don't click here

Metro 1 S2 Sonic score.

Print

Author Topic: Metro 1 S2 Sonic score.  (Read 4002 times)

Offline stanski

Metro 1 S2 Sonic score.
« on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:24 pm »
Would like to see the video that exists for this. There is one enemy that cannot be killed for sonic because the nuts and bolts reset. Knux can get around this by climbing. Gotta see how you get that enemy or else this stat is bs.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Metro 1 S2 Sonic score.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:35:30 am »
Well, the guys comment claims he has video proof, so I guess we just wait till he sees this
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 11:23:35 am »
YAY! My first challenge! (don't know why I'm excited for that)
Hokay, the video will take a little time to upload, so for the time being I will tempt your eyeballs with a map I made of my trip through the level! The red arrows are the (seemingly) one-way passages, while the long yellow line is my path through the level. There's a semi-interesting story behind this, too: After figuring out how much of an idiot I was with the MC+ saves, I decided to redo all my ring runs properly, this time filming them all. I started with Hill Top 2 (my least favorite) and continued with Metropolis, backwards. I decided that I wouldn't post any of the rings until I had them ALL, just so it looks kinda impressive XD. I made maps like the attached for every level except Emerald Hill (those were easy anyway). I also have this one long spreadsheet (think Excel but different program) in which I keep track of my times/scores/rings, ranks, and the current record for each level. So anywho, I finish the Metropolis 1 RA, thinking that this one seemed surprisingly easy, and I finish converting the video. Then, as I did with the other runs, I look at the end of the video for my score, just so I have something to submit; this was, after all, a RA, not a SA. 78400. Hmm, that appears to be larger than the record I wrote down for that level. Must be a mistake. Lo and behold, I had accidentally broken a record and hadn't really realized it until the site came back up. Again, I'm still holding off on submitting my ring counts until I have finished all of them, but I thought that I should submit this on the off chance that somebody else got it before I submitted. Anywho, the video (about 13MB - sorry) should hopefully finish uploading later today (I HATE DIAL-UP) and I'll link to it when it's done.

EDITED to remove the double spaces - I have to stop doing that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:29:05 am by Antiporcupine »
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline stanski

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 05:51:29 pm »
Yea you don't need to upload any more (though i'll watch if you do still :-)), I just figured out how to get around that one spring that was stopping me from using the route that you have up there (the one in the half pipe area with 2 "scroll glitchable" walls, I didn't think it was possible to go left there). Good job, working on matching your score now.

Also, if you want to post videos in the future, just make a really small encode. For a 5 minute level, you should be able to get a 2 mb file and still have it be viewable for verifying.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 05:57:35 pm by stanski »

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:58:17 pm »
No problem.  The trick is, I'm using MC+ directly, not an emulator.  I figured, since I have a 32M Chemical Plant RA video (can't remember from who) that I downloaded from here, that the videos I have (this one is one of the largest) would be okay for eventual submission to this site.  That's actually the primary reason I'm filming them all; should be an interesting sequence when I'm done, all record RAs.  What's most odd is, I figured that someone probably already knew about that path, as it seemed to be the simplest path to cover everything.  The video is kinda funny there though; the recording actually shows me taking about 7 tries at bypassing that door before I do it successfully.  Whatever.
And thanks for the "good job".  Really.  I finally feel as though I've made a significant mark here with that record.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, ya know?
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline stanski

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:24:36 pm »
Yea I record directly from a genesis also and the files don't have to be that large.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sda_site;action=display;num=1184139136 is an easy tool to get a quick LQ video. It will probably be a little bit bigger if you use that, as the standards are a little bit higher even for low quality, but its easy to use.

That is definitely not the easiest way to get all rings, its much easier to push the screws down and then climb back up the screws to scroll glitch to the rest of the level.

Print

Hits: 154 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1010.91 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.