don't click here

will this record count...?

Print

Author Topic: will this record count...?  (Read 9619 times)

will this record count...?
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »
According to this site the world record time for Flying Battery Zone act 2 as Sonic in Sonic & Knuckles is 3:14. My best time in that zone is 3:04, however I am unsure if it will be approved. In order for me to get that time it requires a glitch that starts in act 1 and carries over into act 2. Glitches are part of the game, and that's how many people got these record times but I am unsure if this one will count since it starts in a different level.

I looked in the competition rules for Sonic & Knuckles and it says nothing about glitches.

Will my time count?

Offline FoxBoy

• Too lay to submit stats
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • 403 Error - Unauthorized to see personal text.
    • View Profile
Re: will this record count...?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »
No, you have to time attack the level. (level select?) So glitches may not roll over.
I'm user number 2576!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:11:00 pm »
Wrong. That time is legitimate.

I am interested on the particulars of this glitch, though.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:14:09 pm »
S3&K rules state that you can start the target level via Level Select, OR from the Act 1 signpost. (This means that your carry-over glitch counts, as long as you tagged the act 1 signpost)

However, you'll probably need to record said glitch to be believed.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:59:16 am »
Wrong. That time is legitimate.

I am interested on the particulars of this glitch, though.

concur'd...

please inform us of the broken sonic!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 07:37:29 am »
I'm guessing he got a slope glitch like in the TAS. but after looking at the TAS it seems you need sonic and tails to perform it so it wouldn't be allowed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:54:27 am by fuzzerd »

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 01:24:18 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the rules govern the time attack by itself, and NOT the pre-level preparation?
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline Parax

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 01:59:36 pm »
I'm guessing he got a slope glitch like in the TAS. but after looking at the TAS it seems you need sonic and tails to perform it so it wouldn't be allowed.

S+T has been allowed for a while.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 03:26:09 pm »

as para said, S+T ban was repealed a while back... (poor Doug)

Unless you mean that it has to be 2P controlled, in which case it's still disallowed... I don't know the specifics, which makes me even more curious...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:25:11 pm »

as para said, S+T ban was repealed a while back... (poor Doug)

Unless you mean that it has to be 2P controlled, in which case it's still disallowed... I don't know the specifics, which makes me even more curious...
Yeah, rules needs moar not picking on me :(

Also irrespective of whether it's banned (or will be banned), if you've pulled off something as funky as this sounds you'll get kudos regardless :)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 05:29:18 pm »
well it looks to me like it needs to be tail controlled, but I don't really know how its pulled off in the TAS.  but I thought the repeal was for sonic 2 only and not sonic 3&k.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 05:08:17 am »
well it looks to me like it needs to be tail controlled, but I don't really know how its pulled off in the TAS.  but I thought the repeal was for sonic 2 only and not sonic 3&k.

It was for all games, iirc, sans Sdva1

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 09:17:10 pm »

Yes, that is exactly what I got, but there is a way to do it with just Sonic alone. And I guess you discovered it too, since you broke my record already XD grats, though.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 01:18:57 am »
no I didn't. I'd still like to know how to get the slope glitch so that I can really pwn this level :/

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 06:17:30 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e80gVG_tCTk

Watch that video. It is a part of my single segment speed run of Sonic 3 & Knuckles that I have put on YouTube. In that video I finish Flying Battery Act 1 in 1:55 and Flying Battery Act 2 in 3:08, as I have already submitted. I pull off the glitch somewhat successfully, although if I get it 100% smoothly my best time is 3:01. It starts out in Mushroom Hill Act 2 so you can skip past that if you want.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 05:34:29 pm »
well I put my 2:58 on youtube now. and managed to use the slope glitch to get 2:52 thanks for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYfB_-MPvqs

I think that the glitch I used towards the end is a little bit harder on console because the keyboard is a bit more accurate.

Print

Hits: 102 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.