don't click here

Sonic and YOU :) [or me] :(

Print

Author Topic: Sonic and YOU :) [or me] :(  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Rolken

« on: February 23, 2006, 05:46:14 am »
I came to the realization just now that my interest in console Sonic is hinging totally on Riders. I haven't been seriously wowed by a Sonic game in nearly half a decade, and though I gobble up any new information on Sonic 06, I'm more pessimistic than optimistic about it, and there's literally nothing else to look forward to on the Sonic front. It's quite unhappy.

The days of my youthful, vigorous love affair with Sonic seem long gone now... he's turned into the bad boyfriend who keeps promising to change and I say "OK honey I'll trust you" and it works until the next time he goes into a rage and BEATS me. And by golly, I'm not gonna take it much longer. If he doesn't start treating me better for real I'll leave him for Mario. I'm already having an affair with him. He knows how to treat a gamer right, with releases you can be genuinely excited about because you know they will OWN HARDCORE. The way Sonic used to.

Maybe Sonic Team should just turn everything over to AV and Dimps. They've shown they can make proper games. (freakin Billy Hatcher crap)

What do you think? Let's talk about our feelings.

edit: Note that this has no implications for TSC, as I never took more than a dabbling interest in competition to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 05:53:51 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:10 am »
I still get excited over Sonic games as soon as I hear about them, like 'omg want' o_0

I mean, I even _asked_ for Heroes for this Christmas for Christ's sake, purely so I could get all A's on a non-shitty copied Xbox disc that crashes every 15 minutes.

TAing lost its buzz for me a while back as you know, but since I got Shadow I've started to get back into it, I have no idea why, I just think Shadow is awesome, right up there with SA2:B, and I guess Im not really complaining its, possibly momentarilly, Iono yet, brought me out of 'retirement' :o
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:42 am »
Eh.

I haven't been a 'pure' or 'faithful' Sonic fan for a long time. I will buy and play most or all Sonic games, because I do tend to find some manner of enjoyment in them. But since my return to gaming after a very long break of 'real life', I kinda played all games.

See, I was brought up on Sonic at a young age, then after the Mega Drive and NES, I didn't have another system until Pokemon brought me back into gaming. As such, it was Nintendo from there... and I made a rendevouz with Sonic, unsurprisingly, on the GameCube. BAM.

I loved SA2B, only rented SADX but by that time I was already here I think. From there... well, I keep in touch with Sonic. People are always talking about him in #soniccenter, and I will always claim he is better than Mario (I was going to say I haven't played many Mario games of late, but there haven't been any besides sports-spinoffs) and I will more likely than not buy Sonic games.

To me, Sonic is more of a good friend than a bad boyfriend. The kind of good friend you can have non-consequential sex with, either between partners or when your current other half isn't living up to expectations.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:45:35 pm »
Excuse me, but what's with everyone having sexual relations with Sonic? I thought everyone was having sexual relations with Amy and Rouge. Oh well, I suppose I'm mistaken.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 02:46:05 pm »
Only good Sonic game in years is Sonic Rush.

Of course, I don't really mean that, as I did actually enjoy SA and SA2 (the latter more so, I must admit, even for its flaws), and I just plain haven't played Sonic Advance 2 or 3 (hear they're okay but 1st was so godawful I didn't bother), or Sonic Battle (hear it's average), or Shadow (rofl). Oh, or Sonic Riders. But it's basically how I feel on the matter.

Naka's making out that they're going to take a new direction for the next 3D Sonic but I'd still put money on it having pretty much the same shockingly bad, floaty, inertia-less engine they've been using since SA1.

It's a sad fact that my life is basically the way it is because of Sonic in almost every single aspect. For some reason, though, the fact that, IMO, Sonic's gone to shit lately isn't particularly distressing for me given this.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 02:46:50 pm by Crowbar »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 02:47:38 pm »
I highly suggest you get Sonic Advance 3. Not quite on par with Sonic Rush from what I've seen, but still an impressive game in it's own right.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 04:14:55 pm »
Advance 2 pwns.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 656 | Hits This Month: 11 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.