don't click here

MKDS Tournament (Go Away for a Few Months)

Print

Author Topic: MKDS Tournament (Go Away for a Few Months)  (Read 125260 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Re: MKDS Tournament (Round 5)
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2006, 03:05:17 pm »
Everyone try to get on tommorow, Friday, at 9 PM EST, ignoring daylight savings time. To the best of my knowledge, this means:

genus-9 PM
Thorn-9 PM
PsyBorg-9 PM
SDM-9 PM
RPG-4 AM (sucks to be you)
yse-9 AM

Ok so everyone try to be on then. And if you can't, we'll try again on Saturday at, say, 10 PM.

Everyone stay up late if you must, or get some sleep and set your alarm to around when you should be enetering chat, play what you need to, and sleep again.

PS sorry non-americans.

Oh and actually, everyone post the time when they are most able to play. That way, something can be worked out.

Myself-any time that's not 7 PM EST, although since I'm moving on Sunday, I might not be on as much.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2006, 03:25:16 pm »
4AM you must be joking.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2006, 03:54:40 pm »
^Hey, it's you that had no charger or just wasn't in the mood when we were ready in chat.  It works both ways :)

Take a nap or drink coffee or something.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2006, 04:49:55 pm »
If I take a nap thats it, slumberland for 12 hours <_<

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2006, 11:25:37 pm »
genus, you fail. 9PM Eastern is 7AM for me, and thus 2AM for RPG.

And there's no way I'm waking up at 7am on a Saturday.

<3 Thorn.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2006, 11:01:12 pm »
THE MATCH HAS FINALLY BEEN DONE!!!!!!

pwnage 4-0 me and mike win. Stages picked were SNES Mario Circuit (by me), Rainbow Road (mike/yse), Sky Garden (RPG), and Choco Mountain (SDM). Our plan didn't exactly work in SG, but we won anyway due to nice thunderbolt timing and awesome snaking. Good job, mikey.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2006, 09:28:37 am »
I take it I held everyone up last night when I fell asleep. Sorry.

How about the same time tonight? My computer may not be here (I'm not sure on this), but I'll have my DS in hand.  Should everyone be ready for the match, have one player search once, stop, then search again. Otherwhise, I will assume that someone is playing someone else for fun.

And Thorn, remember our plan. This will work best for banishing RPG and SDM into losing.

...Actually, I think they're statistically eliminated if we win even 2 matches.

Meh.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »
^They're gone if they lose even ONE match.  They need four wins straight so that we only have three total.

Also yeah, everyone did show last night, weird.  A sign of the Rapture, methinks.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2006, 03:29:59 pm »
Congrats guys!

I've been thinking, actually, when my dad comes around to getting my sister a DS, should I get MKDS or Sonic Rush? I wanna play both badly but can't decide which I should get...
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2006, 03:32:02 pm »
Get them both.  Each of them are very good games.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2006, 03:50:42 pm »
Get them both.  Each of them are very good games.

As much as I'd love to, considering I'm getting the Wii as well and I'll be focusing on that more, I'd probably only get one. In that case, which one do you guys think is "better" and why? I'm also trying to factor in competition purposes and even the MKDS tournament..
Wiiloveit

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2006, 05:10:13 pm »
Same time tonight everyone? Oh and on to stefan's question now I suppose.

I warn you, this is my opinion. As such, ignore it.

Buy MKDS.

Both are good games, but MKDS offers more. Sonic Rush needs more online and more replay value. Though mind you it is fun for a very good while.

Oh and Thorn's right. Which means it's time for...the...score. Yeah.

The Score (checkitoutcheckitoutcheckitoutcheckitout)

PsyBorg, yse-15
Genus, Thorn-9 (4 courses left, max score 21)
RPG, SDM-0 (4 courses left, max score 12)

Oh and hey, there's this dohicky:

Total Points
genus-90
Groudon-87
PsyBorg-81
Thorn-78
Mike-45
RPG-21
SDM-Nothing! Stupid.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2006, 05:11:09 pm »
So what does this mean for me?  Will I do any more ranked racing?

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2006, 10:04:27 pm »
Ok, I'm just now realising something. Could someone from last night's match (PsyBorg, yse, Thorn, or SDM) tell me what courses were played?

Frappe Snowland-RPG, SDM (in a last minute shocking win)
Choco Mountain-genus, Thorn
Baby Park-genus, Thorn
Figure 8-genus, Thorn

3-1 genus, Thorn

Good Games.

And now it's time for:

The Score (Nanana, nanana, hey hey hey...)
genus, Thorn-18
PsyBorg, yse-15
RPG, SDM-3

Total Score
genus-99
Groudon-87
PsyBorg-81
Thorn-87
Mike-45
RPG-24*
SDM-5*

*A strike means that that player is eliminated.

That's right. We've eliminated our first two players. They won't be coming back. These zombies have had their hearts and brains rips ripped out, they've been shot with silver bullets, driven with stakes, shown their reflection, and everything else. As inferi, they were failures. They were probably the first zombies to be killed in the zombie movie or game. You didn't deserve to be killed by Ed with an ashtray, cads.

Well here it is. Round...6 is it? It's really winding down. Eventually, I will exert no more control over you. I will have failed my Machiavellian destiny. So here's the deal with round 6 and my awful tyranny. Man, I am a Tyrant.

You're facing your teammate. Your former brother in arms. Remember in every war movie ever, they have the token deserter character and the inevitable confrontation? Well in most war movies (the good ones, Saving Private Ryan is an exception, though maybe not because of Steamboat Willie), someone gets killed in that confrontation, and ethics are questioned.

This is the confrontation. It's eight levels (each player picks 4 courses, no courses may be played twice) and all the standard rules apply. Except one. Which I'll get to later.

This makes it:

genus (the Tyrant) vs. Thorn (the Tyrant's former #2)
PsyBorg (the Tyrant's midranking member) vs. yse (the Tyrant's underling who wants out)

...and the surprise match...

Groudon (the Tyrant's warlord) vs. SDM (the Tyrant's advisor)

...just kidding.

In reality, Groudon can sit back and laugh at us as we all struggle to face him. I briefly thought about everyone having to face groudon and the losers being eliminated...but that's lame you know? Yeah it's an all out friend brawl. Your friends who aren't anymore because they have defied the Tyrant.

Like I was saying, there is one more rule which I, as a Tyrant, need to inform you, the Tyrant's mob, of. Highlight the following text and paste it somewhere to reveal its contents: snaking is required.

You know, we are all reptilian Tyrants in a way. So may the best Tyrant win.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2006, 10:11:21 pm »
Ok, I'm just now realising something. Could someone from last night's match (PsyBorg, yse, Thorn, or SDM) tell me what courses were played?

pwnage 4-0 me and mike win. Stages picked were SNES Mario Circuit (by me), Rainbow Road (mike/yse), Sky Garden (RPG), and Choco Mountain (SDM).

Fucking idiot.

Also, good luck for when we fight, genus/thorn. >.>
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2006, 10:21:55 pm »
Man, I am a Tyrant.

You're facing your teammate. Your former brother in arms. Remember in every war movie ever, they have the token deserter character and the inevitable confrontation? Well in most war movies (the good ones, Saving Private Ryan is an exception, though maybe not because of Steamboat Willie), someone gets killed in that confrontation, and ethics are questioned.

This is the confrontation. It's eight levels (each player picks 4 courses, no courses may be played twice) and all the standard rules apply. Except one. Which I'll get to later.

This makes it:

PsyBorg (the Tyrant's midranking member) vs. yse (the Tyrant's underling who wants out)

...just kidding.

In reality, Groudon can sit back and laugh at us as we all struggle to face him. I briefly thought about everyone having to face groudon and the losers being eliminated...but that's lame you know? Yeah it's an all out friend brawl. Your friends who aren't anymore because they have defied the Tyrant.

Like I was saying, there is one more rule which I, as a Tyrant, need to inform you, the Tyrant's mob, of. Highlight the following text and paste it somewhere to reveal its contents: snaking is required.

After you mentioned the line this quote starts at, the entire thing got extremely confusing.  Tell me this in terms that are much less confusing.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2006, 07:36:06 pm »
Man, I am a Tyrant.

This makes it:

...just kidding.

After you mentioned the line this quote starts at, the entire thing got extremely confusing.  Tell me this in terms that are much less confusing.

I think I've made some sense of it but don't criticize me for it if I'm wrong... or even if I'm right. :P

He's comparing the fact that you're all going to be facing the people you've worked alongside you've helped to get through the tournament up till this point. He's saying how, now, the same person that helped you, is the one you'll have to be pitted against.

He's also assigning names to all of you, again, comparing eahc of you in relation to himself... I believe.

But the whole mob thing I don't get either... :P

He's also saying,in effect, that you're good at the MKDS tournament and he can picture everyone just losing easily and that wouldn't be much fun (reminds me of something else...).

In a few word, he's saying every participant for himself; no holds barred, as Espio would say, and whether or not you're friends with the guy you're facing, show no mercy. That's how I've interpreted it... as much sense as I could, anyway.
Wiiloveit

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
Re: MKDS Tournament (Round 6)
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2006, 07:36:56 pm »
Well, my tournament's over.

Rainbow Road - 1-0 Psy
Wario Stadium - 2-0 Psy
Luigi's Mansion - 3-0 Psy
Baby Park - 4-0 Psy

That's right, he won on all my selections!

SNES MC1 - 4-1 Psy
Delfino Square - 5-1 Psy
GCN Yoshi Circuit - 6-1 Psy
GBA Sky Garden - 6-2 Psy

GG to Psy and everyone I've faced in the tournament.

<3 Thorn.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2006, 07:44:27 pm »
As I thought would happen (no offense), I won, but with a bit of bad luck on two stages. Mike played well, nevertheless.

Mike's stages:

Rainbow Road: (Me) I liked this one, mainly because Mike fell into a trap. Before the last loop, I had a leaderbomb and I was in front. He was slightly behind me. I braked, and he went onto the loop. I fired, and he fell off course, thus causing him to lose the match regardless of how many times he BS'd and RS'd me after.

Wario Stadium: (Me) Nothing to note here.

Luigi's Mansion: (Me) Also nothing to note here, except I screwed up and hit the trees a few times. Despite this, Mike never caught up to me when I went ahead of him.

Baby Park: (Finally, it's not... Mike!) Nothing to note here either. I won despite a bit of bad luck at one point.

My stages:

Snes Mario Circuit: (Once again... oh wait, it's Mike.) Sadly, I had the perfect winning strat until Mike laid a perfectly unexpected fake box on the ground, screwing me over. Good shot, boy, you sure screwed me up.

Delfino City: (The glorious ME ME ME!) This was scary as shit. I was about to have my leaderbomb stolen in lap 2 as I went in the muddy alley in first place, with Mike quite a bit behind. However... the boo just... stood there and did nothing. Then it ran away. It was freaky. Second, Mike directly ran himself into the boxes near the alley like an idiot. Afterwards, he tripped over the box I laid in lap one nearby that area to prevent him from entering the alley fast. Meh, I can't blame him, though, we all mess up sometimes. Still, that boo thing was freaky.

Yoshi Circuit: (Meh, it was ME!) We both played horribly, but I ended up winning regardless. We both messed up our miniturbo shortcuts once, and we hit offroad and items like idiots, so its unexcusable nevertheless. On a side note, we did this out of order, as I was going to do Sky Garden before Yoshi Circuit, as was mentioned in the chat, but we were both freaked out by Delfino City.

Sky Garden: (Meh, it was MIKE!) Mike cleverly evaded what would have been a well-timed Red Shell, and minimized the effects of the shell. He somehow gained a lead over me with a leaderbomb in his hand, and I was only able to get past him near the end, where he BS'd me. Lesson: Never charge forth like and idiot. Do it near the end of the stage.

Good game anyway, Mike. Genus/Thorn, I await your match.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2006, 07:50:23 pm »
I can't wait for the reuslts, either. Good games guys. Hope my Riders tournament will turn out as asmuing and fun as this one was... If I ever get MKDS, wonder if you'd restart the Tournament :P
Wiiloveit

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2006, 05:09:06 pm »
genus vs. Thorn

Set 1
Desert Hills:genus
Wario Stadium:Thorn
Frappe Snowland:genus
Peach Circuit:Thorn

Set 2

Mario Circuit:Thorn
MooMoo Farm:Thorn
Choco Mountain:Thorn
Yoshi Circuit:Thorn

6-2 Thorn

Good games.

Yeah, that's right. Mike and I have been eliminated this round. As far as the tournament is concerned, Mike wasn't important. I was. I organised it. I could probably ruin everyone's fun by reinserting myself into the tournament with some sham of a rule. But yeah, I won't do that. I'll just get to do something highly spiteful...

Total Score
Thorn-105
genus-99
PsyBorg-99
Groudon-87
Mike-51
RPG-24
SDM-5

For round 7,his leaves us with the matchup of:

Psyborg (!@%#&$*) vs. Thorn(!@%#&$*x10) vs...Groudon

The same rules as last time apply. Wait...no they don't.

They don't at all!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

but also...

D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

...Spent all that time on Sky Garden for nothing.

Anyways, here is how this round is different from last: everyone eliminated chooses the levels. 4 per person, to be exact, with each person's nominations to be played as a set. It's a gauntlet of sorts, really. 16 levels. Wow.

So that means everyone other than Psy, Thorn, and groudon needs to give them levels to play. You are of course:

RPG-Eliminated before he even began. Seriously. It's a racer, not an RPG. Get with the program.
SDM-Eliminated after he even began, but technically before too...
yse-no.
genus-Crash and burn under pressure. But I mean totally understandable. And it's not as though playing conditions were ideal either. I mean, propped up against a cardboard box next to a radiator with sweaty hands? It's a wonder that I didn't make any excuses, too.

So anyways, here is a nifty template everyone else needs to copy when posting their courses. Psy, Thorn, and groudon will play the courses in the order they appear on the template.

Nifty Template
RPG:
SDM:
Mike:
genus:Yoshi Falls, Desert Hills, Frappe Snowland, Baby Park

Did I mention that you can brake/reverse now? You can. Oh, and it's definitely, 100% not a Tyrant match. Free pick.

Plus, Groudon will be playing as well, and I neglected to explain this part earlier. Whoever has the least ammount of points (not total) in the round is eliminated. A first place finish in a course is worth 3 points, a second place finish in a course is worth 1 point, and a last place finish in a course is worth no points.

Good luck all, and may the chaos begin.

Someone is bound to mention it. I said groudon wouldn't be playing until the "very end"; however, when you think about it, that is a relative term. This tournament is, indeed, winding down; it could be over in days. Since when does someone use "the very end" to describe the actual end, but not the beggining of that end? Never.

I said groudon would face the winner of the first bracket; and he is indeed. It's a 3 player, and one player will be eliminated. The player in second is considered the winner of the second bracket, as they would have been eliminated if I made no sense whatsoever. If groudon comes in seconds, he is facing his inner mkds demons against whoever comes in first. Those demons are indeed part of himself. So if he wins, he's facing himself, the winner of that second bracket?

Confused? Good.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: MKDS Tournament (limbo)
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2006, 05:21:06 pm »
This time, only the last full paragraph confused me, but I kinda get it.
Anyway, I'm up for a good race against people who don't cheat (*coughHCCcough*), but I gotta find where I put the game.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2006, 08:09:16 pm »
NIFTY TEMPLATE.

RPG:
SDM:
Mike: Luigi's Mansion, Wario Stadium, GCN Luigi, GCN Yoshi

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2006, 09:05:51 pm »
NIFTY TEMPLATE VER 3.

RPG: Sky Garden, Choco Island 2, Rainbow Road, N64 Choco Mountain
SDM:

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2006, 09:21:34 pm »
You just had to pick that course, didn't you?

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2006, 09:30:25 pm »
NIFTY TEMPLATE 5000. :o

RPG: Sky Garden, Choco Island 2, Rainbow Road, N64 Choco Mountain
SDM: N64 Moo-Moo Farm, SNES Mario Circuit 1, GBA Peach Circuit, Mario Circuit.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
Re: MKDS Tournament (Round 8)
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2006, 03:56:48 pm »
1st half

groudon-psyborg-me
SG: 3-1-0
CI2:3-1-0
RR:0-1-3
CM:1-3-0
-----
MMF:0-3-1
MC1:0-3-1
PC:3-1-0
MC:3-0-1

---------------
Total 13-13-6
---------------

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2006, 03:54:14 pm »
Genus, you picked stages you knew I'd fail at, and what'd you get? :(

Mike's stages were surprisingly favorable to me. Although Yoshi Circuit was displayed as a win on my end, Thorn somehow won.

Well, I've assumed I've lost because of how much I sucked shit during Genus' stages, so good game guys.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2006, 04:03:46 pm »
^I really hope you don't think that I kept score.  A few lag losses threw my point totals for a loop.  And as soon as I got BS'd in Yoshi Circuit and fell to 3rd at the goal line, I stopped counting as it was clinched.

Also, with what is likely my last breath in this topic, I call that any similar tourneys should have biological warfare banned.  I think I was injected with Groudon's bad item virus, blue shells right next to five different goal lines ftl.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2006, 04:16:00 pm »
I think mike's tracks went me-psy-psy-me, unless I remembered incorrectly.  Thorn finished last on them each IIRC.
genus's tracks were not the best for anyone.  Thorn won YF and Psy took 2nd.  Desert Hills, I got a humongous lead when Psy and Thorn drove into the sand on the last turn on lap 1 for too long.  Thorn took 2nd that time.  On FS, I think I took 1st and Psy took 2nd, but I might be wrong.  BP... Thanks to a lucky blue shell I got on the last lap, I took 1st.  Unfortunately, I don't remember which of the other 2 took 2nd.

Until everything is cleared up, don't tally up the final points as of yet.

Print

Hits: 518 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.