Poll

Who do you think will win?

Cardinals
5 (45.5%)
Steelers
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Print

Author Topic: Super Bowl 43  (Read 13710 times)

Offline Maru Kiba

• The Oltanis Team Sub-Leader
  • TSC: Maru_Kiba
  • winxp firefox
  • Maru Kiba of The Oltanis Team
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
Super Bowl 43
« on: February 01, 2009, 06:36:16 pm »
Who do you think will win the super bowl 43 and why do you believe so?

As for me, I kinda am going towards rooting for the Cardinals. Reason is that no one expects and unexpected team to win a super Bowl, one because the Cardinals I believe only got in once and lost, so I think that they can win because of the most would expect a more prestigious team like the Steelers to win, and that proves to make most lose. And as result the of the saying: Expect the unexpected. Except no one really does!
The Oltanis Team. Is made up of 9 strong and special members.
Leader (Gold-Black): Tanor Zeta Faux
Sub-Leader (Crimson): Maru Akane Kiba
Gold General (Yellow): Tana Iota Faux
Silver General (Purple): Kota Aura Rae
Bronze General (Ice Blue): Eis Sam Makai
Squad Leader (Dark Blue): Salza H. Refurin
Castle Guardian (White): Nathan S. Graves
Rune Mistress (Lavender): Forsha Timbre
Storm Dragon (Dark Grey): Helios Darkus Kiba
---
http://s917.photobucket.com/home/MaruKiba/index

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Super Bowl 43
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:53:34 pm »
Reason is that no one expects and unexpected team to win a super Bowl, one because the Cardinals I believe only got in once and lost

If I remember correctly, this is their first Super Bowl.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 10:19:45 pm »
Bruce Springsteen won by a landslide.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:20:38 am »
No, no, you've got it all wrong. The real winner was Doritos.

(ps: epic finish)

<3 Thorn.

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:57:26 am »
Well the Cardinals nearly had it! I was rooting for them all the way and then on the last :35 seconds in the 4th quarter damn steelers got it. Then what is worse is that the Cardinals used their timeouts when they had two good passes and could have gained more yardage at least until they are near enough for a field goal. A 26 to 27 is better than a 23 to 27 you know.

I did the same game on my Madden 2004. (I have 2004 and 2007 (that one is on my Game Boy Advance) 2004 on my PS2. The Cardinals did win on the game. But the Steelers was so close to winning at the last second the Steelers were a yard away from the goal line at 0:00 when he was tackled. the final score was 17 steelers-20 cardinals. This was Cpu vs. Cpu by the way,

I also did it on Madden 2007 on my GBA. The Cardinals won here 20 steelers-23 cardinals.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:04:53 am »
I did the same game on my Madden 2004. (I have 2004 and 2007 (that one is on my Game Boy Advance) 2004 on my PS2. The Cardinals did win on the game. But the Steelers was so close to winning at the last second the Steelers were a yard away from the goal line at 0:00 when he was tackled. the final score was 17 steelers-20 cardinals. This was Cpu vs. Cpu by the way,

I also did it on Madden 2007 on my GBA. The Cardinals won here 20 steelers-23 cardinals.

Xbox LIVE did a similar thing the week before the game.  In Madden 09, they simulated 5 games between the 2 teams (CPU vs. CPU).  The Cardinals won 3 of them and the Steelers won 2.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:28 pm »
A 26 to 27 is better than a 23 to 27 you know.

No, it isn't. They'd still lose the game, and a field goal would be a completely moronic decision that leaves them no chance to win where a deep ball to the end zone might. You don't get remembered for "getting within one point of the other team at the Super Bowl", you get remembered for winning the damn game.

I ran a simulation on Troy Aikman NFL Football (Genesis, 1994) and the Steelers wound up winning 80-3 despite getting no first downs and being dominated on time of possession (10 offensive plays total). That game was silly like that.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 05:51:44 pm »
That was the most badly ref'd game I had ever seen in a super bowl half of the penalties against the cards were bs calls. I was at a game bar while watching it and everyone agreed with me when the "Roughing the passer" and most of the calls were bs. It's over I know but hey you can't say the Refs just helped the Steelers ALOT more than they should have! So all I will say is this "Enjoy that Super Bowl ring" oh and KURT WARNER FOR HALL OF FAME!

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • winvista msie7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:30 am »

No, it isn't. They'd still lose the game, and a field goal would be a completely moronic decision that leaves them no chance to win where a deep ball to the end zone might. You don't get remembered for "getting within one point of the other team at the Super Bowl", you get remembered for winning the damn game.

I ran a simulation on Troy Aikman NFL Football (Genesis, 1994) and the Steelers wound up winning 80-3 despite getting no first downs and being dominated on time of possession (10 offensive plays total). That game was silly like that.

Even so if they got close enough after the two good passes where they called timouts (which was dumb of them. Why call timeouts when you made a good pass to gain yardage) they could at least passed for a touchdown. They were on the 40- yard line on the first bs timeout, they passed the ball and they got to at least the 25- yard line, then the second one got them to the 30- yard line, if they didn't call timeouts on either, they could get close enough for a pass touchdown at least.)

But I saw the Cardinals doing hasty plays and acted without really thinking of what they were doing after :35. I know that I'd be rushed on :35 on 4th Quarter, but I still would keep calm and make good decisions.
 (I don't play football, but this I know).

But in the end Cardinals lost and I lost 30 bucks on the bet! (Until I stole it back when he wasn't looking so he was cheated out of his bet! So it was loss/win situation! lol he was like where'd it go! HE checked his car and the table he was crazy, he then left home without his 30! And I kept that 30 hahaha I then told him last night I took his 30 back. He was pissed, but he wasn't mad so he and I laughed)
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Alondite

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 01:12:13 pm »

Even so if they got close enough after the two good passes where they called timouts (which was dumb of them. Why call timeouts when you made a good pass to gain yardage) they could at least passed for a touchdown. They were on the 40- yard line on the first bs timeout, they passed the ball and they got to at least the 25- yard line, then the second one got them to the 30- yard line, if they didn't call timeouts on either, they could get close enough for a pass touchdown at least.)

Ok, time for me to step in here.  They called timeouts because those passes were up the middle of the field, meaning that the clock was still running.  The purpose of the time-outs were to stop the clock.  If they didn't call timeouts, then the clock runs out and they lose the game, or they have to spike, which is a loss of down.

But I saw the Cardinals doing hasty plays and acted without really thinking of what they were doing after :35. I know that I'd be rushed on :35 on 4th Quarter, but I still would keep calm and make good decisions.
 (I don't play football, but this I know).

It's called a 2 minute drill, and it's run int he "no-huddle offense," which is a very effective way to run an offense if you can do it.  The Bills went to (and lost...but that's not the point) 4 straight SBs running a no-huddle offense.  On their last scoring drive, Arizona was running a no-huddle offense.  The Colots have also run this type of offense, and were very successful thanks to Peyton Manning, the smartest QB in the history of football.  In the no-huddle, the QB calls the play at the line, either based on the defense or what the coach calls into him.  This saves time, and keeps the defense on their heels, as well as preventing them from substituting, keeping the same tired defense on the field. Manning caught the Chargers subbing and ended up throwing a TD pass in the Colts - Chargers wildcard game.

But in the end Cardinals lost and I lost 30 bucks on the bet! (Until I stole it back when he wasn't looking so he was cheated out of his bet! So it was loss/win situation! lol he was like where'd it go! HE checked his car and the table he was crazy, he then left home without his 30! And I kept that 30 hahaha I then told him last night I took his 30 back. He was pissed, but he wasn't mad so he and I laughed)

The Steelers might have gotten the W, but the Cardinals won the game.  The Cardinals completely outperformed the Steelers, amassing some 400 yards against a Steeler defense that had not allowed over 300 all season.  On the other side, the Steelers weren't even able to muster 300 yards, and only forced 2 turnovers, one of which was highly questionable.  The Cards had 11 penalties for over 100 yards called against them, while the Steelers had about 50 yards on 7 penalties. 

The refs won the game for the Steelers.  They made BS calls, and miss game-altering calls, such as the half dozen or so holding calls against the Steelers on Harrison's INT return, which would have resulted in them not getting a TD and the half ending with the Cards getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter.  Also, opting to not review the "fumble" that ended the game.  I say "fumble" because it wasn't, it was CLEARLY an incomplete pass, you don't even need a replay to see that.  The ball remained in Kurt's hand through the throwing motion, and was knocked off-target by the Steeler who hit his hand and the ball.  That is an incomplete pass, not a fumble.  On top of that, there was a personal foul on the Steelers on that play which would have given the Cardinals another 15 yards, easily in range for a Fitzgerald jump ball, a play he makes a vast majority of the time due to his height, excellent hands and ball control, and a 42" vertical jump.  It was an exciting game, but it should have ended 30-20 in favor of the Cards.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »
Quoted for epicness.

And, I'm somehow reminded of, when Brawl first came out, someone did a 5 stock Mario vs. Sonic in Final Destination match with two lvl9 CPs.  The match was extremely close, with both players flying off the screen at their last life at the SAME TIME.  Sonic won by a hair.
My presssioussss....

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • winvista msie7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:33:12 am »
That's amazing. And usually just lucky. Heh.

Offline Light Sector

• The Mercenary of Lightness
  • TSC: DarkSector2
  • win2000 firefox
  • I am the master of lightness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 01:21:27 pm »
I thought the Cardinals wwould win, but it just happend to be like this. I did the match on my Madden 2006 and 2008, both Cardinals Won.
I am a mercenary (paid of course). I get to kill for a living! >:)

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 08:49:48 pm »
I thought the Cardinals wwould win, but it just happend to be like this. I did the match on my Madden 2006 and 2008, both Cardinals Won.

Like me and Alondite pointed out....It isn't the Cardinals fault. It's mainly the refs fault because of so many bad calls and calls that were supposed to BE made.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 09:45:13 pm »
I for one think that if the Cardinals' coach used his one last challenge on one of the plays (a particular one, but I don't remember enough about it to explain it) the Cardinals would have won.
My presssioussss....

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 12:21:33 am »
Yeah, the Super Bowl was quite great. I was rooting for the Cardinals to win, as Kurt Warner (The 2000 Superbowl winner for my favorite team, the St. Louis Rams) was on their team. I also like the other players and have liked the Cardinals for a while. I agree that they should have won the game. If a few different plays would have went their way everything would've been awesome for them.

Print

Hits: 435 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.