don't click here

Questions about Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Print

Author Topic: Questions about Sonic 3 & Knuckles  (Read 12831 times)

« on: February 23, 2004, 03:27:06 am »
1) Did you grow up calling the island, "Floating Island", or "Angel Island"?

2) Why is the floating island in the ocean in the introduction of Sonic 3 (both when Sonic turns super and hovers toward the island and on the title screen?)

3) Why on Earth is "Angel Island" so small in Sonic Adventure 1/DX?

4) Which Zone do you think is the largest. Not physically, like the amount you can explore, but by the way the background looks. I'd have to guess either Lava Reef Zone (looks like it stretches forever in the background) or Death Egg Zone (Since it's a like a replica of the Death Star).

5) In Death Egg Zone 2, do you stop timing after you kill the funny thing that protects itself with bumpers, or the big Robotnik that has 6 fingers, and shoots at you with the Master Emerald?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 03:32:41 am »
1) I always called it Floating Island; I didn't know they were the same until Adventure.

2) It needs the emeralds' power, I thought.

3) Adventure is dumb.

4) Lava Reef, tho I'm partial to it in general since it's so cool.

5) It ain't over till it's over...
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 03:47:10 am »
Clarification on 5: After beating the round boss in the gravity room, TAKE NOTE OF YOUR TIME.

If you beat both halves of the Robot on your first try, then everything's good. If not, though, your time resets to 0 when you start against the robot again.  In order to get an accurate time this way, you'll have to add the finish time to the time you had after beating the round boss in order to receive your true time.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 05:52:49 am »
1) Good. Why would they call the first zone the name of the entire island? Meh...

2) Fair enough. Are we then assuming that the island needs 7 Chaos Emeralds, 7 Super Emeralds *AND* the Master Emerald to float? That's kinda weird. Wait, no it's not, since without the Chaos Emeralds, there can be no Super Emeralds.

>_>

<_<

*Is confused*

4) Yeah, I'd have to agree there. Mind you, it looks as though Mushroom Hill Zone is pretty damn huge too. Hydrocity and Carnival Night would have to go for smallest, as they'd probably only be the size of a small city each.

5) Damn. I thought I'd beaten your Tails time by a minute :(.

Wait, does that mean that you could essentially do the two different sections at completely different times, add together your best, and see what you get?

Oh well! Time to start up the GCN again!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 02:12:14 am »
I'd say that would be considered the same as using a savestate, so in that case, no.

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 05:42:52 am »
But then if you were running a bad time for the second boss, you could "accidently" kill yourself and try again. Maybe there should be an extra section for that particular boss?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 12:23:01 pm »
But then if you were running a bad time for the second boss, you could "accidently" kill yourself and try again.
That's how checkpoints work too.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 03:02:04 pm »
1) I grew up with floating island, now I know it as angel island
2)It's in the ocean because the emeralds were stolen by Dr. Robotnick. That's y knuckles wanted sonic dead, he thought sonic took the emeralds.
3)Angel Island wasn't small in adventure/ Don't forget, it contained Red Mountain, Ice cap, and you fell to your death if you jumped off the shrine. That indicates that it was high up, with land underneath Cerain levels could have been anywhere in the unexplored region of the island.
4)Lava reef. No doubt.
5) I stop timing when it says zone cleared
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 03:02:39 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Rolken

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 04:11:37 pm »
3)Angel Island wasn't small in adventure/ Don't forget, it contained Red Mountain, Ice cap, and you fell to your death if you jumped off the shrine. That indicates that it was high up, with land underneath Cerain levels could have been anywhere in the unexplored region of the island.
I think the shrine itself is the only part that's actually considered Angel Island in Adventure (iirc there's a video of it falling into the ocean?)

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 01:49:29 am »
*Agrees with Rolken*

I'll have to dig that game out. Man, the Adventure games really did have poor replayability if I've forgotten them already, but still play Sonic 2 and S3&K regularly.

BTW, IIRC, at the end of Death Egg Zone 2, it doesn't say you cleared the zone.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 12:50:03 am »
Guys, blueblaze is right. That small island is floating above Angel Island and next to Angel Island's mountain.

3) Adventure is dumb.
No. :P

Offline The T

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 07:34:20 pm »
1. I always called it Angel Island. o_O;; I saw the first Zone name, and I associated it with the entire Island...

3. I always thought that there was ground below the Master Emerald's shrine, and Red Mountain and Icecap were part of it. The FMV with it falling in the ocean shows that it's huge.

Print

Hits: 98 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.