don't click here

Hello

Print

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2876 times)

Offline TimpZ

Hello
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:10:00 pm »
Hi there, I'm TimpZ (aka primat91) and I mainly play S3&K at the moment.

I can't say I'm terribly amused by competing with ILs but it's great practise and a good way to find and exchange strats so after some convincing I decided to come here and join for real.

I am however saddened about the fact that there's no SS or whole-game categories as I think that's both more fun to run and requires more skill to get a good time.

Other than that, there's not much to say really. I'll lurk the forum a bit and update my times as they get better together with video links in my channel twitch.tv/primat91 where you could go if you want to verify anything. If you PM and I don't respond within a week, be patient as I might not be the most active member :p. We'll see how this membership goes.

Finally, I like to race on SRL so feel free to come and challenge me. I got into speedrunning from OoT a few years back and right now I'm thinking of maybe branching off into more games... Dunno which though.

EDIT: I like to edit my posts a lot :p.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »
^ If the individual level runs seems to have less substance or seem short, you might consider running score categories as well as just time; these tend to make you hit a much longer line within the 10-minute time limit. I saw your S3&K post on SDA, and if you bump into broken video links, please let an admin know via chat or in a forum PM; I've been much too preoccupied with the marathon, and i tend not to download a video more than once to keep checking the link. :P
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline TimpZ

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 10:51:39 pm »
Right, the marathon. I checked the guy out who was going to run S3&K... It's a shame it's only a few days after ESA in Sweden. He's going to make me look bad ;p.

There's a bunch of videos but I never wrote them down. I can PM you with a list after I check them again.

EDIT: Realised another thing. Why isn't Death Egg 2 as Knuckles an IL on the table?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:18:04 am by TimpZ »

Print

Hits: 154 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 989.34 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.