don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 700802 times)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2008, 05:50:57 pm »
Yeah, I got it on my very first try without checkpoints. I was surprised myself ^_^
And I guess it won't take you too long getting orange in all these level you don't really like.
I was playing quite a lot of Mission Street today to get these 4 charts up..oh well, it takes time.

I can't wait for that! I can't see any even coulda-be shortcuts atm, so I guess that won't happen in the very near future <_<
I also might go for M3 soon, as I've gotten consistent on the Chao part, and if I can do it without checkpoints then I have an advantage over you.(lol, that would be the first time you used a checkpoint and I didn't).

Oh well, I might, MIGHT go for the Final Chase ("Final" fanatic, that I am) seeing as that was my first real run, with quite a few mistakes. I never really liked it, but why not doing something you're good at?
I have quite a few other levels I like such as Metal Harbor and City Escape, but that's too far off my capability... and I don't like them as much as FR d<_<

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2008, 11:19:49 pm »
Yeah, I got it on my very first try without checkpoints. I was surprised myself ^_^
what'd I tell you, checkpoints ruin a player's skill! :P

I also might go for M3 soon, as I've gotten consistent on the Chao part, and if I can do it without checkpoints then I have an advantage over you.(lol, that would be the first time you used a checkpoint and I didn't).
haha yeah, the tables will be turned. that will make me feel like a n00b :( but once I feel like trying I can definitely do a checkpointless run, then I will feel better about myself.

Oh well, I might, MIGHT go for the Final Chase ("Final" fanatic, that I am) seeing as that was my first real run, with quite a few mistakes. I never really liked it, but why not doing something you're good at?
I have quite a few other levels I like such as Metal Harbor and City Escape, but that's too far off my capability... and I don't like them as much as FR d<_<

might as well, like many other levels your first try times are way better than mine.I wish you luck there though, the tubes take so much precision I think it is pretty much impossible to skillfully do them properly, so you definitely need A WHOLE LOT OF luck!! I can't even come close to my record now because of them, but I know at least 2:25 is possible near a max. 2:30 would still be pretty good though, if you think you can do it. 2:31 sucks, but its #1....only for lack of competition :( You could get the record on those levels as well if you wanted, trust me. Nothing of mine is out of your capability!

anyway, I HAVE EXCITING NEWS!!

I played for 2 hours tonight, with no luck other than a slight improvement...but..

I found a new time saver at the beginning!! I am now getting into the big building at 17.90, and getting high 44 at the check! On average I am saving about 0.4s on each run, but I think you can save upwards of 0.5 to 0.6s once you have it all mastered. This is very cool, I am still not going to go for 2:06(oh god....) but 2:07 is going to be really easy now, and you will probably start seeing 2:07 as a possibility for yourself :)

I am not doing what Brian suggested, I am using the exact same route we have been using, with a slight change. I can't really explain it with words very well but at the 14-15 sec rail that you jump off of, instead of jumping and falling do a bounce ball around the check point, then another one on the downward slope, then aim for the small left rail with another bounce ball and switch to the right one. you will have much faster speed on the rails, and you will cruise through much faster saving the time! I think this works cause when you bounce ball on the sloped surface it makes your next bounce ball point straight down, giving you much better speed. I am sure you will miss it the first time, but it is thankfully a very easy trick after a few tries.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2008, 01:45:50 pm »
Actually, the checkpoints helped me participating in a certain area over and over again. I also got used to the time I should reach a certain part of a level.

Yeah, I have my trouble with the tubes. I'll see how bad they really are once I start playing the level for real. I might even have to 99 lives it at first <_< God I hate that..

Nothing of mine is out of your capability!
Objection. A certain Mr. City Escape would like to have a word with you ^_^

0.4 seconds is a good time saver! Good job on finding that! Then again, I don't really understand the shortcut from the text. I tried a bit here and there today, but nothing.
Guess I'll need to carefully rererereread that. <_<

I can hit that long rail at around 16.95, but since I don't have any speed besides a bounce, I'm going pretty slow(well not slow, but definitely not the max speed) during the first few seconds...

Offline X-5

« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2008, 03:04:12 pm »
Actually, the checkpoints helped me participating in a certain area over and over again. I also got used to the time I should reach a certain part of a level.

oh, yeah they can be helpful for practicing and such. but if you get dependent on them they will only drag you down as well as making you waste up to a second each one.

Objection. A certain Mr. City Escape would like to have a word with you ^_^

:p I guess what I should have said is, nothing of mine is beyond your actual skill level, but what you lack is the determination to get that low since you don't like the level as much as FR. That should sound better.

Yeah I was so excited to see that it saved time, I had known for a while now that bounce-balling from a slope onto a rail gives you max speed, but I had no idea it'd actually save time in FR. I think I hit that rail at around 16.9 as well, but thanks to the slope bounce speed you enter the building at sub 18 on a good run! I am fairly sure you get max rail speed from the very beginning using it.

I have my newest 2:08 on tape, I will upload that if I do not get 2:07 today so you can use the trick. I played 4 hours last night after finding the trick, I was half asleep and could not play worth a damn, and the game just didn't want to give up a 2:07 :( I got 2:08.24 with a 1:20.6 last check.. why didn't I get 2:07?? I got 2:08.52 with 1:21.4.. stupid game!

My new target time for mission 3 will be 1:43, by the way. I want 2:07 so I can be done forever!! (until/if we find a you know what)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »
I guess you're right, and thankfully I'm past them now. Well, in most levels that is. I'm still 99-livesing levels like Mission Street to get a time in the red, and boy that's difficult. Been trying for quite some hours, and I'm still 5 second away from the worst time in red...

True, Final Rush is THE level for me! I've been playing it for the past almost 5 years now, and I'm still getting excited every time I enter the level. I remember it was one of the coolest things in gaming history for me to grind down that first rail in space and see the earth.

I've also known that you have more speed that way, but I never really tried to find a route that allows me to bounce on it on that spot without losing time before..

Oh I'm sure that your 2:07 won't even last that long. Either I'll beat it or discover another time saver. The ultimate goal is the 2:00 barrier after all!

EDIT: New time on Final Chase. I might even make a vid soon. Also, I found an almost-1-second shortcut. ^_^

PS, I entered the top50! woooho
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:11:23 pm by PoT »

Offline Azure

« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2008, 06:45:41 pm »
Oh I'm sure that your 2:07 won't even last that long. Either I'll beat it or discover another time saver. The ultimate goal is the 2:00 barrier after all!

It's amazing that you guys have progressed this far from... 2:12, was it? Kudos to everyone for pwning so much and finding new timesavers on this awesome level. This is how competition was meant to be!!!

I wish you all the best of luck to keep making improvements, and NEVER QUIT TEH FINAL RUSH.

Offline X-5

« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:34 pm »
This is how competition was meant to be!!!
Yeah!!! I agree, well, kind of anyway. It is a lot better than most games on the site at the moment with no active players or group of players competing, but it still is not ultra fierce competition with the record being swapped back and forth almost everyday.. but something like that is probably impossible on a fairly small site like this anyway. It is way better than a year ago where I had lots of records no one even tried to beat.

I was at 2:15 for over a year, then when FR7 was getting near my time I improved to 2:13 then very quickly after 2:12, and then he finally beat me right after I got a 2:11. So obviously FR7 is the reason 7 and a half seconds have come off the level, not to mentioned 12 seconds on mission 5 and 7 on mission 3. Crazy and yet awesome, huh?

Thanks for your best wishes for us, we will do our best to make the record a flawless, beautiful, exciting run that nobody can beat!

True, Final Rush is THE level for me! I've been playing it for the past almost 5 years now, and I'm still getting excited every time I enter the level. I remember it was one of the coolest things in gaming history for me to grind down that first rail in space and see the earth.

that is pretty much how CE was for me. I got SA2 for DC when I was 12 and always enjoyed doing that level, over and over.  I especially liked running from the truck, I used to like how you could turn the corner and it'd  be gone, then all of a sudden he turns that corner super fast and is right up on you. I sucked so much back then I could not even beat crazy gadget, it was not until I started competing here that I was able to even beat the game. I would say its quite miraculous that I am getting records today!

woah.. before you were saying I am the all mighty paragod that can always take the record back, now you are saying if I get a 2:07 it sucks and you'll beat me easily? :P you sure did get a huge confidence boost from somewhere..I like it..but at the same time kind of discourages me to go for 2:07 if it is not even special like I thought it'd be :(

EDIT: New time on Final Chase. I might even make a vid soon. Also, I found an almost-1-second shortcut. ^_^

cool, I don't know if I will compete with you there though since I hate it. But we will see, I never thought I would compete with you at FR either cause I did not feel like playing it at the time and I figured you'd never beat me, but look how fun that turned out!

Happy 100th post! And I am sure at least 70%-80% of them are still from just this topic :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2008, 05:55:08 am »
Oh, I also loved City Escape, but I always hated the truck chase. I don't know why, maybe because I suck at it? Oh well, snowboarding at the beginning was just THAT awesome, especially since I played SA2 before SA1, so I didn't know Sonic had boarded before.

I could beat both stories, but when it came down to Eggman's part of Cannon's Core, I had to give up. For like two years or so. That huge green room with all these floating boxes, I never knew where to go there <_< Then after two years, we(friend and me) finally found out. Next big problem was Knuckles' part. We always thought we were just too slow and that that was the reason we always drowned. Took another year to find out that he had an upgrade to breath underwater forever <_<
And the Biolizard was pretty tough, too!

Wait, wait! Who said 2:07 sucked? It's super awesome to get that, but as all the recent records on Final Rush, I just doubt it will last that long. Even when I broke the crazy sub2:10 barrier I thought that this would last for a while. What was it, 2 weeks after you beat it?
A 2:07.6 seems possible at the moment, it just requires a perfect run.

Yeah, I also don't really like Final Chase that much. I only play it because it Shadow's version of Final Rush.. <_<
And that just reminded me that I still have to go for sub2:00 on Crazy Gadget!

100th post? I didn't even notice, thanks!
And more like 95% actually >_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2008, 02:02:01 pm »
I'd of been a disaster at cannon's core back then. The first time I played it around 3 years ago it took me forever to beat, I didn't have the air thing either! That part was like... don't get hit... find an air bubble now!! Biolizard stopped me for a while as well :(

Well you just sounded like you were saying it is going to be beaten super easily, which to me is shocking since I have trying for 6 hours now and failing! I'll tell you what though.. 2:06 may not be so ridiculous to get after all. I learned a new slight time saver from your 2:09 video last night, and I got 2:08.04 with a 1:21.3 check!! My best check is 1:20.1!! I usually get 1:20.6 on average but I was sucking yesterday, and still nearly got 2:07........man......why can't the insane 1:20.1 checks every complete :(

Yeah, its the DARK, more evil form of final rush! much harder to perfect cause of the tubes!

can't you do lower on crazy gadget? you have my and yoshi's videos, you should easily be able to get around 1:50 with mistakes if you just do what we do, and I know you definitely can do the tricks.

Did you figure out the trick I found on FR yet? remember, just jump and bounce once by the checkpoint, bounce on the slope when it starts going down, and you will go right to the rail where you bounce again and nail it at max speed!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2008, 05:24:10 pm »
Quick response, don't have much time atm. Will respond to the rest of your post later. Just wanna say that your vid, as well as quite a few others are not available, and yoshifan's vid is in hard mode which is quite a bit different. I'll take a look though

Offline X-5

« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2008, 05:48:11 pm »
I fixed mine a few weeks ago, it should be fine..  keep in mind there are probably 2 videos, the one I just uploaded and the dead one, one of them will work.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2008, 06:21:50 pm »
Lol, I actually like CC itself, but every time I enter it it just reminds me of these days I couldn't beat it. AARRGGGHH

1:20.1? Wow, that's amazing. I guess I'll invest some hours tomorrow evening and see what comes out. I still haven't figured your new trick out by now, but I'm sure I will tomorrow. I know I did it once today while I was playing for fun. I actually reached the first check at 34.89, which is 0.5 second better than my personal best was until now!! I never thought that the magic 35 seconds barrier would ever break!

Dark side, huh? Well, these tubes ARE pretty mean, but I'll go for at least second place in FC soon. Although improving by 5 seconds won't be that easy. I gotta take a look at Fman's vid again, maybe I oversaw a nice shortcut!

Anyway, 1:50 on CG will be very hard I think. I do pretty much the exact same things you do, just a tad slower. So I just waste seconds and seconds on things that I can't do at the same speed like you because of the lack of skill in that level. Oh well, I'm actually satisfied with my sub2:00 already, but I'm always up for a challenge!

Btw, getting SU?

Offline X-5

« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2008, 12:03:07 am »
I just hate CC cause it is boring, the sonic section is short and stupid, the walker parts are...okay I guess, the other parts are all extremely boring as well cause you are just hunting for switches and dealing with the overly annoying obstacles. Basically I had to torture myself to get the A-Ranks, I will probably never touch the level again.  The times SM got are amazing though, I mean how many people could figure out how to get 1:15 by themselves.. almost nobody?

(you must mean 44.89 and 45) Yeah that is the best time I can get at the first check, I love my new trick! I however hate knowing I screwed up a 2:06, and that I can't even get 2:07 after 6 ridiculous hours of playing..I wish I was 10 times better of a player than I am now!

You may be missing a shortcut, but really seconds are very easy to take down on FC. I had 2:43, and then everybody told me to play FC for the record, an hour later I had gotten it down to 2:31.. ONE HOUR for 12 seconds! The level is very easy to master really, for me the hardest parts are the tubes in the beginning, even worse is the tubes in the middle of the level, and finally a perfect jump and homing attack to the spring at the end without being pulled onto the tube. Get everything to go right, you will probably get below 2:30 and you'll see much lower being possible! (But I doubt you'll go for it :P) F-Man could easily take the record back, but he says he doesn't like SA2, amazing how well he did on all the levels he played huh? he probably played each level an hour each and had tons of records.. but I guess that is expected out of the best 3D sonic player on the site.

Yeah it is pretty good, I just figured you could get around 1:50 with very little effort..maybe not, but that is cool.

Btw, getting SU?
you can answer that for me, is it going to totally suck like secret rings or did they fix the useless control set up this time?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2008, 11:20:14 am »
I actually don't find CC boring, but speedrunning it just sucks. I'm glad I made it into the red, that was difficult enough. A-ranking wasn't really a problem as Tails' and Eggman's sections gave you lots of points, you just shouldn't die.
1:15 is extreme! I've watched the vid, and my best time is a minute slower <_<

Ooops, yeah, 44.89 and 45. I should definitely invest some time in playing it, but Unleashed just keeps me away.
o_O 10times? Do you want like a.. 30 seconds speedrun on Final Rush or so? :D

Yeah one hour for 12 seconds in the record sure is amazing, but then again, it's you we're talking about. It's to be expected =D
Well, I finally found out where I lose a lot of time. I lose about 5 seconds on the last long tube because I can't seem to jump directly to the spring. Most of the time either the camera or I screw up and I end up on the second to last tube <_<
I also noticed that I hit the middle checkpoint at 1:24 somewhere, and Fman gets is at 1:20 I believe.

About SU, well, I can say that it is a fun game, with quite some frustration on the first playthrough. The daytime stages are extremely fun to breeze through, and some of the night stages are also quite fun.
My only problem are the controls, which while responsive, aren't as sharp. It takes Sonic a good amount of time just to turn around while at mid-speed.
And maybe I should mention that I absolutely hated Secret Rings? Yeah, worst Sonic game <_<

Just keep in mind that the PS3/360 versions are a bit different from the Wii/PS2 versions, and that the PS360 version have two more levels and better graphics.
I have the 360 version, but the Wii version is a blast as well.
I can recommend it for you for sure!

Offline X-5

« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2008, 03:07:34 pm »
So that is where your SA2 time has gone. I'll consider getting the game if you think it is okay..maybe they will add rankings and we can compete! Then we will be on equal grounds, and see who really is the best!

o_O 10times? Do you want like a.. 30 seconds speedrun on Final Rush or so? :D
Nah it is physically impossible to go that fast even if I was a thousand times better, I just want to be good enough to where I'd almost never make a mistake.. and I could have 2:06 in no time! But I guess never messing up would make me a robot, and no person is going to have much luck or fun trying to be better than one of those..

Yeah I hate that tube and that spring. I never could do it with any consistency, I got lucky on my 2:43 run, my 2:36 and even my 2:31. You gotta fall down at a fair distance from the tube in the right spot, which is hard only cause of the stupid auto-camera angles. He got a high 1:19 check, I think I had around mid 1:19 on 2:31. Of course a 1:16 check is totally possible with perfect middles tubes.. that's 2:28 and below...Tons of potential for the level thankfully, so you don't have to restart after every tiny little mistake when going for the record! Maybe knowing that will encourage you to get yourself a FC record. I've have tons of REALLY sucky runs that get me a 1:19 mid check, by the way.

Oh yeah, you should definitely post a video of your run soon, there are probably some spots I can help you go faster in...maybe...

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2008, 03:37:34 pm »
Yeah. However, I just noticed I didn't mention on my previous post that the Wi version has different level design than the 360 version (when I mean 360, then that includes the PS3 version as well. Same goes for Wii and PS2). I don't know if you have a 360 or PS3, but if you do, get that version of the game.

Don't worry, there's no need to be that perfect. Take a look at my 2:09 vid. I would guess that everyone on this world besides you and maybe Jawzun/Zealous see that as a perfect run aside form the use of checkpoints.
Same goes for your CE vid. I can only see a super tiny flaw that cost you maybe 0.1-0.2 seconds.

I'll see what I can do. I haven't really played the stage for perfection yet, meaning I'd restart if I see even the smallest flaw. Maybe I should do that until I get to the 1:20 checkpoint. And I guess I will have to abuse the last checkpoint there <_<

If all goes well, I'll the vid up until next week. Busy week until Friday T_T

Offline X-5

« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2008, 07:28:32 pm »
I can now stop being tortured by final rush's stupid luck!! 2:07! Now it is your turn :P I did not tape it cause when I record, the game's picture quality is worse and it makes me mess up more often, but it probably doesn't matter cause we can save the awesome video for sub 2:00! 7 Hours to go from my first 2:08 to 2:07... freaking ridiculous. I'd of probably had it in an hour if I would have stopped being so nervous after getting a 1:20 mid check..Oh well, thankfully it is finally over, I have my 2:07. I am happy!

I don't know if you have a 360 or PS3, but if you do, get that version of the game.
I'll keep that in mind, I guess if tsc makes charts the game will have to be split up into many charts.

I can only see a super tiny flaw that cost you maybe 0.1-0.2 seconds.
Curious.. what flaw did you see? I am wondering if you noticed something I did not, cause only flaw I see is I was 0.2 sec slower with boarding than usual, and I did the building drop oddly.. not sure if that lost time. Only a tenth or two if any.

If all goes well, I'll the vid up until next week. Busy week until Friday T_T

Have fun, but don't overdo it and wear yourself out :P I will patiently wait for the video.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2008, 07:58:21 pm »
I'd like to note that when this topic was started the time was 2:15 and paragod estimated perfect to be 2:12...

you guys have come a LONG way... massive kudos to you guys!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2008, 08:20:46 pm »
And I'd like to note that the topic was originally about how much time ticked on the clock on a checkpoint respawn.  Way to go off topic, guys.  <_<
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline X-5

« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2008, 09:41:44 pm »
I'd like to note that when this topic was started the time was 2:15 and paragod estimated perfect to be 2:12...

you guys have come a LONG way... massive kudos to you guys!

hey, thanks! we may be just about finished, since at the moment 2:06 is "perfect" and I am not sure if FR7 sees that as a possibility for him yet.. and for our current route, I am done for good.  Even if he gets that 2:06!

The record is exactly 8.06 seconds faster than the record I held for over a year. Wow! as well as being 11.30 faster than Zealous's record!

And I'd like to note that the topic was originally about how much time ticked on the clock on a checkpoint respawn.  Way to go off topic, guys.  <_<

hehehehe, yeah..maybe he will change the topic title later when he comes on to something more appropriate. Cause there's no way we're going to make a new topic! I am sure this is among the top 10 or 20 topics with the most posts, and we gotta take it to the very top! (tho we'll probably run out of things to say by then)

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2008, 11:30:02 pm »
I just came here to say this:

Don't be surprised if Final Rush gets another time saver, this one in the range of...oh, probably about a minute.

No I haven't worked out the details yet, but right now I'm one obstacle away from making it happen.

Offline X-5

« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2008, 12:23:01 am »
oh god.. another psycho SM strat!

Offline Mo

« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2008, 12:43:07 am »
I actually liked Secret Rings.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2008, 12:46:26 am »
Hyper's sig ~ "shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch"

...WHAT?

You were using a shortcut? No wonder you were so hard to beat! What is it?
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Mo

« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2008, 01:18:16 am »
You know that gate that you have to use the cages to go over in Skeleton Dome Mission 12.You can ditch that gate by short jumping when you're the right distance away from it.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Mo

« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2008, 01:25:34 am »
I also couldn't figure out a name for that shortcut and so I made a really crappy name.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2008, 08:25:11 am »
Hey guys!!! You're really awesome! After weeks of "I found a new shortcut!", you finally got close to perfection. I'm really sad that I can't give it a try right now :(. I hope I can help both of you to get lower times on this stage but I'm very busy now, that's the reason for me to being off all this past week, I could only come to the forum to see what you have made in this stage. I'm very excited with the time when I get at least close to be as good as you guys!

My vid of the "Gravity Control" will be done in the first opportunity I have to take my camera back.

So SM have a 1 minute shortcut in test process, great! You can't give us at least a clue to figure out how it works dude?
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
Wooh, awesome job Paragod, you got the 2:07 down!! Awesome!
Good thing to see you relieved after that many hours of trying and trying. Looks like you won't be able to rest that long though. Like I expected sooner or later, a new time saver (will be/was) found.
A minute definitely sounds interesting. Not only that would allow for sub 2:00, but maybe even for sub1:00.
Based on my knowledge of Sonic time savers, this sounds like a long invisible floor you can walk on, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's near the 1:20 checkpoint.

Guess it's my turn now to get that record broken again...

(Oh, and inb4SMgetstheFRrecord)

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2008, 01:29:51 pm »
this sounds like a long invisible floor you can walk on
Close.  If SM found it, it most likely is a fake wall that you can pass through.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2008, 02:03:27 pm »
Close.  If SM found it, it most likely is a fake wall that you can pass through

Well, there's almost no walls in FR...

Print

Hits: 15 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.