter.
- Route 30 yielded a Rattata for me :(
- Caught a Bellsprout on Route 31 and named him Cocktaker.
- Took a quick walk into DARK CAVE and caught a Geodude named Rockgroin with my final pokeball, which was terriying because I thought I had more than one left, and if it had broken out I would've forfeited my Pokemon from this area D:
- Arrived in Violet City!
As of now my team is as follows:
Jupiter - Level 6 Rattata
Rockgroin - Level 6 Geodude
Flappy - Level 7 Pidgey
Frosty - Level 9 Cyndaquil
Cocktaker - Level 3 Bellsprout
- A quick walk onto Route 32 yielded a Rattata :(
- As did Sprout Tower :(