don't click here

ITT egg ruins another topic, makes a fool of himself yet again and gets banned

Print

Author Topic: ITT egg ruins another topic, makes a fool of himself yet again and gets banned  (Read 63292 times)

Offline Rolken

Re: SONIC CHRONICLES: The Dark Brotherhood
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2008, 11:53:20 pm »
Well, I've had about enough of egg hankering for a fight in every topic on the planet, and he is banned from the forum. If you want to discuss it, please do so in another thread, or start another thread about this game that can be something other than petty bickering about the state of Sonic first.

edit: actually this thread is probably beyond redemption, so carry on
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:58:47 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Rolken

Also, to clarify. Boneheaded opinions, while lamentable, were not the cause of this ban. Rather, it was the insistence upon regularly thrusting the aforementioned boneheaded opinions into the public eye and whacking people over the head with them, taking relatively innocuous comments and using them as casus belli for obliterating any goodwill in topics, as such:

As I said, a source called it one of the best Sonic games since Sonic Adventure! :o

Indeed, they're clearly hypocritical Sonic haters who are brilliantly quick to glamorize every new Sonic spinoff to come out because they instantly convince themselves that it somehow returns to The Good Ol' Days in some vague or irrelevant way.

I still remember how Secret Rings was favored over Sonic06 before either game even came out. Absolute insanity.

This is why Sonic games are all spinoffs now.

But everyone said Secret Rings would be good because it's focuses about SPEED Sonic is all about SPEED, now we get Sonic Chronicles and it focuses on.. oh hell who knows what.

This game is made by a different company and the gameplay has nothing to do with Sonic, but yes, it's the best Sonic game ever based on a handful of screenshots.

Thank God.

Everything looks innocent enough that I'd pick up the game whenever it comes out.

yea, at least it's innocent. great

Anyway, I do appreciate that they are fans of Big the Cat and they want to improve his character.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile

PEACE HAS RETURNED TO MOVIELAND
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:41:18 am by SkyLights »

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile

PEACE HAS RETURNED TO MOVIELAND

Best post ever.  Complete with old Captain Blue
Hi

Offline Telnaior

So much for egg getting to 1000 posts >_> :twisted: :P
* JDGA shot for using too many smileys, including 1 that doesn't exist on this forum
In the meantime, I'm almost on 100 :)
* JDGA shot again :( <blam>

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
I CALL DELETE HIS POSTCOUNT :O

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
epic post SL...but damn old Captain Blue and his protruding gut :/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:57:01 am by Shadow Jacky »
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Crowbar

It's funny, the more retarded TSC gets the more I enjoy it.

Best thread evar.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Let's try to get this back on topic. Alright, we have seven confirmed characters. Any ideas on who might be the last four. My money's on Espio for sure, maybe the other Chaotix (as long as Vector's not still trying to FIND DA COMPUTA ROOM!!!!!!), and possibly either Blaze, Silver, or some new character. As long as there are no references to Archie comics, then I'm happy.

We know the story mentioned something involving 2 years after some victory. This most likely means some form of time skip in the series, with Sonic being 17, Tails being 10, etc. Hopefully they'll explain what happened within those two years.

I'm going to be bold and make a crazy prediction. This game will have voice acting. I have two reasons for beliving so. 1. The DS has proven itself capable of having games with full voice overs as seen with the Japanese version of Mega Man ZX  and both versions of ZX Advent having full VO for most of the important story related dialogue. 2. Bioware's past history is full of terrific voice acting. What's stopping them from trying to do the same with a DS game. This brings up the issue of how much control Bioware has over this game. Will they hire their own voice actors or are they restricted to 4kids?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Crowbar

I've read that since Sonic X has finished, there's no longer any compulsion to use the 4Kids actors. Of course, it's not like the previous cast has been reinstated for any recent games (most recent example: Griffith voicing Sonic in Brawl). But with Bioware we'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath for different actors, but maybe they'll direct them better.

For some reason everybody (read: 4chan users) seems to keep saying they want Archie characters in this. I don't know why the hell they expect it, frankly.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:21:28 pm by Crowbar »

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
The Archie fans are what we can best describe as the "idiot fanbase". Archie is just horrible. Anyway, here's my pick for ideal VO along with earlier roles, assuming the SLIGHT chance of new actors. My philosophy is to have a VO that fits the character's personality. Most of these VA come from either the Disgaea series or the Tales series, two series of RPGs that typically get good marks from critics in the VO department (applies more to Disgaea, which is praised for terrific voice acting).

1. Sonic: Yuri Lowenthal. Sasuke, Luke Von Fabre, Prince of Persia (1 and 3), Adell?. The last one is unknown since opinions are divided between three possible candidates. The majority opinion (not on imdb) of the Disgaea community on one of the great unsolved mysteries of the game is that Yuri is Adell's VA. When you think about it, Adell shares many of Sonic's personality traits (hot tempered, cocky/sarcastic, strong sense of justice, fighting style that emphasizes speed and mobility, cheerful demeanor, disdain for weapons, refuses to fight dirty no matter what) thus is perfect for an older Sonic.
2. Tails: Collen O'Shaugnessy. Genis Sage (once again similar character type).
3. Knuckles. Crispin Freeman. Overlord Zetta (Makai Kingdom version), Regal Bryant, Mathias, Itachi. Knuckles needs a real tough sounding voice. Steve Blum is also a good fit.
4. Amy: Kate Higgins. Arietta the Wild, Sakura
5. Shadow: David Humphrey.
6. Rouge: Michelle Ruff (Etna, for a more sarcastic, acid tongued Rouge) or Wendee Lee (Rozalyn, for a more manipulative, pompous Rouge).
7. Cream: Sandy Fox (Flonne, Marona) or Tara Strong.
8. Espio: Crispin Freeman or Steve Blum.
9. Charmy: Stephanie Sheh. Hanako, Princess Natallia, Hinata.
10. Dr. Eggman: Since I doubt it will be possible to get Mike Pollack without 4kids, my pick would be Michael McConnohie. Captain Gordon, Van Grants. Capable of doing both comical and serious characters.
11. Blaze: Kari Walgreen (Raine Sage) or Heather Halley (Tear Grants).
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Print

Hits: 211 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.