Bam. First post nuked in favor of rules.
1) Snaking is allowed. Not snaking is also allowed.
2) Braking/using reverse near an item box is not allowed. In addition, 'A' must be held at all times, unless backing away from a wall.
3) PRB is not allowed. In other words, if your opponent is snaking offroad without a loss of speed, say something.
4) In the event that you are shown finishing first, or you tie with someone else, whoever is awarded 10 points for the win is granted the win for that match. Why? Lag.
5) Preset courses must be selected. Each round will have its own courses that must be chosen. If, for whatever reason, a course not meant to be selected is and is played (simply selecting, say, Figure 8 and not having it chosen will not matter), then whoever selected that course is given a loss for that track, regardless of the results. It sounds Draconian, but come on. It's necessary. Who wants to face someone only selecting a few courses they're good at?
6) Both players must agree, via chat or forum pm, that the set will be ranked in the tournament. The results of an undeclared set should not be reported.
7) Sets will be played "Round Robin" style. This means that everyone will try to play everyone else once. When posting the results in this topic, include who you faced, how many sets were played (only matters in the event of a double or triple draw), and the results of each set (either 2-2 all, 3-1 someone, or 4-0 someone). After everyone plays everyone else, or a week expires, a scoring system will be used to determine place based on each course (3 points for a win 0 points for a loss). For now, the bottom player will be dropped from each round or, in the event of a tie, a sudden death match consisting of 2 Figure 8's and 2 RR's will be played, the loser not advancing to the next round.
In the event of special rules for a round, follow the given instructions. Do not begin a round until told.
Make sure everyone listed is on your friends...list. The list of players or "playas" is as follows:
1) genus: 283530-227259
2) Groudon199: 107434-689727
3) Thorn: 438149-010632
4) yse: 352266-049524
5) PsyBorg: 322184-353188
6) RPG: ?-? (damnit RPG repost your code)
7) Turbos: 201926-809098
The courses to be played, in any order, for round 1 are as follows (you can blame Spinny for this one...):
1) Yoshi Falls
2) Luigi's Mansion
3) Luigi Circuit
4) Baby Park
tommorow, play to your heart's content. now! now! strike while the iron is hot!