don't click here

Sonic 06 BS stats

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 06 BS stats  (Read 10761 times)

Offline Parax

Sonic 06 BS stats
« on: January 24, 2008, 07:26:37 am »
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_the_hedgehog/rings/radical_train/silver

I've been through the stage several times and each time got 142 rings. I'm sure I'm not even missing one ring, let alone 163.

While we're at it:

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_the_hedgehog/scores/mission_2/shadow

This mission just involves hitting boxes, and there's definitely no way to get 10,000 extra points.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Re: Sonic 06 BS stats
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:30 am »
Quote from: FAQ
Remember though, if you think someone's cheating just because their times are insanely fast, there's a good chance you're wrong. :)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Parax

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:29:44 am »
I'm aware of that, and that's not why I'm calling BS; I'm calling BS because I'm definitely not missing 163 rings in Silver RT - I've been through the whole level multiple times, breaking every box and collecting every ring, and there aren't any extra rings either. Even if there were rings I was missing, there's definitely not 163 of them. As for mission 2, there's just no way to get that many points because the only things that will give you points are the time bonus and breaking boxes - boxes give you 20 points each and the mission ends if you hit the wrong one, and the time bonus doesn't give you 40,000 points.

Besides that, I don't think he's cheating... just that he accidentally submitted incorrect stats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:53:20 am by Paraxade »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:58:30 am »
In Radical Train he probably got Silver into an area hes not supposed to reach
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Parax

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:01:29 am »
The only area Silver can't normally reach is the very beginning, and there aren't any extra rings there, as shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ctuGk6fNiY

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 12:51:33 pm »
My guess is there's another area you can reach that hasn't been blatantly revealed.

Offline Parax

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:11:55 pm »
That's the thing, though, there aren't any other areas. Silver can access every part of both Sonic's and Shadow's levels; even if there was, again, there wouldn't be 163 rings; usually there's just 3-5.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 08:42:43 pm »
Bringing this back to the top.

Anyone gonna do anything about this?

Offline Parax

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 03:46:24 am »
I know thread necromancy is a sin...but uh...is anyone going to do anything about these bs stats?

Also...
http://www.soniccenter.org/members/darkspinessonic/sonic_the_hedgehog/scores/mission_2/shadow
http://www.soniccenter.org/members/psyborg/sonic_the_hedgehog/scores/mission_2/shadow

Either PsyBorg made the same mistake I did, or he felt the need to type in a score which tied mine. >_>
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:25 am »
As I said before, I doubt PsyBorg BS'd stats, even if hes not around anymore.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 01:31:02 pm »
The items of point value for the mission in question consists of a time bonus and boxes which must be broken in a specific order.  Boxes are worth 20 points each (or something around that) and there is no method available to enter "free roam" (that I am aware of in New City) and earn additional points (even if you could, there would be nothing to break).  The top two Sonic06 players on TSC have been unable to get anywhere near PsyBorg's score, which is grounds for suspicion (in addition to the above facts).

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:35 pm »
I was referring to the original ring stat, if its since been tied/beaten then sorry for the confusion

Offline Parax

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 03:12:09 pm »
Multiple people have confirmed there's not a single ring more than 142 in that stage. I don't know how/why Psyborg submitted 305 (a bizarre typo I assume), but either way it's not legit.

Print

Hits: 946 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.