don't click here

Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) topic.

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) topic.  (Read 91845 times)

Offline flying fox

Re: Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) topic.
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2008, 06:52:14 am »
lol, he only said "nice" >_<

Yeah I know but its still a nice comment XD

Anyway how the hell did Paraxade get 1:54 on DR1 night?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2008, 06:59:29 am »

I don't know, but I really have to speedrun that level again when I'm at full strength!
There's still many things I'm missing because my Werehog isn't at full power.

I also need to get my DR1 day record back, but I'd have to have a perfect run there, and the level is so difficult for speedrunning >_<

I should also improve my boss times at some point..
Gonna make sure I have as few points as possible when Da1 comes around cause I know what he did in the early stages of Sonic2006. He did the same to SUWii.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2008, 07:10:09 am »
Ah! Well then I better put some more stats in and get better.

The only time that DA1 doesn't scare me is at Sonic 06. I've taken several records from him and other pros as well. I was doing so well at Sonic 06. I only stopped competing in it to compete in SU. When I'm done with SU I will be going back to Sonic 06.

Anyway better go and play some SU and get better stats.

Offline Parax

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2008, 06:04:42 am »

I just tried to go fast and got that. :P I'm sure it's beatable... by far the most annoying parts are the enemy fights though.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2008, 09:24:53 am »
Thats what I did, but I got 2:00 could've got 1:58 if it wasn't for that pole thing going in and out near the end. Hmm the first fight wasn't nearly as good as it should be.

What combo do you use to get through the rocks quickly? I use X X A and something else. Is there a faster way to get through there?

Offline Parax

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2008, 09:27:15 am »
For the rocks I just spam Y. Takes one combo to break them down.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2008, 11:11:13 am »
Thanks I'll give that a go. It sounds easier than the one I used. I don't think I can beat your time but anywhere near it is good enough for me :)

Phew got my WI1 score record back. Need to get working on the others.

Final you asked me earlier on in the topic about tips on a max werehog. Heres one you've probably already done it but while you aren't at max strength, I suggest you do the score records first in the earlier levels. I had a bit of trouble doing WI1. I was too strong and knocked out a few blue enemies so missed out on a few critical attacks. Luckliy I've sorted it out now just made sure I wasn't too close to them when attacking.

Oh yeah and a max strength werehog is a lot faster at taking down the Titans and Big Mothers when your time attacking. Just really obvious tips. Thats all I can give you at the mo. If I think of anything else I'll post in here again.

« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2008, 06:07:28 am »
hmm just here to say Merry Christmas to all of you hope you have a good time ;)

Xbox live Gamertag = Dx I Stealth xx

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2008, 02:30:51 pm »
Thanks, and yeah, merry Christmas to all!  :D

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2008, 02:56:27 pm »
Merry X-mas!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »
Merry X-mas to all of you!!! Sorry for being the one who wrote the 100th reply, 'cause I don't even have participated of this topic :/. Let me ask something about unleashed... I've never played it, but I see the videos, of PS2 and 360... I've noticed something I want to know... why don't you use spindash in your videos? It's only your choice, or the game don't have it?
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2008, 04:42:23 pm »
why don't you use spindash in your videos? It's only your choice, or the game don't have it?

The spindash isn't in the HD versions. And for the non-HD versions, you can only spindash at the beginning like a small start boost from Mario Kart, or when you use the boost while touching a boost panel. Just a small added feature, but can't be used normally.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »
why don't you use spindash in your videos? It's only your choice, or the game don't have it?

The spindash isn't in the HD versions. And for the non-HD versions, you can only spindash at the beginning like a small start boost from Mario Kart, or when you use the boost while touching a boost panel. Just a small added feature, but can't be used normally.
Oh... so sad :/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline flying fox

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2008, 05:56:32 pm »
Indeed. ZOMG 100 replys on this topic XD. Also...

Merry Christmas guys!

Hope you have a good one :D

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2008, 08:10:25 pm »

You Forgot one thing, You can also Only Spindash when you change from 3D to 2D and When on a "Ground Rail" (no not a RAIL a Rail I.e. when you can't move Left or Right (oh noes Sonic06 all over again!) anyway, Merry Christmas, X-mas, Merry Birthday! And all that other junk :) (Also, Drink lots of Eggnog)
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline flying fox

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2008, 09:26:43 am »
Just noticed that DA1 has arrived on the 360 charts... in style as always. So I'm gonna try and get as many good stats as possible.

You were right final DR1 night can go sub 2 infact sub 1.50 wasn't expecting it to go that low :)

EDIT: Just noticed your new time for DR1 night final. Nice one extrememly close to mine :D

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2008, 01:04:42 pm »
EDIT: Just noticed your new time for DR1 night final. Nice one extrememly close to mine :D
Yeah, I'll wait till I max out strength and then go for the record.

Also, Da1's pretty clever going for the act 2's and 3's records, knowing that they're much shorter levels and thus easier to master.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2008, 01:16:13 pm »
Yeah thats a smart move. I'll probably be doing thats when I do the day stages.

Fke took my DR1 night record again. I don't know how he does it. Whenever I take a record, later that day or the next day he takes it back but its gone much lower. I had no idea it could go down to 1:41. I will also be trying to get it back but not yet.

I'm trying my best with the night stages so that DA1 won't take any records. Its taking me a while to score attack. Some of them I've been lucky. I have to be so careful when attacking in the earlier stages. I'm going to have trouble with CE becasue of the ice.

As for TAing well again I'll have to try my best :(

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2008, 10:03:46 pm »
Alright, improve some stats today, mainly on the smaller levels. Saved 11 points ^_^

Offline flying fox

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2008, 06:47:52 am »
Nice one. Also I have reclaimed my Egg Beetle record. I finally figured out what fke did but tweaked it a bit more to get it down to sub 0:42. I was right my strat was nearly perfect so nice one fke I was very impressed with what you did to beat me by 5 secs.

EDIT: I tied with Paraxade on Dark Gaia Phoenix and that is eactly what I wanted to do XD

There is no point TAing this boss again for 2 reasons. 1) The run looked perfect and it took me an hour and a half to get that so trying to get lower than that would take hours. 2) I got the same time as 1st place so thats still a record to me. I don't mind sharing records :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:42:37 am by Flying Fox »

Offline DDC20XL

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2008, 05:33:14 pm »
Finalrush... I beat your skyscraper scamperer time.... BY 1 MILLISECOND 0_o

Edit: Scratch that... I tried again and ended up w/ 2:21:17!

Ex Edit (0_o): Nice 1 final! I'll keep trying too!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:27:12 pm by DDC20XL »

Offline Parax

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2008, 05:38:13 pm »
My Egg Beetle time is only 44. :( I've got no idea how you all are getting 42 and 41. Guess I need to experiment some more...

Offline BattleAxeRX

« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2008, 02:15:36 am »
I think I found a glitch... After playing Dragon Road Day 1 for a long time trying to beat the current record of 3:01 I all of a sudden had Sonic doing way faster jumps and if I boost jumped (jumped while boosting) it would send Sonic flying at some parts... It saved me a whole second within 20 seconds or so... Uhh, what the heck? I have no idea how to reproduce the glitch, but after I completed the stage it went away and sonic turned into a snail (I could restart the level and die, but completing the stage fixes it)

Has there been any word on this yet? Is this glitch something you can do in any level?
It is better to give than to receive.

Offline DDC20XL

« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2008, 05:03:18 am »
hmm nah i don't think its happened on my skyscraper scamperer runs... Tough i have seen 1 glitch there that has the potential to reduce times by about 2 seconds, unfortunately i can't seem to replicate it.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2008, 10:15:44 am »
My Egg Beetle time is only 44. :( I've got no idea how you all are getting 42 and 41. Guess I need to experiment some more...

I'll help if you could give me some tips on Egg Lancer please?

Also about the missing 10 rings in Arid Sands, did you try the left corner as soon you start behind the pots? Thats where me and final missed them.

Damn it I lost Egg Beetle record I'll have to it again some other time. WTH I lost both JJ night score records!!! Thats it I'll going to get them back.

EDIT: Some advide please guys. I've TAed Egg Devil Ray finally worked out some little tricks that help, but as you know it really depends on the right pattern (as in the fewer barriers the better) to get a good time. After 3 - 4 hours of playing time I finally got 0:50:13 very close to the record. Is there any point in TAing again. I'd rather put the time to something else and I reckon it'll take ages for to beat my time. I'm thinking no leave it but what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:22:31 am by Flying Fox »

Offline Parax

« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »
Egg Lancer is mostly about managing boosts and collecting rings. Try to boost as long as possible and pick up as many rings as you can. As far as the actual strat, you need to hit it by boosting into it three times per cycle, and nail the QTEs to kill it in two cycles.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2008, 06:04:03 pm »
Thought it might be except for the hit it 3 times per cycle. Thanks for that :)

My strat for Egg Beetle:
Grab some rings and boost straight away. When you're right in front of the pincers home attack the boss then boost again. Hold back when you're in front of the pincers, time it carefully so you can boost towards the boss just as the pincers open. Keep boosting till Egg Beetle gets back up, then hold back when you're in front of the pincers and boost again just as the pincers open. Again keep boosting till the boss gets back up and you're in front of the pincers, hold back and home attack again. Boost again to the boss, then hold back and boost just as the pincers open. This strat used properly will guarantee you a time of around 47 secs. So yeah there's a lot of boosting, timing and holding back involved.

Remember this. My post from the hydro BS topic. Instead of one homing attack you just do two. This way you'll defeat Egg Beetle in 2 cycles instead of three. I can't believe the answer was that simple :P

Yeah this should give you 42 secs. Hope that helps you :)

« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2009, 01:33:59 am »
Er, anyone trying to top my AS1 TA? Must be one of the more avoided levels. I topped my 2:20:66 recently, and improved by 82 milliseconds, granting me a time of 2:19:84. :p

btw, sup PoT ^^

Offline Parax

« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2009, 03:31:25 am »
I've tried it a few times and I can never get anything lower than the high 2:30s. :( I'm probably missing a shortcut or two somewhere.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2009, 07:38:20 am »
I don't have much time for the next few weeks, but my next important target after Adabat1 (That's just my level) will be Arid Sands.

I just recently found another small cut which will probable get me a sub2:30.
Also gotta experiment on skipping the second wall run section, I did it once before.

nmu, Runidraga? =D

Print

Hits: 1,005 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.