don't click here

Uh... about the topic bumping...

Print

Author Topic: Uh... about the topic bumping...  (Read 8527 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Uh... about the topic bumping...
« on: May 03, 2006, 01:41:21 pm »
...are we going to do anything about it? I mean, anyone can just bump a topic with  "lol kool" that was from 2 years ago. Kinda lame if you ask me.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Re: Uh... about the topic bumping...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 06:34:56 pm »
It seems that I'm not the only one to notice the recent "thread necromancy" epidemic. *Puts on doctor's lab coat, complete with a fake walrus-like mustache.* I'm going to have to write up a prescription of painful shots, horrible tasting medicine with bad side effects, ridiculous surgeries, and horse-pills to cure the disease. *Will come up with the details soon.*
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 06:47:09 pm »
Thread Necromancy is bad :(

EDIT: 1200th recorded post :S
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 06:49:31 pm by RPGnutter »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:55:21 am »
I blame TEM.

He started the bug, damnit. Whether anybody actually saw it before Sprint killed it off is anyone's guess, but I'd say this brandondubroc character knows a fair bit of it.

As for options to deal with it, Cyberscore imposes a 30-day rule on dead topics, should this be considered as an option? I personally don't think so, because there still can be issues to be brought up regarding the topic, but they should come out within a month, dammit!

Meh, discuss.

<3 Thorn.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 02:01:20 am »
What about topics that are only worth anything twice a year?

There should be no hard-and-fast "any new post in a topic that's been dead for X months is automatically bad" rule.  Abusers can still be acted upon manually subject to interpretation.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:16:12 am »
What about topics that are only worth anything twice a year?

There should be no hard-and-fast "any new post in a topic that's been dead for X months is automatically bad" rule.  Abusers can still be acted upon manually subject to interpretation.

That's precisely what I was trying to get at, without really getting it right.

<3 Thorn.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 01:56:03 pm »
The general rule of thumb in most forums regarding thread necromancy (a term I picked in another forum that defines the problem we're having) is that you shouldn't bump any topic that has been inactive for more than 30 days. To resolve the issues brought up by mike and SM, an exception to the rule should be made for topics that have been stickied.
*Enters humor mode*. I as Dr. Magnum (complete with fake walrus mustache that Sonic fans should know where the joke comes from) have isolated the pathogen responsible for the tread necromancy epidemic. It is a cyber space virus under the following classification (taken from standard virology rules for classification): (Family, genus, species) Cyberviridae Necromandus virus threadius Symptoms of the disease are an irresistable urge to revive topics that are long dead, often to the annoyance of other users. The treatment is a week long regiment of painful shots and oral pills designed for horses. Infected topics are to be destroyed immediately since contact with infected topics (unless user is a mod or spaceship user) is how the disease spreads. *End humor mode*
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 03:45:42 pm »
Except that TSC is actually cool and doesn't bother with dumb rules that try to make us look all uber dictators like most other Sonic forums. Bumping is allowed, double posting is allowed (even if you just posted) and it should stay this way.

The main general rule here is and should always be to not be an idiot.

Bumping topics like brandondubroc does is stupid, because the subject has passed, nobody cares anymore, yet he still posts to say the most unimportant things.

So to solve the problem, I just suggest we contact the criminals and just tell them about the issue. Or tell them they're too young/stupid to be here. =)

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 05:17:40 pm »
The general rule of thumb in most forums regarding thread necromancy (a term I picked in another forum that defines the problem we're having) is that you shouldn't bump any topic that has been inactive for more than 30 days. To resolve the issues brought up by mike and SM, an exception to the rule should be made for topics that have been stickied.
*Enters humor mode*. I as Dr. Magnum (complete with fake walrus mustache that Sonic fans should know where the joke comes from) have isolated the pathogen responsible for the tread necromancy epidemic. It is a cyber space virus under the following classification (taken from standard virology rules for classification): (Family, genus, species) Cyberviridae Necromandus virus threadius Symptoms of the disease are an irresistable urge to revive topics that are long dead, often to the annoyance of other users. The treatment is a week long regiment of painful shots and oral pills designed for horses. Infected topics are to be destroyed immediately since contact with infected topics (unless user is a mod or spaceship user) is how the disease spreads. *End humor mode*

Serious lol.

And hear hear Effy :O
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 09:28:25 am »
I am pro that we b& dumb people what more do you want. noobs.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Print

Hits: 499 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.