don't click here

Wow, First Place! ...But is something wrong?

Print

Author Topic: Wow, First Place! ...But is something wrong?  (Read 4259 times)

Offline Antoshi

Wow, First Place! ...But is something wrong?
« on: September 01, 2006, 07:35:08 pm »
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_adventure_2_b/rings/wild_canyon/mission_1

It actually has to update first. I accidentally put 176 instead of 175. Anyway, despite the 1-ring difference, it's still first place. I'm wondering how? Every other position is tied at 170. So how the heck did I get 175? Did it glitch somehow? Or am I just good at ring collecting?

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
Re: Wow, First Place! ...But is something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 07:38:10 pm »
You dug up rings, adding to your total. We only count rings in the level, and not rings dug up, which makes your 175 stat invalid.

There are only 171 rings in Wild Canyon 1 (170 on Dreamcast).
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline Antoshi

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:41:35 pm »
Huh. Well I was kind of thinking that, but I made the record so long ago. Anyway, there's no possible way to tell how many rings I collected in the level, and how many were dug up (not without doing it over anyway). But with that said, isn't it also possible that other people's Ring records for Treasure Hunt consist of rings that were also dug up?

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 07:45:45 pm »
Possibly, but I believe we've already found all the obvious cases. As for others, I don't know. I do know how many rings are in each level (I should since I hold all but 4 ring records), so if something looked suspicious I probably would have reported it a while ago.

EDIT: I should also note that if you dig up rings, you can still go and finish RAing the level, but you'll need to subtract the number of rings you dug up from what is shown on the level clear screen.
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:54:31 pm »
Digging up rings (as well as getting a Kiki to randomly throw rings in Egg Quarters) raises both your total and the out-of total.  If you can't keep track of the rings you've dug up, just be sure to note both your actual total and the adjusted out-of total (the system [Dreamcast or GameCube] that you're playing on changes the count in some cases, so have that handy too) and as long as you didn't dig up so many rings that it displays out of 999, it's possible to figure out how many rings were dug up and what your "proper" ring total should be.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 09:34:33 am »
Basically, just ring attack the level again to the best of your abilities, and figure out how many you get then by subtracting your dug up rings out.

Offline Antoshi

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 02:47:42 pm »
Well I already fixed it like right after I got the first reply in this thread, and posted a new ring count. I also made the same mistake for Dry Lagoon, but I fixed that as well. It's just cause I'm flipping through the records made on the game, which were made so long ago (At least 2 years ago), I don't remember how I got them. So yeah, fix'd.

Hooray for the ability to lock my own topics.

Print

Hits: 717 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.