don't click here

Random Tech Support Topic

Print

Author Topic: Random Tech Support Topic  (Read 3074 times)

Offline SadisticMystic

« on: December 15, 2005, 03:48:58 am »
No guarantee that your problems will be solved, but at least it's a place to ask.  If something's wrong, tell us about it and someone might be able to help.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 02:56:45 pm »
My computer is running Windows.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 03:12:27 pm »
Step 1: http://distrowatch.com/
Step 2: Scroll down a bit, and on the right side you'll see a ranking list of 100 operating systems.
Step 3: Look through them and find one you like.
Step 4: Download it (usually through the link labeled "Download Mirrors" on the description page).  This will take a lot of MBs or GBs, possibly spread acrosas multiple disk images, so be prepared to wait.  Don't worry, your Windows days are numbered.
Step 5: Burn the images to CDs (or DVDs, as the case may be).
Step 6: Restart the computer with the boot CD in the drive.
Step 7: Install!  This is the fun part, as you might not know what you're doing, and I'm not going to detail all the steps here, but you have to figure it out anyway.  Oh, and you might also want to do things like "backups" or "partition resizing"...but who needs instructions for that, anyway?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 03:30:56 pm by SadisticMystic »

Print

Hits: 491 | Hits This Month: 7 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 990.43 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.