don't click here

GHZ1 Rings -- DONE

Print

Author Topic: GHZ1 Rings -- DONE  (Read 9215 times)

Offline Muzozavr

GHZ1 Rings -- DONE
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:22:33 am »
225 rings. Finally achieved that trick on the 30-ring cluster. Thank you SkyLights, for a shorter route through the rest of the level which gave me more time and more tries to do the trick.

Was ridiculously close to Time Over, one reason being the antivirus update messing up a really good try at that cluster by popping up RIGHT when I was ready to tap the R key to get mysef aligned properly. Still got it though.

I know most of you probably won't care, since it's a very easy trick compared to what you do, but it was very hard for me and I simply HAD to post about this.
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: GHZ1 Rings -- DONE
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:44:41 pm »
Congratulations!

It's not like it's easy, honestly, and I'm happy you did it!

Looks like you'll be a good addition to our crew...  you're stick-to-it-ive-ness is impressive...

keep it up!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:15:55 pm »
Looks like you'll be a good addition to our crew...

Maybe, once I'll start sucking less. :P

you're stick-to-it-ive-ness is impressive...

That's not stick-to-it-ive-ness, that's "OK, my skills have improved somewhat, can I do it now?"

Plus, it's "your" and not "you're". Not that I am a huge grammar nazi, but I really couldn't resist pointing that out. :P

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 06:28:11 am »
I would like to note the time of that post, as well as the fact that my sleeping pattern is usually from 6am - 1PM... I hadn't slept yet, that day, due to a long night of being sick...

yes, you can be a grammar nazi...  I know a certain super-player who likes to tease me when I'm tired...

And trust me, if you're comparing yourself to people here at TSC, you're comparing yourself to some of the best on the planet... sucking when you begin is kinda a must...

The more you play, the better you get... and the better you get, the more you'll want to push yourself...

Trust me, you don't suck... you just haven't been here long enough...

now then... go get 1:13!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 07:20:25 am »
good work on GHZ1 rings, that record would have probably been easier for me if I had known about the tunnel trick back then.  (also I agree with aitamen, you should get 1:13 on final zone because its really easy if you know how)

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:04:20 am »
1:13 I can't do because I can't figure out Final Zone's randomness, and staying in the center when the crushers move is way too risky.
I'll soon try Star Light 2, practice runs seem easy enough, just need to do it in one piece without falling onto a spikeball... (or ease up the route)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 05:07:32 pm »
that's just it... it IS random...  you just have to refine your HEC and/or get lucky enough to get good crusher position.

My 1:13 was pure luck... When I was out of position, 'botnik was still RIGHT there to get hit...

Doing it the TAS way (jumping before the crusher hits the bottom to prevent the smash) is kinda ridiculous... but still doable...

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 05:15:28 pm »
See, here's a mark about how horrible I really am at all of this....
The Final Zone record is supposed to be the easiest ones on the site.
Yet, playing CAREFULLY (i.e. not speedrunning, just trying to survive), I can only beat it maybe 1 in 10.
And I tried GHZ1 rings once ... didn't do too well, can't get the hang of getting back up the tube.  Whatever, it won't be until at least December before any more competing happens on my part.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 08:04:56 am »
GHZ1 is pure hell to ring attack. I suggest you to look at SkyLights' video, he does have a pretty short route that leaves you like 7-8 minutes to repeat the trick again and again. I had to use 6 of them.

And Final Zone is not too hard as long you don't speedrun. You just stand at the right, and avoid the orbs, jumping occasionaly, then see if Robotnik is there to hit. Just don't try to rush to Robotnik if he is at the left.

Have no idea how to speedrun through Final Zone without getting hit and dying.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 09:04:50 am »
Pause abuse, I imagine.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:46 am »
And Final Zone is not too hard as long you don't speedrun. You just stand at the right, and avoid the orbs, jumping occasionaly, then see if Robotnik is there to hit. Just don't try to rush to Robotnik if he is at the left.

Have no idea how to speedrun through Final Zone without getting hit and dying.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BieKb3nzmr8&feature=PlayList&p=F3CC5F4290C9B545&index=15

Will this help you?

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 01:28:39 am »
if you hold right and time your jump perfectly you'll get the same pattern every time, memorize it. hit the last guy as late as possible. you should be about 1 frame from 1:14

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 04:08:16 am »
Yeah, I've already somewhat figured out how the randomness works: the pattern stays the same as long as you only touch Robotnik for one frame on each hit.
Super easy now. The only thing is that level select gives different patterns if you select Final Zone at different points of time, but you can easily reload and try again.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 05:34:26 am »
oh... I didn't know people didn't abuse pause...

*laughs* totally absent minded, but it was RPG who gave me that idea back when I did it...

whoops?

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 06:48:09 am »
If you know the randomness like I do now, it's EXTREMELY easy to do, even without pause abuse.

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.