don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Megamix  (Read 204858 times)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Sonic 1 Megamix
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 08:10:05 pm »
I've completed the TAS.  However, I've yet to upload it.  I'll upload it when I get the time.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 06:26:51 pm »
MEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:)
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 06:41:34 pm »
Methinks that Megamix will come out around the end of June, so that it can assrape the Sonic 2 Beta Forum Hacking Contest. Let an individual win that thing, Team Megamix... it's not like the prize seems huge when you split it amongst the team anyway <_< (yes, I'm aware the hack isn't just about the contest, but still, thought I'd mention it).
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 12:17:05 pm »
Maybe a weird idea, and too late. But did you ever think about replacing Shadow with Metal Sonic? He'd suit the theme a bit better than newbie Mr. Gunemo.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eredani

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 05:07:53 pm »
Maybe a weird idea, and too late. But did you ever think about replacing Shadow with Metal Sonic? He'd suit the theme a bit better than newbie Mr. Gunemo.
...How can that suit the game's theme better if it's weird?

So you're suggesting that a robotic copy of Sonic that always get trashed fits this game better than Shadow, who actually has his own abilities and a distinct character? There is no reason to have that mechanical look-alike in the game when you have the real Sonic to play as, and Shadow is a perfectly good alternative character. Also Metal Sonic sprites would be hard to make and look bad, because Metal Sonic's lifeless robotic frame doesn't fit the game nearly as well as Sonic or Shadow do.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2007, 04:59:00 am »
Shadow is also just a copy of Sonic. Not even a robotic one, just a recolor with a different haircut. >_>
Also you could just use the sprites from Sonic CD for him. And it would be a nice possibility to play as one of the bad guys. No, Shadow isn't bad. He's a whiny emo.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 09:06:44 am »
Shadow was never a "true" bad guy anyway.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2007, 03:28:15 pm »
Shadow is also just a copy of Sonic. Not even a robotic one, just a recolor with a different haircut. >_>
Also you could just use the sprites from Sonic CD for him. And it would be a nice possibility to play as one of the bad guys. No, Shadow isn't bad. He's a whiny emo.

<_<
>_>

Actual Paying attention to story please skip if you don't want to read.

Shadow was created on the ark 50 (at least I think it was 50) years ago before Sonic was even born or even known about. Shadow=/=Copy of Sonic. He's also not emo because he spent the first game trying to destroy the world, 2nd trying to remember who he was, 3rd same as the second one except a little more... corny, 4th he was trying to save the world. No proof he's emo.

Stuffz over.

Besides the characters have already been decided so for you I have this to say, "Nothing's perfect." [Except yours truly <_<]

P.S. Quit reading those fanfictions PPA, they're messing with your head. <_<
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 03:46:30 pm »
He meant a copy in terms of design, not storyline.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 03:50:29 pm »

<_<
>_>

Actual Paying attention to story please skip if you don't want to read.

Shadow was created on the ark 50 (at least I think it was 50) years ago before Sonic was even born or even known about. Shadow=/=Copy of Sonic. He's also not emo because he spent the first game trying to destroy the world, 2nd trying to remember who he was, 3rd same as the second one except a little more... corny, 4th he was trying to save the world. No proof he's emo.

Stuffz over.

Besides the characters have already been decided so for you I have this to say, "Nothing's perfect." [Except yours truly <_<]

P.S. Quit reading those fanfictions PPA, they're messing with your head. <_<
I don't read ANY fanfics. >_>
Also he wasn't emo in SA2, but he began to act like one in ShtH. "BOOHOO I DON'T KNOW ABOUT MY PAST WHAT ARE ALL THOSE MEMORIES WHY DO I HAVE MEMORIES IF I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PAST WHY AM I TALKING TO MYSELF"
Also by copy I meant the design. Shadow IS just a recolour of Sonic with different haircut.

EDIT: Also watch these, they sum up the game pretty good:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/350460
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/372986

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2007, 03:55:13 pm »
By your reasoning the same could be applied to Metal Sonic.

I don't wanna debate this so I'll just leave it as what you want and think.

Anywho, I need to progress farther into the game. The first three zones ain't cutting it. <_<
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2007, 04:00:58 pm »
(Couldn't be bothered to play Heroes that far.)

I want to play Misty Maze with the background!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:27:59 pm by P.P.A. »

Offline eredani

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 05:07:35 pm »
Shadow is far from being just a copy, which Metal Sonic is. Shadow is a different character from Sonic and have his own personality and unique abilities, while Metal Sonic is by definition a lifeless imitation of Sonic that is always scrapped by the true thing in mere moments.

The fact that Shadow also happen to be a hedgehog doesn't automatically make him a copy either, and it doesn't prevent his character from being very different from Sonic's. Shadow actually have his own features and abilities, and even if they are of the same species the ultimate life-form is still very distinct from Sonic. It's utterly pointless to complain about Shadow being a hedgehog, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Shadow doesn't have an "emo" personality at all, and he never whines about anything as opposed to yourself. Shadow is a collected and strong character, which doesn't really fit the description of being whiny... In fact, irrational haters like you are much more whiny about Shadow than he ever could be. And how does that even matter for Megamix when Shadow clearly doesn't talk in the game? Your argument against Shadow being in Megamix lacks any merit whatsoever, and your awful suggestion to replace him with a worse character is downright pointless. Shadow was put into Megamix solely for gameplay and aesthetical purposes and not story, which makes your attacks on his personality completely irrelevant (nevermind that Shadow actually is a good character), and Metal Sonic does in fact have worse ability and appearance than both hedgehogs do.

There's no reason for Shadow to not be in Megamix, and Metal Sonic would certainly look worse than Shadow in-game. Did I mention that Metal Sonic doesn't suit Megamix's theme at all? You say that they could use his sprites from Sonic CD, yet he doesn't even have a jump or spindash in that game, he just flies above the ground and that's all. And since when can that robot double-jump and homing attack like Shadow do in this game? Metal Sonic just doesn't work as a playable character in 2D Sonic games.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 05:46:14 am »
Good points. You win, I guess. But...
Shadow a strong character? In his game, he was manipulated by almost everyone in some storylines. He believed the story that he was an Eggman robot, helped Black Doom make stupid things, then turned against him after hearing the message of Prof. Gerald Robotnik... (If you mean strong by power, then ignore this part.)
And I never claimed Shadow to be Sonic's copy character-wise. I just said he doesn't look very different from him, actually he looks like a slightly edited recolour. Sonic Team = lazy.

Otherwise okay, Metal Sonic was a not well-thought idea of mine. Sorry. It's just that since ShtH, seeing Shadow feels kinda bad. (Except for Aoi's manga.)

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 05:29:18 pm »
Okay, so there haven't been any updates in a while. So here's a new video!

Fast Shadow is faaaaaaaaaast.
Emeralds:

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 06:29:13 pm »
Fanfiction...
* Waxwings sniff air hopefully
* Waxwings mobbed

Still, Shadow is overpowered, and that's my main plight with him.

And wasn't this topic about S1MM?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 07:16:49 pm »
I take it the idea of Shadow as explorer's been scrapped then?

That does look cool. I wonder if the camera should be made better able to keep up, though, if he's going to be able to move THAT fast, especially since he was actually just going straight through rings, as they were off-screen as he passed them.

Where's the Super music from?

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2007, 07:27:47 pm »
Shadow still is the explorer type guy, but in his Super form, he's a speedy badass dude.

Super music is from Columns 3. That game has a lot of good music. =P
Emeralds:

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2007, 10:09:54 am »
He is? I didn't see him doing any double-jump action before turning super. Guess it was just omitted from that particular video or something.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 10:14:04 am »
He did a couple heh, there were some around the sections with the 4 rotating platforms
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2007, 10:37:52 am »
Whoops I'm a dumbass.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2007, 10:37:20 pm »
damn...columns 3 music sounds different from part 1.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 07:52:09 am »
Love it. Although, just like modern 3D Sonics, I found a way to fall through the floor X) In the first act somewhere. lolz.

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed musically. When I read, "Different music for each act!", and that the team has two Music staff (albeit, each also doing Programming amongst other things too), I was expecting original tracks... or perhaps remixed music, which I also found implied in 'megamix'. But the actual thing has entirely different tracks for each act? =/ And watching that YouTube vid with Super Shadow, there's a fair bit of Gunstar music :P

I dunno. It just seems to me that if you're basing a Sonic ROM hack on rearranging the levels, etc, then the music should also be rearrangements. The use of Smooth Criminal as backing music is like having Sonic run through a level of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

Then again, it could be that you're saving doing the actual soundtrack for a later date, in which case ignore EVERYTHING I just said. X)

I only played it just now for a few minutes, and I don't really have any criticisms besides that. I know I probably look quite harsh and perhaps idiotic, criticising what is quite an epic work of ROM hacking. To compensate: it's awesome keep it up. :)

ps. Misty Maze Zone is BEAUTIFUL.

Seriously, this game > Advance series. Sonic Team suck. XD
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 07:58:06 am by CosmicFalcon »
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 05:27:42 pm »
Hey I have an idea why wont you guys try helping out sonic team?XD
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »
Sorry, I don't like working with talentless faggots.
Emeralds:

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 05:05:03 pm »

shit, you made me choke when I read that.

I like the way the music is...you know your playing sonic, but hearing other genesis songs while going through the stages makes it so different and refreshing.

I mean to me, it'll make some stages less troublesome.  If you want remade music, there's tons of sites. (cause sonicteam hardly does it anymore and when they did it was crap). 

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2007, 01:03:58 am »

shit, you made me choke when I read that.

I like the way the music is...you know your playing sonic, but hearing other genesis songs while going through the stages makes it so different and refreshing.

I mean to me, it'll make some stages less troublesome.  If you want remade music, there's tons of sites. (cause sonicteam hardly does it anymore and when they did it was crap). 

I wish those guys could see  this so that they could see how bad they've been doing.

BRING BACK TEH 2Ds!!!!!!!
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 12:05:24 pm »
Right, the next release is ready!

Some highlights from version 3.0:

- All level layouts edited (some complete; others pending)
- Each character now has a unique set of moves (though Sonic and Shadow share homing attack)
- Most levels (not all) have a small intro, ala S3K, where they perform some sort of action when starting the level. i.e, running in from the left.
- Shitload of music edits
- There is now a "preferences" screen, where you can customize certain aspects of the game (suggestions are welcome)
- Cheat codes have been changed - figuring them out will grant you access to a new, special level select (which is a bit buggy - just don't hit left/right on zone selections =P)
- "Original Mode" allows you to play the original levels from Sonic the Hedgehog, using all of the additions from Sonic Megamix (such as bugfixes, moves, preferences, etc). There is also a seperate save slot for a character's original mode.
- Title screen demos have been edited. Credits demos have not.
- Super forms have been added.
- Elemental shields, ala S3K, have been added.
- Credits have been edited; each character has a unique end pose on the ending sequence.
- Various other changes. See the Wiki page for more info.

This is, pending future changes, considered a "complete" release. Future changes are planned, but not assured. More information can be found on the Manual/Wiki page, located here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_1_Megamix

Comments and suggestions are entirely welcome. Bugfix releases are entirely possible, so if you find what could be considered a vital "bug" (and not, say, an error from using debug mode), it may be fixed in a future bugfix release (though personally I'd like to avoid making too many of these).

So, without further delay, the download link: http://www.fileden.com/files/15774/Sonic%201%20Megamix%20v3.0.zip

Enjoy!
Emeralds:

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 12:15:23 pm »
You intended to keep us waiting just to tear us up from the inside. <_<
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Tweaker

• The Original Badass.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 02:18:50 pm »
I've made a small bugfix. Please redownload if you've already grabbed it.
Emeralds:

Print

Hits: 1,379 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.