don't click here

I still don't get why... (Here we go again.)

Print

Author Topic: I still don't get why... (Here we go again.)  (Read 4196 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

I still don't get why... (Here we go again.)
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:51:44 am »
I still don't understand why many of the proposals still haven't gone up.

What I'm most concerned about is Sonic Riders missions. I have really good stats here and as we've already evaluated which ones are truly valid, I don't see why they still haven't gone up, espeically since a lot of them are more competition worthy than the ones form S06 (example: Test of Intelligence/Love).

As for the others, though, I don't know what's the issue.
And don't get me started on Shuffle. I've almost lost hope.

Aside from Shuffle (before I start to digress), the others should be up.

The proposals in question are:

Heroes/SS Scores
Battle/Times
Shuffle (May as well ignore it as you always have)
Riders/Missions
Drift 1/Fastest Laps
Drift 2/Fastest Laps
S3(K)/SS Scores
S3DB/SS Rings
Rush/SS

I just thought it would be prudent to bring them up again for the sake of emphasis, in that it's taken way too long for things that should've been up from the start. But anyway, I'm pleased that the list has been cut down by a lot. Things I thought Rolken would leave until the very end (or never) ended up going up (ex: Advance Rings, etc.)

I know there may be a flood of posts (if not the first one) criticizing me once again but it bears re-emphasis.

I'll leave you to discuss w/ the list rearranged in terms of priority:

Battle/Times
Heroes/SS Scores
Riders/Missions
Drift 1/Fastest Laps
Drift 2/Fastest Laps
Rush/SS
S3(K)/SS Scores
S3DB/SS Rings
Shuffle (Should be higher but it probably won't be added anyway)
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: I still don't get why... (Here we go again.)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:21:26 am »
Battle/Times
Drift 1/Fastest Laps
Drift 2/Fastest Laps

These are actually all going to be added. Drift and Drift 2 have particular issues with re-sorting the levels so totals don't get fucked up.

Riders/Missions

I seem to recall Quartz telling me these were no good for competition...

ps, per RPG's request, Riders sucks.

Rush/SS

Still in dispute. There's a case for and a case against, and nobody's really weighed the two up yet.

S3(K)/SS Scores

lolno

S3DB/SS Rings

Nope. There's different special stages in all three versions of the game, and to track them all is unfair to people with access to only one, while lumping all "stage 1"s under the Special Stage 1 banner disadvantages the versions that can't get the most.

Shuffle

Glad to see you've given up on this one. There were just too many variables that had to be controlled for it to work.

Heroes/SS Scores

Probably the only one on the list that would be likely to go up. Not really sure why it hasn't been looked at yet, but I'm going back to Heroes in the coming days so I'll be sure to give it a look.

<3 Thorn.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:33:41 am »
Thanks for a quick (mostly non-critical) reply which is, y'know, a first. :/

I only suggested S3K, S3DB, and Rush because they were disputed at one point or another, not necessarily b/c I felt they "should" go up.

I don't see why Quartz would say that they're not good for competition. If S06's missions went up (and, to me, they're not that competitive, why shouldn't Riders? I've evaluated the ones that are valid from before and if I need to again, I can boot up the game, but I shouldn't need to. They should be added and this makes no sense why they're not.
(And, no, Riders does NOT suck. That being said, neither does S06.)

What's the status on Battle's Times? That's probably the most ''desired'' proposal at the moment for everyone.

In regards to Shuffle, I said I've ALMOST given up but considering how people view me here, I think I HAVE lost hope. My hope still remains, though, that they'll make another Party game or a sequel.

mike, we took a look at SS divisions for Heroes quite some time ago and I have no idea why they're not up. The first post in 'that' topic lists all the div's if you need to refer to them...

If not, I could just copy them all here. Same goes for Riders' missions.

And I didn't know that about D and D2. Thanks for that.
Wiiloveit

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 06:50:45 pm »
Mike, I said most weren't.  There's still the time ones.  And a few others.  Scores not so much.

But it's not that important
Hi

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:56:39 pm »
We seriously can't just Freestyle Sonic 3D Specials though? Same with Rush Specials, Heroes Specials, Riders Missions, hell, even Shuffle if it makes a few people happy.  I say that if it's possible to compete in it, we should try. We did let Super forms in Genesis games become Freestyle, after all. :P
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 10:13:08 pm »
well if they remain freestyle >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 01:33:48 pm »
While we're at it, we should also look at the bill I proposed for SH Extra scores (Chaotix). Any level that we compete in for time in the Chaotix extra missions should in theory be fair game.

This next bill is strange, but I think it would add an interesting level of challenge to competition. I propose the creation of a brand new class for competition in all games called "natural". The "natural" class is just like a normal competition (time and scores only) but as an added challenge, you are not allowed to use any glitches to obtain your stat. Stages in which glitches have no competitive impact do not have this class. For example, in ShtH (a game with very few glitches to exploit) the stages that would have a "natural" class to my knowledge are Lethal Highway (Hero), Mad Matrix (all), Air Fleet (dark), Iron Jungle (hero), Lost Impact (normal), and Cosmic Fall (both).
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 04:07:23 pm »
magnum's right. And Thorn's right as well, rather than bashing me (and those that suggested some that weren't from my mouth) we should TRY. Almost all of them should be given a chance.

The only reason why my hope has diminished for Shuffle is b/c fo all the criticism I get for liking it and the fact that people are somewhat stubborn in refusing to see Shuffle as having even an inch of competition when it, in fact, has more than that. Thorn may be able to testify to that, if not, then it's "lolness". XD

But srsly, they should be given a chance (not talking about Shuffle now).
And things like Heroes Specials and Riders Missions should've gone up from the start.

Oh, and mike, listen to Quartz. We already sorted all that out already and decided that Timed challenges were the only ones that would get in anyhow. You shouldn't dismiss it entirely.
Wiiloveit

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 06:03:05 pm »
I've never really tried out the Heroes special stages. Is speed/time a factor? As for the Chaotix extra scores, possibly all non-time limit missions could go up. Actually, any that have higher score possibilities should be excluded (example is FiF-CX because I think the extra mission has a higher score and on the normal mission, you could simply do the same thing).

As for Riders, I thought the times and the certain score missions (trick missions for example). Not the junk missions or those grind/fly missions.

Battle times would be good, too. Maybe I would have a chance at getting good at the game with times :P Would we have a time chart for every battle (10 characters x 3 difficulties x 5 battles = 150 time charts a.k.a. a lot)?

I don't really know anything about the others (but I wish I could play both Drift games. Anyone have working ROMs to them? (working as in you can race)).

Print

Hits: 80 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.