don't click here

Yet another question for Sonic 1 RAers

Print

Author Topic: Yet another question for Sonic 1 RAers  (Read 7771 times)

Offline Muzozavr

Yet another question for Sonic 1 RAers
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:41:08 pm »
Right now I have 5 levels to worry about: Star Light 1, Star Light 3, Scrap Brain 1, Scrap Brain 2, Scrap Brain 3.

Questions:
1) Which one is the easiest?
2) Which one (if any) includes the least amount of oddball tricks and glitches, because I refues to look at SkyLights's videos just yet?
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline FuzZerd

Re: Yet another question for Sonic 1 RAers
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »
scrap brain 2 is probably easiest, and involves a single zip glitch.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:06:41 pm »
SB2, SL3, SL1, SB1, SB3
imnsho
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:50:38 am »
SB2, SL3, SL1, SB1, SB3
imnsho

SB1 before SL1 imo. unless your only going for 207.  and 118 in sb3 is probably doable if you want to take the time to attempt it but anything higher then that is next to impossible.

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:19:43 am »
You know I've asked this because of despair on SB2 -- and if other levels are even harder... Good lord, I might just as well stop RAing this game for now, and switch to something different.
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:20:45 pm »
try EH 1 and 2 those are pretty easy, but its confusing getting into those secret areas sometimes.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 07:43:13 pm »
As far as I am aware, the only major glitch needed for Sonic 2 rings is the screenwrap glitch in Metropolis (and you shouldn't try that first anyways).  Oh yeah, and the minor glitch in Oil Ocean where you can spindash under the pillars in the oil.  The best way to do any of those is to take the map for the level and draw for yourself what path you're going to take.  Some of them can be kinda complicated and drawn out (OK, sorry, maybe all of them) but they're not too difficult once you've done that.  Definitely save Oil Ocean, Metropolis, and Wing Fortress for last on these.

Oh, and warning you now: Hill Top 2 with Sonic is a ROYAL PAIN.  The current record involves reaching nearly the end of the level on the "upper route" and backtracking as far as you can on the "lower route".  Unfortunately, since you've gone backwards, the gondola-basket-type-thingys are in their highest positions.  The result is a set of blind jumps over lava to get five rings in midair.  >_<  Plus this is at the end of the level - every time you mess up you have to start over.  Oh yeah - and you still have to fight Eggman after that.  That one almost made me cry trying, but I did it.

I once had most of the records, but unfairly due to personal misunderstanding about the rules (Mega Collection Plus savestates).  I've taken (in my mind) some of the most difficult ones back, but from what I can remember, Emerald Hill 1 and 2 I did quite easily without a map or savestates.  (I still took the stats down just in case.)
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 10:09:47 pm »
I have to say it...  Eggman doesn't exist in Sonic 2...  especially if you're playing the SMC/SGC version

Also, if you're looking for RAing easy, go for S3DB...  or the GG games...

And if you're going to RA OO1 or Met2, you might consider using Tails... he has a slightly smaller hitbox, which, in OO is important for spindashing under posts and in Met is useful for the screenwrap
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 11:28:42 pm »

Also, if you're looking for RAing easy, go for S3DB...  or the GG games...

And if you're going to RA OO1 or Met2, you might consider using Tails... he has a slightly smaller hitbox, which, in OO is important for spindashing under posts and in Met is useful for the screenwrap

oh right I forgot about those games because I don't own them.

also I thought sonic and tails have the same hitbox in sonic 2.

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 11:34:03 pm »
also I thought sonic and tails have the same hitbox in sonic 2.

So did I until recently. Easy way of seeing this is in Emerald Hill 2. On the first platform with the spring, Sonic will run into all 3 rings, but Tails runs under 1 of them.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 03:34:12 am »
easiest place for me to tell is Death Egg...

try this...  as tails, run into the fight with Silver, run all the way to the left wall, and spindash...

4 hits... and he'll then ball up and head the other other side...

try it with Sonic and you die... he has to move a little away from the wall, otherwise he's too tall and gets caught in Silver's chainsaw-spines

Also, you can check out the OO1 stuff... it's really easy to notice for me, the difference...

Print

Hits: 492 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.