don't click here

Perfect scores and rings

Print

Author Topic: Perfect scores and rings  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Perfect scores and rings
« on: March 21, 2006, 06:27:48 pm »
I recently made a 90k knux point run for EHZ1 (I think that's the right abbr.), and I was wondering if it's possible to do better.  Glide Combos are the way to rack up points outside of getting a perfect, and I'm not bad at them, but I was wondering what the max is, looking at it in a flawless sense...

From what I can tell, 95800 is a perfect score, but I could be wrong.  What are the combo-points, for example, above 5?  I know it's 100-200-500-1000-1000, but I don't know beyond there (since I don't think about it, I just do it).

Anyone have any analysis to share?

[edit] also, does anyone have the total number of rings in each stage, ignoring possibility and safety?  Et al, what it takes to get the "perfect" bonus at the end of the level?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 06:30:55 pm by Aitamen »
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Perfect scores and rings
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:45:17 pm »
I recently made a 90k knux point run for EHZ1 (I think that's the right abbr.), and I was wondering if it's possible to do better.  Glide Combos are the way to rack up points outside of getting a perfect, and I'm not bad at them, but I was wondering what the max is, looking at it in a flawless sense...

From what I can tell, 95800 is a perfect score, but I could be wrong.  What are the combo-points, for example, above 5?  I know it's 100-200-500-1000-1000, but I don't know beyond there (since I don't think about it, I just do it).

Anyone have any analysis to share?

[edit] also, does anyone have the total number of rings in each stage, ignoring possibility and safety?  Et al, what it takes to get the "perfect" bonus at the end of the level?
[snapback]10953[/snapback]
There are 296 rings in Emerald Hill 1.  To get the perfect bonus you have to get all "free" rings (ie not including those in televisions), but I can't recall off the top of my head how many of the 296 are in televisions.  Not sure about the score bonuses, but if it's anything like Sonic 1 it'll go up to 100000 next (not sure after that, I'm presuming it gets silly so people can get insane scores on Marble 2).

What really needs done is to plot enemies on a map and see where you can get the largest combos . . . maybe a project for when I've less work on.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline SadisticMystic

Perfect scores and rings
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:19:13 pm »
After 100-200-500, the next 12 enemies score 1000 each, and everything after that is worth 10000.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Perfect scores and rings
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 11:36:13 pm »
Wow... that's going to be harsh.  I was drawing up maps today, and I think I can chain 10 in EHZ1, and I was hoping that put me over the 10k mark... sadness.

Oh well, I'll work on it tonight and see if I can get any more than that... the glide trajectory and my sense of spacing are both kinda sketchy, so perhaps more ARE possible.

I'll post a map of what I manage to do, and see if anyone can improve upon it?

[edit] oh, and with the combo intervals that high, I think a perfect score is either 95800 or 96700

Improvement!  95800

there's one fish, one coconut, and one bee that might be worth an extra k, but I don't see it... and then there's the extra k for time, if you manage to do it under 5m...

theoretical perfect score - 99500

What about EHZ2?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:30:39 am by Aitamen »
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Perfect scores and rings
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:17:02 am »
double...

Does anyone have the ring count for each zone/act in S2?  Further, does anyone know how many free rings there are?  

I don't want to miss any when I'm setting up my maps ^_^

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Perfect scores and rings
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 12:46:36 am »
Any ring count which corresponds to a score of greater than 50000 (except Hill Top 2) is a known level where perfect has been attained.

Go search those ring counts out.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Perfect scores and rings
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 06:27:08 am »
AR2 has a max of 337, but it's only possible to get 335... though Shaolin or SM (can't remember) didn't get the last 4 with knux...

anyway, the last two rings are stuck in the ceiling near the end of the act... can a ruling be made against them? something?

an actual perfect cannot be obtained without glitching... can I get an honorary one?

EDIT: Topic closed at this user's request. -mike89
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 05:52:51 am by mike89 »

Print

Hits: 500 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.