don't click here

About Rayku

Print

Author Topic: About Rayku  (Read 6843 times)

Offline SuperSonic101

About Rayku
« on: October 21, 2004, 07:22:17 pm »
I am just wondering about some of Rayku's times in Sonic Adventure 2. Some of the times I cannot see how to possibly get, such as his 20.00 time in pumpkin hill 3. I think that Rayku should be at least questioned and possibly asked for proof. If you read this, Rayku, please respond.

Offline Rayku

About Rayku
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 09:13:57 pm »
I am just wondering about some of Rayku's times in Sonic Adventure 2. Some of the times I cannot see how to possibly get, such as his 20.00 time in pumpkin hill 3. I think that Rayku should be at least questioned and possibly asked for proof. If you read this, Rayku, please respond.
[snapback]5138[/snapback]

Hey SS101. Haven't talked to you in a while. Yeah, I thought someone would question that time sooner or later, and let's just say it's because of a glitch. I'm surprising no one has found it out yet, but I'm sure a time of 19.xx is possible =) I left it at 20 just for a cool time. You know I don't lie, so I shouldn't have to answer to you accusing me of cheating or anything. You also know I have no way of showing proof or anything of the sort, so if you don't think it's truthful, I'll just have to submit a time without using the little glitch I found.

BTW, if you wanna know what it is, try and catch me on MSN sometime. I'll tell you there, that way you can pwn my ass with the satisfaction that you kick my butt in the game overall

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
About Rayku
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 05:57:35 pm »
Hey SS101. Haven't talked to you in a while. Yeah, I thought someone would question that time sooner or later, and let's just say it's because of a glitch. I'm surprising no one has found it out yet, but I'm sure a time of 19.xx is possible =) I left it at 20 just for a cool time. You know I don't lie, so I shouldn't have to answer to you accusing me of cheating or anything. You also know I have no way of showing proof or anything of the sort, so if you don't think it's truthful, I'll just have to submit a time without using the little glitch I found.

BTW, if you wanna know what it is, try and catch me on MSN sometime. I'll tell you there, that way you can pwn my ass with the satisfaction that you kick my butt in the game overall
[snapback]5159[/snapback]
Glitches are for freestyle, not for regular gameplay. Because you used this glitch, your time is invalid, and should be moved to freestyle. Submit a new time to replace the one using the glitch under the normal mode if you want, but just clear the current time, and submit it if you like under freestyle.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SadisticMystic

About Rayku
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 07:37:58 pm »
Not all of them are automatically freestyle.  Only the ones that actually undermine gameplay get set that way.

Depending on what it is, a ruling can be issued.

Offline SuperSonic101

About Rayku
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 05:55:39 pm »
Rayku, I never see you on MSN! How come you're never on it any more? I've been wanting to talk to you for a while. I never actually accused you of lying, I'm just saying that I don't see how it's possible. Would it be possible to email me the strat or to PM me the strat? If you don't have my newest MSN, it's the_ermanator@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Offline Rayku

About Rayku
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 08:44:51 pm »

[snapback]5159[/snapback]
Glitches are for freestyle, not for regular gameplay. Because you used this glitch, your time is invalid, and should be moved to freestyle. Submit a new time to replace the one using the glitch under the normal mode if you want, but just clear the current time, and submit it if you like under freestyle.
[snapback]5180[/snapback]

Rayku doesn't think he broke the rules. He never left the level, and used a glitch that I think it completely legit. All I did was start the level a weird way, which is a glitch that's inside the level. Plus, I didn't use that speed shoes thingy. I still don't know if that's considered freestlye or not, but hey, I'll move it if you want >.>

Offline Rolken

About Rayku
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 09:34:27 pm »
PM SM and/or I about it if you want a ruling and don't want anybody to know what it is.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
About Rayku
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 07:09:03 am »
My suggestion, Rayku:

Don't tell SM anything, he'll then proceed to thrash your time =P

Let Rolko know instead.

<3 Thorn.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
About Rayku
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 09:04:43 pm »
"All I did was start the level a weird way, which is a glitch that's inside the level."
I've heard about some glitch where if you start some levels of SA2 Battle by doing a weird combination of moves, you can pass through the floor and get a really good time. Is this what's being talked about? If it its, then it definately undermines competitive gameplay (in this case it could degrade the SA2B time attack section into a contest of who can abuse the weird start glitch the fastest) and should be a banned technique. This "weird level starting" glitch reminds me of the infamous "Roll Cancel Bug". This bug actually degraded a high profile Capcom VS SNK tournament into a contest of who could abuse the bug more often and more effectively. The roll cancel incident can be found in an article from sirlin.net called "Playing to Win Part 2."
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline SadisticMystic

About Rayku
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 12:47:00 am »
I've heard about some glitch where if you start some levels of SA2 Battle by doing a weird combination of moves, you can pass through the floor and get a really good time. Is this what's being talked about?
No.  Starting by passing through the floor wouldn't do much except kill you in most levels, not to mention we don't have any indication as to what button sequence this is or even if it's real.

Passing through floors other than at the start is nothing new anyway (see Death Chamber).

Rayku's trick makes use of a Pumpkin Hill-exclusive mechanic and bends some timing rules with it.  There's no traveling through any floors.

And roll-canceling, from what I've heard, is perfectly allowed.

Offline Rayku

About Rayku
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 11:06:11 pm »
I've heard about some glitch where if you start some levels of SA2 Battle by doing a weird combination of moves, you can pass through the floor and get a really good time. Is this what's being talked about?
No.  Starting by passing through the floor wouldn't do much except kill you in most levels, not to mention we don't have any indication as to what button sequence this is or even if it's real.

Passing through floors other than at the start is nothing new anyway (see Death Chamber).

Rayku's trick makes use of a Pumpkin Hill-exclusive mechanic and bends some timing rules with it.  There's no traveling through any floors.

[snapback]5413[/snapback]

And that is why it stays.

Print

Hits: 580 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.