don't click here

Let's Start a Cultural Même

Print

Author Topic: Let's Start a Cultural Même  (Read 3949 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Let's Start a Cultural Même
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:31:20 pm »
I've had this idea for a while now, and am curious to see how it will play out. It can be considered a social experiment, of sorts; in fact, it is just that.

We should try to do something unique in as many places as possible without being obnoxious and the like, and see if it spreads outward in some sort of chain-mail style effect. Eventually, it could come into the mainstream, as terms like "pwn", "lol", et al have. TSC would be able to take credit for its origin, and this would make things even more interesting, because it would have a definitive birth place, unlike most slang. In fact, in the name of "science", we might even track its progress and its growth (or lack thereof) in usage with a patient 0 style effect.

Obviously, the internet is a good place to try something like this. Real life is ok, I suppose, but the parent/carrier relationship is slower. So now, let's take suggestions for what to propogate. We will eventually decide on something, and abandon the other terms.

Personally, I have no suggestions, but the proposed habit/terms would need to be something short and sweet (very rarely will large slang or elaborate actions become popular).

Let the games begin.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline CosmicFalcon

Re: Let's Start a Cultural Même
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:15:05 am »
Bouncy needs more propogation. For serious.

Hey let's make a même of correct spelling and grammar! That'd be a challenge to propogate.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Crowbar

Re: Let's Start a Cultural Même
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:47:27 pm »
Forced même is foooooooooooooooooooorced.

Print

Hits: 219 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 999.82 KB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.