don't click here

Sonic Rush Adventure: Is it as good as Sonic Rush?

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Rush Adventure: Is it as good as Sonic Rush?  (Read 11466 times)

Offline MrNomad

Sonic Rush Adventure: Is it as good as Sonic Rush?
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:48:41 pm »
I've been trying to figure out whether or not to get SRA. I already have SR, played it a lot and is starting to get to the final extra zone. The only problem I have with SR is that, like New Super Mario Bros. and Contra 4, it's shorter than I wish it would be. What I wanna know is whether SRA is worth it or not. It's supposed to have wi-fi versus which sounded good to me, and I wish SR had that instead of just wireless.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Rush Adventure: Is it as good as Sonic Rush?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:45:55 pm »
Rush Adventure is pretty good. It has ups and downs in terms of quality differences like the fact that there are replays now + online compared to how a bunch of levels are kind of short now... but in terms of quantity, SRA blows the original out of the park. There's no question that there's about 4x the amount of content in this game when compared to rush. And that doesn't even count the artificially lengthened part of the game in which there's like 4 cutscenes before you and the next level.

Plus, I believe the price for the game is discounted now. You can't go wrong with picking this game up.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 03:47:05 am »
Rush Adventure is pretty good. It has ups and downs in terms of quality differences like the fact that there are replays now + online compared to how a bunch of levels are kind of short now... but in terms of quantity, SRA blows the original out of the park. There's no question that there's about 4x the amount of content in this game when compared to rush. And that doesn't even count the artificially lengthened part of the game in which there's like 4 cutscenes before you and the next level.

Plus, I believe the price for the game is discounted now. You can't go wrong with picking this game up.

I 100% agree with this statement. Sonic Rush Adventure is ALOT better than Rush. Every game has it's ups and downs anyway...

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:02:06 am »
Agreed with the above, but be prepared for the WORST Sonic character ever.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:12:38 am »
G'day mate.

Yeah SRA is way better than Rush, but then again thats not saying a lot from me because I found Rush boring as Hell to play.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:22:21 am »
Alright, from what I'm hearing then SRA would be very good to get. Too bad I have to buy it over amazon since the game stores I go to dont seem to have it (Or Bleach BoF or Contra 4 or any other great hardcore game for that matter). One of the guys I asked at gamestop said it wasn't good because it's music wasn't as good as SR's, which I found pretty odd since Rush's music wasn't that good to begin with.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 11:31:37 am »
I enjoyed both, but the level design and various tweaks in SRA make it the superior product (ie what others have said, so I'm redundant >_>).
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 01:09:12 pm »
since Rush's music wasn't that good to begin with.

Also SRA's music is good, but wasn't done by Hideki Naganuma so it's not quite the same. Some of it is done in imitation of his style, some not so much.

Also I don't understand why anybody in their right mind would buy stuff from a high-street store rather than from Amazon marketplace. On the high-street SRA would be like £20/30, Amazon UK marketplace has it as low as £7.50!

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 02:17:48 pm »
maybe I should play SRA some more >_>

also I didn't very much like the music in Rush either.  there were like 3 tracks that were good, but the rest was getting on my nerves.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 07:09:35 pm »
I found SRA to be the best recent Sonic game; and one of my favorites ever. Marine was annoying, but fun to watch at others' expense. Her relentless annoyance of the other characters was hilarious. :D

Sure, the Rush series doesn't play like the old 2D games, but I doubt that they were supposed to. The whole idea was to get to the finish with speed in mind and using the advantage of the boost and tricks. It's certainly not just "hold right to win" as most people say, as you're actually keeping things in check.

Adventure shook things up a bit with it's mostly referred to "unnecessary replayability gimmicks" but I wouldn't blame them as progression through the game can get tiring. I still think that the waterbike and submarine were fun to play, though.

also I didn't very much like the music in Rush either.  there were like 3 tracks that were good, but the rest was getting on my nerves.

do do do do do
do do do do (ska cha cha)
do do do do-do do-do
do do do do (ska cha cha)

>.>
<.<

*ChaoRC shot

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 09:37:57 pm »
maybe I should play SRA some more >_>

To give it credit, I did like some of the music in SR, it has that JSR style to it. But to me, It would've been better to have a soundtrack like the old 2d sonic games. Also, ya you should play SRA somore, then we could do online matches and stuff :p

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 07:39:04 pm »
Woot finally came in from the mail. And so far, I am enjoying it more than Sonic Rush. Online versus and ranking + much bigger content = :D

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 10:14:46 pm »
Nomad to be quite honest the official rankings are horribly broken due to ARers >_>

Well they were last time I checked anyway
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:10:36 am »
Nomad to be quite honest the official rankings are horribly broken due to ARers >_>

Well they were last time I checked anyway
Yeah I recently noticed that > > No problem, that's why there's a ranking system on this site :P

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 10:47:41 pm »
SRA had great music then SR. I like SRA a little bit better then SR. I still love both games.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline iSonicKid2K

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 01:27:14 am »
Oh yeah. Sonic Rush Adventure is just as good as the original.
Always get there on time or early!

Print

Hits: 336 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.