Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
woot
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 08:47:13 pm »
That's for Sonic Rush btw. Apologies for not being specific.

In commemoration, I suppose I'll write some kind of route guide for a level. :o Any requests?

Offline Crowbar

woot
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:17:48 am »
I just wanna say SkyLights you're a whore for taking my Mirage Road Act 1 record. :(

But I still got Leaf Storm 1. >:D

Offline Ben

woot
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 09:05:49 am »
Congratulations SkyLights. :)

I wouldn't mind a guide for Huge Crisis 1, it sounds like theres a few shortcuts I'm missing there.

Nice Leaf Storm 1 time Crowbar :( . Could you show some proof for it please? :)

Offline Crowbar

woot
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 10:31:45 am »
Gladly. :D Sonic, Blaze.

I should probably time attack other levels more. On that note, I personally would like a Water Palace 2 guide (as Sonic). My Blaze time is pretty good but as Sonic I'm horribly at that level. :(

Actually, general congrats to Skylights since I didn't earlier, there are so many levels where you're way ahead of everybody else.

Offline Ben

woot
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 10:50:04 am »
Thanks for showing some proof. Is your time anywhere near maxed out? It doesn't look like it to me, because you went straight from 40"00 to 39"54. :o >_>

Only "06 separates my top 5, I think I could only cut about another "10 with my current strat. :/

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1979/benb17ls139991kj.jpg

woot
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 10:58:02 am »
Congrats SkyLights!

and also no one..I MEAN NO ONE is taking my ZoneX act 2 records.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
woot
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 11:06:19 am »
Here's a Huge Crisis 1 shortcut guide for you people. :o

When you start off the act, you'll go down a 45 degree slope and hit a bunch of walls. Continuing further, you'll hit a curved slope and a rail loop underneath it. If this were a clock, jump off the slope at about 2 o'clock and you will easily skip the loop.

When you get to the crane, just jump off it when it gets high enough. After beating the enemy there, go for the top route. After hitting a random ring box, you'll get to a rail. Jump off it so you hit the ground as fast as possible.

After that, you'll get to a room fulla enemies. There's a trick to making this go faster, and amazingly, it's the spindash. Spindash on the right side of the room straight into the two GUN robots, then rush/jump into the airborne enemy. Doesn't save THAT much time, but there is a difference.

After the checkpoint, you need to go through the rail and jump off at the end so you can UP+R straight into the air duct.

Then comes the pistons. Normally, this is where after you get to this part, you're normally blocked by the pistons and utterly and completely stopped. You COULD just depend on luck and hope you run through that part with no problem, but records shouldn't depend on luck. (DAMN YOU WATER PALACE 1.) Anyway, the trick is to be in the air while approaching this part, and press R northwest of the space where the first piston would be down. You'll most likely just go over the first piston and under the second, leaving you with the simple task to jump up to the ledge and continue on.

When you get to the part with the launch pad, DONT GET ON IT. Instead, go through it manually and rush/jump near the top of the slope to hit the hoops.

After that part, after all the enemies and stuff like that, you'll come to a crane. Jump off it onto the rail, and when you automatically jump off it at the end, up+right+R at the right time and you will hit the crane. Go up and through that route. Later on, you'll get to a very large gap in the floor; jump over that and continue on to the part with the rails.

Eventually, you're going to get to a room with   five enemies. Defeat the first one as soon as it appears with a simple jump. Same goes for the next airborne enemy to the left. Then jump over there and hug the wall, because after the last two enemies appear, rush/jump to destroy all three enemies in a single bound.

After that, just rush on outta there. You'll come to another launch pad; same thing as before. Skip it. Get to the end.

For Water Palace 2, there's really only one trick to it. When you get to the part where you go left along the level only to get on a friggen slow platform to another slow platform, just get on the rail with two enemies blocking your way at the beginning of that part and hop through the ceiling while you're on the angle.

Offline Crowbar

woot
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 11:17:01 am »
Thanks for showing some proof. Is your time anywhere near maxed out? It doesn't look like it to me, because you went straight from 40"00 to 39"54. :o >_>
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1979/benb17ls139991kj.jpg
[snapback]9597[/snapback]

I don't think it's quite perfect...I can't remember precisely how the run went but I vaguely remember making maybe one little mistake. To be honest I don't know if I could be bothered to improve it any further: I'm really inconsistent, especially with one certain part. When I got this time I must've had a lucky day because I was basically playing over and over improving bit by bit (my record when I started was 40:15; my first play of that session was like 42 something) until I got under 40.

For Water Palace 2, there's really only one trick to it. When you get to the part where you go left along the level only to get on a friggen slow platform to another slow platform, just get on the rail with two enemies blocking your way at the beginning of that part and hop through the ceiling while you're on the angle.
[snapback]9599[/snapback]

OH! :O You CAN do that as Sonic...I feel dumb now. Thanks!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
woot
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 12:56:14 pm »
Might as well add Huge Crisis 2 while you're at it. >_>

Seriously, I've begun not to like HC. >_>
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline DJ Koopa

woot
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 02:24:58 pm »
[snapback]9598[/snapback]
That's what you think... *evil laughter 'cause I'm too lazy to do the Muahaha. Wait, I just did it. >_>*
[img width= height=]http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Turbos[/img]

woot
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 05:06:48 pm »
That's what you think... *evil laughter 'cause I'm too lazy to do the Muahaha. Wait, I just did it. >_>*
[snapback]9661[/snapback]

nuh uh, no one is taking it at all, maybe my Blaze one, definately not the Sonic one *wags finger*

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
woot
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 05:59:34 pm »

nuh uh, no one is taking it at all, maybe my Blaze one, definately not the Sonic one *wags finger*
[snapback]9671[/snapback]

You can lose a record regardless of how good you think it is, I lost my Twinkle Circuit-Amy time a while back when I had 2:44 which I thought was virtually perfect.

Then I went and got a 2:41.

There's no such thing as a perfect time, 95% of the time that is.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
woot
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 06:46:38 pm »

[snapback]9671[/snapback]

You can lose a record regardless of how good you think it is, I lost my Twinkle Circuit-Amy time a while back when I had 2:44 which I thought was virtually perfect.

Then I went and got a 2:41.

There's no such thing as a perfect time, 95% of the time that is.
[snapback]9676[/snapback]
True. Only a machine could possibly pull off a "perfect time" in part because a well programed computer has much faster reaction times than any person could possibly achieve. This logic works best with 3D games though since a lot of the older 2D games only track minutes and seconds.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 08:25:41 pm by magnum12 »
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
woot
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 08:49:43 am »
True. Only a machine could possibly pull off a "perfect time" in part because a well programed computer has much faster reaction times than any person could possibly achieve. This logic works best with 3D games though since a lot of the older 2D games only track minutes and seconds.
[snapback]9679[/snapback]

^^I said almost on purely on the merit of Advance 2-Aero Egg-Sonic, where 5 players are tied on literal perfection, so its not _just_ machine's all the time :o
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Ben

Re: woot
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 08:23:57 pm »

Print

Hits: 659 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 1.27s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.