don't click here

Sonic Advance Maps, The Sequel

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Advance Maps, The Sequel  (Read 2072 times)

Sonic Advance Maps, The Sequel
« on: March 23, 2012, 12:24:55 am »
Some of you might remember this old thread from 2008, where some people were complimenting my work on maps for the first Sonic Advance. I was asked to do more maps for the game but I pretty much admitted that it was way too time consuming to do so.

Well almost 4 years later, with some custom coding of my own and a few months of work, I just finished (re)mapping the whole thing. Now I'm *not* posting this to get praises or to satisfy my ego, but because I want some feedback.

I managed to get pretty much the same results as Nitsuja did when he made his maps for The Sonic Center, but with more emphasis on the aesthetics (with the backgrounds and the enemies placed on the ground, etc) and getting all the moving platforms and bumpers to show in their starting position.

Anyway, as I said, I want some feedback. Most specifically, I'd like those of you who know every corner of every level by heart to tell me if I've missed anything such as a ring here, or a spring there. My capturing method was still mostly by hand with only some automation, so I even had to refer to Nitsuja's maps as reference. Even then, I might have missed a bunch of hidden spikes or springs, or even a secret area (which I've tried to indicate using transparencies). Any help to achieve the most accurate maps possible would be very appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Print

Hits: 431 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 972.08 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.