don't click here

name and shame

Print

Author Topic: name and shame  (Read 14473 times)

JoshiG4

name and shame
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:53:13 am »
i just looked at all the videos and i have seen that Mike89 has used an emulator on Sonic 3 Icecap zone 2 and Sadistic has used an Sonic 2 which has included the spin dash which is not the original version in the rules any version altered to include spin dash is not allowed the level select code is so what do you have to say for yourselves
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:55:38 am by JoshiG4 »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 12:02:06 pm »
i just looked at all the videos and i have seen that Mike89 has used an emulator on Sonic 3 Icecap zone 2 and Sadistic has used an Sonic 2 which has included the spin dash which is not the original version in the rules any version altered to include spin dash is not allowed the level select code is so what do you have to say for yourselves
[snapback]9190[/snapback]
It's Sonic 1 that doesn't have spindash.  Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 original versions do.

Engage brain before opening mouth please.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:15:35 pm »
nice try but you prove the other point so there
[snapback]9192[/snapback]
Um . . . what?

The rule disallowing modifications to include the spindash is for Sonic 1 only.  The games you are talking about are not Sonic 1.  Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 - the games you are talking about - have the spindash in them without modifications (ie in the original games).  Can I be any clearer about this?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 12:22:45 pm »
"Mike89 has used an emulator on Sonic 3 Icecap zone 2"

THAT BLOODY POINT
[snapback]9194[/snapback]
And where does it say you're not allowed an emulator?  You're only forbidden from abusing emulator features in emulators like save states and frame rate hacks.  In fact, quite a lot of people do their runs in emulators specifically because they can record videos (I know I do).

So kindly stfu.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 12:30:18 pm »
emulators were banned altogether.
i know someone who got caught using an emulator who is not registered here
The signature says it all
[snapback]9196[/snapback]
Emulators are not banned.  Read the rules please.

Your signature is wrong; you were given one chance, not none.

I don't like the word noob, but for you I'm prepared to make an exception because I don't think it's ever been more fitting.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 04:23:35 am »

I have this to say for myself.

YOU BLOODY MORON.

I do believe Douglas has covered every possible angle on this subject, so I won't say any more there.

emulators were banned altogether.
i know someone who got caught using an emulator who is not registered here
[snapback]9196[/snapback]

Since when does "not registered here" mean "banned"?

I'd also suggest that, given you haven't been following them anyway, that we probably know more about our rules than you do.

On a final note, this is so appropriate it's funny.

Engage brain before opening mouth please.

X)

<3 Thorn.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 07:31:43 am »
I can't possibly believe that I defended you at an extent in your other dumb topic, now you are just making a complete idiot of yourself and I regret defending you. Just go away, you're not going to make any progress with your ignorance, just go away. Have you even fucking played Sonic 2? Have you tried pressing Down and A/B/C, omg, it's a damn spindash... Emulators aren't banned. As douglas said, illegal actions are banned, such as save states with in the levels any slow down tools. Those vids are legit.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 08:47:33 am »
What I find amazing is that he actually thinks that long-time players with good reps here would be stupid enough to post vids showing them cheating.  

Also, surely they'd have been caught before now anyway?  We've enough experienced gamers here, and besides JoshiG4's detective skills are hardly up there with Sherlock Holmes, are they.

Edit:
HONDAMAN IS NOT A REPLICA OF JOSHIG4
Just to make it even more blatantly obvious.  Why would he care about someone else if it wasn't him?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:51:27 am by douglas »

name and shame
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 11:31:26 am »
wow JoshiG4, this is pathetic, I also just saw you do the almost the exact same thing at cyberscore.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 12:08:36 pm »
This is just a way of making out i'm a twat if you ask me
'Fraid you're doing it to yourself.
i'am keeping by the twisting the truth fact
You mean you lie?  OHSNAP you're banned.  Difficult train of thought to follow, isn't it.
i' am going to keep on coming here until i have my rights back even it until the day i die i leave in if you let me submit. ITS ONE SIMPLE TASK AND I EXPECT IT TO BE DONE
You have no right to post here.  It's a privately paid for website.  There is no UN task force ensuring you can post scores here.  The people that run the site decide; deal with it.

JoshiG4 for 5th n00b of the Apocalypse . . .

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 12:20:07 pm »
He followed me home, can I keep him?

How exactly am I twisting what you say?  You accuse someone else of cheating, I tell you they're not (and why).  You say emulators are banned, I say they're not.  You whinge about not being given a chance when you quite blatantly were given one; the one you got when you joined the site.  You say you're not Hondaman, so I say why would you even bother to deny it unless you were?  Where is the twisting of words here?

Offline Rolken

name and shame
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 12:33:01 pm »
There's no sense in arguing with these kinds of people.
i leave you now in peace but don't expect the last of me
[snapback]9206[/snapback]
That's where you're wrong; trouble us again and further measures will be taken.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
name and shame
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 12:34:50 pm »
twisting the truth about my rights. The only reason Hondaman came up was to prove that i was not a liar and a cheat
[snapback]9212[/snapback]
Okay, let's spell this out.

As far as this site is concerned, you have no rights.  That applies to everyone else too.

Our ability to post our times and scores is a privilege given to us by the site admins.  They are quite within their rights to ban anyone for any reason they see fit.  You don't pay for the server, so you have absolutely no say on what does and does not happen on it.  Welcome to capitalism.

You submitted false times, you've admitted it elsewhere.  This makes you a liar and a cheat.  Hondaman is irrelevant to that, and besides just because it's in your sig doesn't make it true.

Come on, it's not rocket science.

Edit: I know Rolken, it's just I'm staggered by this level of stupidity.  Maybe continued breathing is taking up all his thought process.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 12:36:01 pm by douglas »

Offline Rolken

name and shame
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 12:43:16 pm »
Yeah, I know. I've bantered with a few in my day. But after awhile, this level of stupidity isn't really all that impressive; we've had several cut of the same cloth as him here before. I have to say this guy really takes the cake tho.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
name and shame
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 01:02:22 pm »
This is just a way of making out i'm a twat if you ask me
[snapback]9205[/snapback]

(Sorry if this has already been quoted but I'm not done reading the rest of the topic past this post yet.)

You are a twat. And an ignorant and bloody stupid one at that.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 01:36:55 pm »

1:
Why are you blaming Mike89 for using an emulator when you could be blaming Mister_Shaolin, who has admitted in public that he uses an emulator. From my standpoint, I'm guessing you're taking this all out on the n00b-owning task force and not on actual people who admitted it. Besides, emulators aren't banned. You, one the other hand, are.

STRIKE ONE

2:
The Spindash first came with Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and the Running Dash (albeit a cheap speed move) first occured in Sonic Chaos. Just the argument that SM used the Spindash in Sonic 2 is both stupid and in a way retarded. Funny, if you really did know your Sonic, why did you say this of all things?

STRIKE TWO

3:

A. Capitalize your I.
B. Capitalize I every time when used as a self-description.
C. Stop with the runon sentences. What I'm guessing you meant was "which has included the spin dash, which is not the original version. In the rules...
D. WTH does the Level Select code have to do with the spindash?

They don't have to say anything for themselves, and neither do you, but that is because you are gone.

STRIKE THREE, YOU'RE OUT!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:28:08 pm by Greham Adelphis »
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 05:08:22 pm »
The Spindash first came with Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and the Running Dash (albeit a cheap speed move) first (and only) occured in Sonic Chaos.
[snapback]9220[/snapback]

Its in Sonic CD too, and, I *think*, Sonic Triple Trouble....dont hold me to that last one though X)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 09:10:55 pm »
Yeah, I know. I've bantered with a few in my day. But after awhile, this level of stupidity isn't really all that impressive; we've had several cut of the same cloth as him here before. I have to say this guy really takes the cake tho.
[snapback]9215[/snapback]

Wow, that guy's almost as bad as formarfan. X)

One more thing...

The only reason Hondaman came up was to prove that i was not a liar and a cheat
[snapback]9212[/snapback]

HONDAMAN IS NOT A REPLICA OF JOSHIG4

...wtf.

I'd also say that the fact that you were banned on Cyberscore for a similar reason would say a bit about your integrity. That gives you no right to challenge our methods.

No, wait, one more:

YOUR SITE DOES NOT HOLD EVERY WR NOW BECAUSE I BROKE IT AND IT WAS NO LIE BECUASE I VIDEOED IT SO THERE

At no point did we claim to hold all the WRs. We know well that the Japanese players have better times than us on SA2B, among others.

But of course, you can't reply to any of this. X)

EDIT: Really only one more this time...

JoshiG4 for 5th n00b of the Apocalypse . . .

Hey RPG, get your ass over here. I've got an idea for our game... :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 10:14:33 pm by mike89 »

<3 Thorn.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 12:32:18 am »
I concur with the 5th n00b of the Apocalypse thing. Wait, even better, make him the supreme Arch n00b, One Winged n00b, or some other kind of super n00b. Wow, that's the most times I've ever uttered the term n00b in one post.
Edit: Does anyone have a link to confirmed times of the Japanese players of Sonic games. I'd really like to see just how fast their times are in SA:2, SH, and ShTH.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 12:33:39 am by magnum12 »
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 03:47:22 am »
Removing all JoshiG4/Hondaman's posts from this forum.

I'll leave this topic open, however.

<3 Thorn.

Offline SuperSonic101

name and shame
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 11:46:38 am »
At no point did we claim to hold all the WRs. We know well that the Japanese players have better times than us on SA2B, among others.

Umm..you're way off there. We absolutely -rape- Japan at SA2B. Even I alone have better times than all of their best put together.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
name and shame
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 05:05:32 pm »
Hey RPG, get your ass over here. I've got an idea for our game... :D
[snapback]9231[/snapback]

Already got something planned on that front ;P but I'm all ears....in a PM :O

Offline qubit

name and shame
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 12:16:27 pm »

Umm..you're way off there. We absolutely -rape- Japan at SA2B. Even I alone have better times than all of their best put together.
[snapback]9239[/snapback]

Well, not everything... have we beaten Japan's 1:19 CC1?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline SadisticMystic

name and shame
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 12:49:21 pm »
1:19 is fake and doesn't need beating, but there's reason to believe that 1:20 is real.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
name and shame
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 10:36:32 am »
I'd like to know what the world records for SA are, unless they're just the TSC records.
(and they probably are, for every challenge in every game, except for stuff like rings in SA! :P )

What does the country have to do with it? Players from any country can win.
(but then, Canada does seem to be pretty good...)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Print

Hits: 542 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.