don't click here

Sonic CD differences?

Print

Author Topic: Sonic CD differences?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline P.P.A.

Sonic CD differences?
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:48:15 pm »
I was playing on an emulator to test something, when I noticed that the Peel-Out is charged faster. And you go faster upon collecting speed shoes. Is that just me, or is that really a difference between Gems and MCD version?

Also on Gamecube, the bee robots in Tidal Tempest don't fly up and down. And you cannot run on top of MM2 like Sprint does in his video.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic CD differences?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:52 pm »
Okay, here's what I know in terms of differences between versions:

The PC (and therefore Gems) versions have several glitches patched. Running over the tops of levels is pretty much gone, although the thru-the-wall trick used in MM2 is still there. A spring in MM2 Past has been moved up a few pixels in the PC and Gems games, allowing MM2 Past to be a completable level (somehow, the word of the incompleteable level spread from the Mega CD game when it shouldn't have). The Japanese Mega CD version, Japanese Gems version, and PC version with an edited .ini and a custom soundtrack support the Japanese songs; all other versions have the American songs. The robots you noticed might be a difference between time periods, because I don't think any object behaviors were changed (this is Sonic Team, you really think'd they'd take the time to change things for a second release?). The speed shoe and peel out differences are likely because the emulator's running at a different speed than you're used to; again, I can't imagine that being changed.

If anybody begs to differ, PLEASE correct me so that I can TA any altered versions.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:01:20 pm »
Okay, thanks.

Although the bees really do behave differently. The same robots fly straight in the PC/Cube version where they go up and down in the MCD version.

Unrelated:
although the thru-the-wall trick used in MM2 is still there.
Tell me moar please. I need to knwo how to do that one. >_>;
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:57:49 pm by P.P.A. »
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:52 pm »
^You just jump thru the black square above the one-way door that only opens from the right. You've gotta hit it at exactly the right angle.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 342 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 995.98 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.