don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 684540 times)

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Thx Final, yeah I think it's possible, but surely it's a very hard task. Congrats!!! That last tube is really tough, I always get a hit in it :/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Yeah, I also took one hit. It's almost impossible without.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Yeah! My new vids are up :D, they're at the videos page, tell me what both of you think of them. I won't be able to play with you :(, my bro got the GC back, I'll only be able to get it again in some weeks, but I'm happy with what I did in only one morning.
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline X-5

those are all great new times Brian!

do you have any on video? I am most interested in how you did radical highway mission 5.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
No, none of them were taped :/ but I'll get my friend's cam this week and I'll tape them, I'm sure I can beat the RH mission 1 and 5 times, but I'm not so sure if I can do the mission 5 without checks due to my ending trick, which is a little hard to do, but mission 1 is easy, CG is very hard too, I'll do my best to get a no checks speedrun, but my route has some hard little touchups xD. After I tape them my next goal is CG mission 5. See ya o/

Offline X-5

For RH5 are you talking about doing a perfect jump and homing attack to the spring, so you don't have to waste 2-3 seconds breaking the boxes? I could never get that right in a run, I figured 1:45 is possible with it. That is why I was most interested in the RH5 video to see if you did that or not.

Sounds good, hope you get some videos of your upcoming great times! 1:43 on RH1 would be cool.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »
No, that's not the case, but this would be cool, I do a spindash jump from the beginning of the loop and fall in the floor where the the boxes are or directly in the horizontal bar and from there I just swing to the top, but it's very hard to do in the first try, expecially due to the force that makes you go up the loops in the game, it keeps trying to push me up :/

Well... that's it, but mission 1 will be easy to beat and tape, I'll get my friend's camera today and I'll start to tape today too, maybe tomorrow I'll get this ^_~

See ya o/

Offline X-5

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2009, 10:20:02 pm »
sounds great, hope you can do it!

1:43 really does need to happen!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2009, 02:07:01 pm »
New record!!! With video!!! But with 2 checks :(

Upload soon

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2009, 02:18:46 pm »
Congrats man! You beat me by a whole second :o
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline X-5

« Reply #310 on: June 02, 2009, 02:31:27 pm »
crazy man... I have no idea how you can take it so low with 2 checks, but the lower the better! I guess 1:42 can be done?

i wanna see the video real bad!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2009, 06:26:38 pm »
100 posts :D! I haven't noticed.

Thanks dudes ^_^

I have exciting news! Before the news an explanation: Unfortunately RH has 2 checks where you don't lose even a tenth of second, the first and the second checks, the last one makes you lose a lot of time, even with the steer in front of you, I've used it, and the second check too, what make me want to beat the mission 3 record with a checkpoint free run.

Now, to the news, this record was beaten, the camera's battery was low then I've taped the 1:43 run with checks, then it turned off, after this I beat it, I won't tell you what was my time 'cause I could stay with the camera one more day, so tomorrow I'll try to tape again, if I beat it, I'll upload it instead of the 1:43 run, but if not, then I'll upload this one until I tape a better run :/.

See yall o/

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2009, 02:48:36 pm »
Look at the news page! With the middle check :/

The video will be uploaded today, after I get out of my job :D

Offline X-5

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2009, 03:44:46 pm »
are you kidding me?!? 1:41??? you better upload the video the instant you walk through your front door! What an incredible time! If you did not have a reputable name I would say you cheated to get that time!

You said the middle check wastes no time, right? of course either way it does not really matter, you are far from 1:40 anyway.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2009, 06:05:09 pm »
Hahahaha, I'll upload it today, then I'll put the link here. I don't have a great reputation as you and jawzun, yoshifan, SM and so many other awesome players have, but I'm happy for being known as a trusted person :), and this reminds me to say thank you for believe me when I first got the Green Forest record :D

Yeah, the first and the middle checks wastes "no time" 'cause you can do a homing attack to get more speed on the descent, then you'll match the time you would have if you haven't used it. It's too hard to talk about a 1:40 run now, but I'll work to build a way to do this ^_~

See you \o/

Offline Jawzunx

• win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2009, 01:37:22 am »
Hahahaha, I'll upload it today, then I'll put the link here. I don't have a great reputation as you and jawzun, yoshifan...

What? Me? reputation?
I was probably a good player in SA2, but you're being awesome (the best I'd say) lately ;)

Offline X-5

« Reply #316 on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:56 am »
Hahahaha, I'll upload it today, then I'll put the link here. I don't have a great reputation as you and jawzun, yoshifan, SM and so many other awesome players have, but I'm happy for being known as a trusted person :), and this reminds me to say thank you for believe me when I first got the Green Forest record :D

you're very welcome, I always found it easy to believe you even before you showed the pictures of your 1:28 green forest record. Just looking at your stats and reading the comments you wrote I had that certain feeling that this guy was for real, and then you turned out to be probably the best thing that has ever happened to SA2B in a long time, with the excellent potential to be the best in a lot of things just like I told you a long time ago! Course some idiot instantly made a topic saying your 1:28 is completely fake, but forget him, he just has sucky judgment of some people and doesn't even give them a chance before throwing accusations. As for reputation I will say you are up there with the best already. you have exceptional skill, excellent shortcuts and tricks, trustworthy.. that is more than enough reason!

I totally agree with Jawzun that you are the very best player for fast times in SA2B at the moment, you have taken down many of my tough sonic records, but the most important reason is.. you also manage to take down records on the shooting stages and the hunting stages! Such skill at all 3(I was only good at 1) definitely makes you the best right now. yoshifan may have more records than you, but I can tell your potential skill is twice as much as his or even more.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:37:54 pm by Paragod »

Offline Launchballer

• TSC Profile
  • winvista msie7
  • Launchballer, the Sonic News Networkist.
    • View Profile
    • Launchballer (Sonic News Network)
« Reply #317 on: June 04, 2009, 01:50:48 pm »
he just has sucky judgment of some people
Thats called trolling. You're completely f*cked if you give them the reaction they want.
Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales
The professional Launchballer

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 04, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »
Hmm, coming back from some busy weeks only to find out that there's been lots of posts and some records have been literally smashed!
Amazing job, Brian!!!!

You're definitely a top player and the best thing to happen to SA2 since sliced bread.
Can't wait for the vid, especially since my interest in RH seems to be growing.

Offline Cort

« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2009, 10:58:04 pm »
Brother, that video is amazing!!! your skills are incredibles!!!  Congratulations

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2009, 11:07:14 pm »
Guys... I can't convert to words what I felt reading what you guys wrote, I'm so happy to have found all of you here on TSC, it's so amazing to have friends like you all, why we need to live so far away from the others :/.

Jawzun, you have a great reputation, you're one of the best players of this whole site, you're the master of SADX, and owns in SSBM :D, so never think of you like a normal player, 'cause you all are awesome, and we all together are even better, see what PoT and Paragod did on Final Rush, look back in the time and see what you and me did with Green Forest mission 1 and 3.

Now to the good news, the mission 1 and 5 are up, I've uploaded a Green Hill run too but it's not so important(I haven't got sub 25 :P), and a check abused Crazy Gadget mission 3 run only to show some little touchups.

Hope you like them :)

See ya'll \o/

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2009, 04:49:23 pm »
Wow Brian. Truly amazing. Whenever i see your records pop up on the chat i am like.. WOW.. Very talented player. You never know one day, you could be in the top 5. I had a look at SA2B when i first got to the site but, instantly, from looking at the ammount of players, the records, and the times i already had on the game, i knew i wouldn't have a chance at all. keep up the good work! Keep smashing records!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:18:54 pm by Werey »

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #322 on: June 06, 2009, 12:38:41 pm »
Thanks Werey :), you're awesome on SU, and you're a very fun guy xD.

Guys, I've never screamed when I've beat a record, but when I've seen the counter stopped at 50:29 I started to scream "OMG I can't believe!!! I can't believe!!!" xD. Great time, expecially 'cause I've used the second check once. I'll try to tape it whenever I can get a camera again.

See ya'll \o/

Offline Jawzunx

• win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »
What? you abused a check? :o
Then sub 50 is more than possible ;)
gonna try get it?

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2009, 05:32:21 pm »
I'll try it but I don't think it'll be easy, in this run I got to the check in 35.2x sec, it's my best second check ever, then I died but I wasn't trying to beat the record, so I used the check, when I took control of sonic again I did a homing attack then charged a spindash and started the decent, I hitted the springs at low 41, but the main cause that made this run be so fast was my ending, my scream was because of this more than anything else xD, my ending was too fast, since I simply can't do the ending right with blasest's strat, I tried with my old one, from my 51:47 run, but this time I did it perfectly.

I don't know when I'll get a camera again but be sure I'll at least beat your time in video, 'cause after this run I tried again and got 50:40.

One more thing, I've discovered 2 new little shortcuts on Green Forest: the first one is use the gravity control in the first loop skip instead of just do a homing attack, and the second one is in the beginning of the part where you go up the tree, when you hit the first spring, try to get the light dash in the middle of the way, stay holding the "B" button down and charge a spindash, now for the hard part, with the spindash charged aim to the wall in front of you and do a superbounce then immediately when you see the spring do a homing attack on it,if you done it fast and right you'll save at least half of a second.

Obviously it's hard to do in a great run, where you'll probaly be nervous at this point of the stage, but with this I got 1:30:99 in GC, could be lower if I don't screwed up my ending and used the third and the last checks :P

See ya'll dudes ;)

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2009, 08:05:02 pm »
Amazing records, Brian!  I totally didn't expect that Radical Highway would go so low.  Really liked your strategy after the last checkpoint.  You're showing so much skill and creativity lately, especially in the Sonic/Shadow levels.

I agree with Jawzun; there's a great chance that you're the best at this game lately.  And since you're a good guy, I wouldn't mind seeing you at the top of the rankings - you would definitely deserve it.  I'll keep playing, though, and keep it competitive for as long as I can.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2009, 02:43:38 pm »
Thanks yoshi, it's good to see you posting here :D. I'll do my best to get as far as I can, I know how good you are, so I know it'll not be easy to get close or surpass you. If I could play at least 2 days per week, I would get a lot of new times, even if they are not so much better, especially the hunting missions :P

Wow!!! You have beaten the records that I really want to see in video, the mission 3 time is an incredible record! You recorded them right? I'll pray to your answer be "YES!"

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2009, 03:37:59 pm »
Unfortunately, no - I'm having problems with my DVD recorder, as I can't get it to display on my TV anymore.  Might have to get a new recorder, but I hope not.  But yeah, once this is resolved, I want to record a CW3 run at least.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #328 on: June 10, 2009, 03:46:45 pm »
Oh... :( ok, I hope you get a new recorder soon, I really want to see a mission 3 video :D

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2009, 08:39:44 am »
Hmm why is it that I only recently noticed how awesome Crazy Gadget really is? Sub1:50 shouldn't be hard at all, and from then, it's just about how good I can copy Paragod's vid (need to find that again) until I discover some own little tricks.

=D

Print

Hits: 1 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.