don't click here

ATTN: bertin

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: bertin  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
ATTN: bertin
« on: July 20, 2009, 12:17:31 am »
So, I've been told that you're not at home right now and that bugging you in IRC isn't a smart idea, so here's a topic that'll still be here when you get home.~

You've posted 269 rings in Meta Junglira 1 for both characters, and I'm only pulling 259. That in itself isn't cause for alarm. Here's my logic...

* Both my run and the level map show 201 rings (if you look at the map carefully, there's little "1D" symbols where some rings would be in the first loop and in the tube immediately after the start).
* You can end the level with a ring count ending in 9 to earn 10 rings from the signpost at the end of the level. So, forfeit 2 of the 201 to finish with 209.
* You can enter the level with 50 free rings if you spin a Chaos Emerald on a signpost from a level immediately before attempting this level. That brings you up to 259.
* The only known 10 rings not marked on that map are from a 10-ring monitor that appears in place of the Chaos Emerald monitor if you've either finished the special stage in that monitor or have finished all five of the game's special stages. This would bring you up to 269.

Now, here's where the problem begins.
* If you enter the special stage, you forfeit the 50 free rings you came in with, since your ring count resets to 0 upon finishing the special stage.
* If you enter a special stage, return to the main level, and die or die + continue, the special stage box does not respawn -- it becomes a 10-ring box, but you forfeit the 50 free rings you started with on your first life.
* Meta Junglira is the 5th act with a special stage, so you can't have all special stages done before entering the act due to the above point preventing you from earning more than one emerald at previous opportunities.
* Therefore, you can't have earned 10 rings from this Chaos Emerald / 10-ring monitor, and you must have got them from another source.

Thus, this stat is erroneous, or the map is erroneous. The stat certainly isn't a typo, because a quick check of your stat history shows that you'd posted a 219 before, which is most likely your stat sans the 50 free rings, and which is 10 above mike's 209 which was likely also earned without the 50 free rings.

So... yeah. Explanation plz. At the very least, we could correct the level map.

EDIT: Explanation received. Apparently I was "<bertin> soooo ignorant" of the most batshit crazy glitch I've ever heard during my time at TSC, but it's been explained. That brings me to my next point... YOU CAN'T DELETE YOUR OWN TOPICS ON THIS BOARD? WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 12:38:53 am by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: ATTN: bertin
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »
Same question I ask. Why can't you delete your own damn topics?
But if did you ever pull off the glitch?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:24:02 pm »
^ No, I filled in an entry for all submissions and moved on. 34 more to go...

Offline Stefan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:39:21 am »
I can't delete your topic on this board either.

wack.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:34:34 pm »
^ Wait, you can delete topics on other boards where you're not a dedicated moderator?

Is there some special class of If I Had A (Ban)Hammer that I've been excluded from? I can only modify posts on all boards except Leaderboard Disputes, News and Updates, and TMMC News (if I weren't admin, I'd imagine I wouldn't be able to do it on the corresponding TUSC board too), but not delete them. Damn you special people and your special permissions.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:06:27 pm »
I'm now VERY curious about this glitch.  (note that I don't compete in STT, so you're safe telling me....)
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:33:30 pm »
QUIT BUMPING THIS TOPIC. SOMEONE LOCK THIS UP.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:39:34 pm »
BUMP BUMP BUMPETY BUMPERTON
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 1,124 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.