don't click here

UR MR GAY (Super Mario Galaxy)

Print

Author Topic: UR MR GAY (Super Mario Galaxy)  (Read 9315 times)

Offline P.P.A.

UR MR GAY (Super Mario Galaxy)
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:54:10 pm »
Okay, so I beat it a few days ago with 120 stars and was very disappointed. Only 3 or 4 missions in this game managed to be at least the slightest bit of a challenge, the rest of the game was so easy it's not even fun anymore! You aren't satisfied after beating a mission that's about as easy as going for a walk, it lacks a sense of accomplishment.
The best mission I think was they Toy Box' purple coins one. It was hard, a lot of fun and I was filled with joy both while attempting it and after beating it. Too bad most other levels aren't even 1/2 as tough or fun. No thanks, I'll stay with my beloved Super Mario Sunshine. Fail, Nintendo. Fail.
Also the camera sucks. Controls are good though.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

Re: UR MR GAY (Super Mario Galaxy)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:00:50 pm »
Can't you change the camera in Mario Galaxy?

What means does the Wii controller have for camera control? I was thinking you could use the wiimote to change the camera. That doesn't work? Also I was thinking the d-pad on the wiimote could be used to alter the camera, N64 c-button style, theoretically. Unless the d-pad is too low or something.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:17:11 pm by eggFL »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:44:03 pm »
You can change the camera... Unfortunately only when the game allows it, which is usually not when you'd need it. Also you can only turn it a few degrees if at all and don't have full control over it.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:03:58 pm »
Oh I see.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 05:18:54 pm »
I didn't have problems with the camera, unless swimming.

And I thought the level design, albeit easy, was extremely well done. the levels were fun and made great use of gravity. that is what makes the same so awesome!

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 09:20:07 pm »
Okay, so I beat it a few days ago with 120 stars and was very disappointed.

THAT IS NOT BEATING THE GAME!

YOU STILL HAVE TO DO IT WITH LUIGI! AND YES IT IS DIFFERENT!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:26:10 pm »
Okay, so I beat it a few days ago with 120 stars and was very disappointed.

THAT IS NOT BEATING THE GAME!

YOU STILL HAVE TO DO IT WITH LUIGI! AND YES IT IS DIFFERENT!

SPOILERS!!!

nah just kidding. But I never knew you could play as Luigi. That sounds like some sweet replay value right there.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 02:23:29 am »
Okay, so I beat it a few days ago with 120 stars and was very disappointed. Only 3 or 4 missions in this game managed to be at least the slightest bit of a challenge, the rest of the game was so easy it's not even fun anymore! You aren't satisfied after beating a mission that's about as easy as going for a walk, it lacks a sense of accomplishment.
The best mission I think was they Toy Box' purple coins one. It was hard, a lot of fun and I was filled with joy both while attempting it and after beating it. Too bad most other levels aren't even 1/2 as tough or fun. No thanks, I'll stay with my beloved Super Mario Sunshine. Fail, Nintendo. Fail.
Also the camera sucks. Controls are good though.
But PPA, it's a winner's walk!  Oh wait, you probably didn't get that far.

And no spoiling unlockables!  Even if I already finished the game 100% (save one thing involving max star bits, but that's more of a fun addition I don't care to get), others my not want to know.

You aren't truly done until you perform the winner's walk.  The proof?  You'll see in the Wii message board.
Hi

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 06:54:45 am »
Why would I want to play through that game again if I already didn't really likle it the first time around? I mean Luigi is awesome and stuff but really I've had enough of this. Later maybe.
Oh wait, you probably didn't get that far.
Quartz lern 2 read. I said I got all 120 stars.
Wii message board
What is that wait I don't care the Wii sucks.

And I forgot that the swimming controls are the worst ever.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:00:30 am by P.P.A. »

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 08:33:57 pm »
I have finished the game as Mario with 120 stars, which I did a couple weeks ago. I think it was definitely enjoyable. I had some problems with the swimming controls which frustrated me at times, but it didn't majorly detract from the full gameplay experience. The difficulty level to me was pretty easy, too. I didn't have any problems with the camera, however. Overall, I thought it was an excellent game.

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 01:07:14 pm »
Con you actually change the Sound Volume in SMG? Because, I might only give the game a try if I can turn off Mario's voice.
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 01:14:59 pm »
Heh.  Bumpy.

I don't recall if you can change sound volume... correct me if I'm wrong, would Mario's voice change at all with a different language set?  Otherwise, I doubt you could turn it off.  Then again, I didn't think his voice was all that annoying in Galaxy.  Mario Party 8, on the other hand, made a BIG mistake for giving him complete sentences.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:23:22 pm »
It's not about his sentences. I just hate his voice. I imagine his voice being especially annoying in SMG, because everytime you jump or attack, he makes this stupid "Woah" sound (with the voice of a complete idiot).
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Print

Hits: 842 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.