don't click here

New Stardust style(s)

Print

Author Topic: New Stardust style(s)  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Rolken

New Stardust style(s)
« on: September 12, 2004, 10:02:08 pm »
The good future Stardust style is far enough along to not have a bunch of broken images. Now the "Pick A Skin" window actually has a point! XD Note that you have to log in (or register first) to be able to use it, and I haven't really set it up on the forum yet so all that's different there is the background.

Any opinions on what color the now-black boxes and the text should be? I don't think the black box background goes with it very well, so I'll probably change it to something like grey.

Update (Monday @ 2:26AM CST): Not just one, but TWO brand-new styles! What a deal! The bad future kinda clashes though, with all the green and red/pink, so I'll probably tone it down some. Or maybe the bad skin's supposed to clash... :P

Update (Tuesday @ 1:59AM CST): The quartet of Stardust styles is now complete with the Past style.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 03:00:19 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline SadisticMystic

New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:11:18 am »
Make it a dark purple for boxes in Good Future.  I'm using Bad Future right now, and it can stay black.

Perhaps with the skin, include a checkbox for "Play Music"?  Default would be off, of course, but turn it on to hear a looping track depending on which themne you use.  I don't know what would make it functional--would a 1x1 frame in the lower right of the page work for that purpose?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 06:11:04 pm »
I'm using Bad Future too.....its AWESOME! =)
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:54:53 pm »
Bad Future = Good :P
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 03:03:50 am »
Its nice to have the choice but I think Bad Future looks the best out of those...
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Rolken

New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 03:04:08 am »
Make it a dark purple for boxes in Good Future.  I'm using Bad Future right now, and it can stay black.
[snapback]4670[/snapback]
Agreed on both points.

Perhaps with the skin, include a checkbox for "Play Music"?  Default would be off, of course, but turn it on to hear a looping track depending on which themne you use.  I don't know what would make it functional--would a 1x1 frame in the lower right of the page work for that purpose?
Well, it'd have to be a one pixel column or row spanning frame - aside from that... erm... I have no idea, some sort of embedded media I assume?

Offline Cybrax

New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 05:09:19 pm »
The new ones cool, but I cant see the bottom of the castle, how do I change my display settings so I can?

Offline Rolken

New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 07:18:28 pm »
You can increase your screen resolution through Control Panel -> Display -> Settings, or you can just see it alone if you only wanna know what it looks like. None of the new backgrounds are finished - I've done some editing to the Past one to take out the more simple and egregriously annoying pieces of road (in front of the black/blue part), and sooner or later I'll edit all the blocks out of all three new backgrounds, and maybe chop the top off of the Past one, as there's quite a bit of mostly empty stuff. The game itself considers both the road and the background part of the same layer, so I have to reconstruct what I think would look best behind it.

Offline SadisticMystic

New Stardust style(s)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 06:51:18 pm »
testing

<EMBED src="../music/Sonic CD - 20 - Stardust Speedway Bad Future.mp3" width="595" height="16" loop="true">

Print

Hits: 175 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.