don't click here

Penultimate Unleashed news topic

Print

Author Topic: Penultimate Unleashed news topic  (Read 73241 times)

Offline Firstkirbyever

Re: Penultimate Unleashed news topic
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 03:36:39 am »
Another Thing That Should be Noted, For 360/PS3 that Most Trick ramps you are able to go back and go off again. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cg1QFdHREU. (which Trick Ramps Give you points Every time you Succeed) Going off Trick Ramps more then Once Should be Banned Due to the fact you can Redo this over and Over and get Infinite Points (you can also reach the Trick ramp W/o ring energy Sometimes), Mazuri Act 1 is the only level i know (for now) that cannot use this glitch.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Parax

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 03:47:06 am »
Since in pretty much all cases with this glitch you have to intentionally backtrack a bit and go off the ramp again, this could be easily dealt with with a rule.

Score Divisions
You may not gain points from the same trick ramp more than once.

Worded that way mostly so if you do end up backtracking for whatever reason, you can still go on with the run in cases where taking said ramp is the only way to proceed.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 03:50:43 am »
Since in pretty much all cases with this glitch you have to intentionally backtrack a bit and go off the ramp again, this could be easily dealt with with a rule.

Score Divisions

Worded that way mostly so if you do end up backtracking for whatever reason, you can still go on with the run in cases where taking said ramp is the only way to proceed.
That is inconsistent with rulings for other games (I'm thinking advance 2 specifically).  I am not pro inconsistency :(
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Parax

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2008, 03:55:20 am »
Advance 2 has time over, Unleashed does not. It's perfectly consistent, scalping is always banned when it can be avoided and can lead to infinite score (it doesn't with time over).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:10:14 am by Paraxade »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2008, 11:00:32 am »
Okay, consistency's nice and all, but shouldn't making a coherent set of rules for the game at hand come before making it similar to other games? If said trick breaks this game but not Advance 2, then ban it here and here only. >_>

Same story with boss divisions: Unleashed has infinite rings available during bosses, whereas Sonic '06 does not. So Unleashed would get stuck with just a times chart (i.e. the boss division we use for Adventure charts), whereas Sonic '06 can have times, scores, and rings.

And thirded for rings divisions (which I'm still against, but I'm not winning this argument on an error by the other side >_>): if one small area has infinitely regenerating rings in one level, then you just ban picking up rings a second time as in Sonic 1, or subtract them from the total. It's pretty obvious when the pattern repeats itself on the conveyor belts in Eggmanland, and the goal of competition rules shouldn't be to cater to the stupid. Heck, if you get hurt during the run, you could lose half of those rings, at which point subtracting the extras you gained on the belt leaves you worse off than not collecting them at all. Obviously, this applies to scores as well via ring bonuses.

If you guys really want a failproof method to deciding who's best at all aspects of the game without any room for debate, then clearly we should just have a single time chart for Eggmanland, and a single time chart for the final boss. That includes every style of play from the entire game there. :P
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 01:16:47 pm »
Advance 2 has time over, Unleashed does not. It's perfectly consistent, scalping is always banned when it can be avoided and can lead to infinite score (it doesn't with time over).
Ah, ok.  In that case a ban seems the sensible option.  Also I need to get a copy some time, it being early on gives me a chance to be high up in a 3D game (which of course is one of the signs of the impending Apocalypse :D)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 02:02:08 pm »
I guess all we need now is to figure out whether to have rings/missions and to make sure there's no issue with werehog scores? Times are probably good to go already. I'm in favor of having a rings division. Missions are probably not going to be competed in as much, plus they don't give you much time to check your time, don't save your best, etc... let's just skip those unless there's a reason not to. I'll mess with the infinite combo thing today and see whether there's actually an issue.

Hm... Right then. As I said, missions are pointless as stats aren't tracked and as was mentioned, there's not enough time to see your stat which would result in guess-timation. Case closed as far as I'm concerned. It's not like SatSR's misisons since those were tracked. Same with the SRA argument.

Rings division, I'm in favor of also. Are there any issues with rings in the Werehog stages as far as respawning is considered?
If not, it would be best, as Thorn mentioned, to ax the division entirely for all charts.

And yeah, Bosses should be strictly limited to Time divisions.

Oh and I hope to be getting Unleashed 360 sometime soon even though my dad's 260 is out of commission. :)
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline flying fox

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 02:56:33 pm »
Just to let you know...

Sonic Unleashed is finally coming out tomorrow in Europe and I will be getting the 360 version. I have A LOT and I do mean A LOT of spare time on my hands. This is because I am currently unemployed (people with aspergers find it very hard to get a job) and I am looking after my mum. She has a disability and I am an only child so I am her carer so I'm at home a lot. To cut a long story short if you guys need any help with the charts I'll be happy to help out. It looks you have everything under control but I thought I tell you just in case you want some more help. If you do let me know on what ok :)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 03:13:18 pm »
All the best with your situation, Flying Fox. I mean it.

In other news, I just got an S Rank on EggmanLand and I vidded it too. I'll be uploading it to YTsometime soon. Look out for it! I just spent the last hour or so trying speed runs in EL and BOY was it ever frustrating. 50 takes later!! XD

Zee first successful run through the stage, I was doing REALLY REALLY well, until the end. The curvy road messed me up. But I'm glad it did because now I know how to get around it properly.

The second successful run, I had a better time but still no S Rank. And in many areas, I didn't get a new record to beat all the really good records from my first run.

The third successful run, I beat it in... uhh... I forget. XD But I could've definitely gotten 4'10 or even 4'05! :D

I only fell off ONCE and it was because the enemy JUST electrocuted me at the very end!! :( Darn.
Wiiloveit

Offline Parax

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 03:19:01 pm »
there's not enough time to see your stat which would result in guess-timation. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

There's enough time to see the stat on 360, but it's still only a few seconds.

Rings division, I'm in favor of also. Are there any issues with rings in the Werehog stages as far as respawning is considered?
If not, it would be best, as Thorn mentioned, to ax the division entirely for all charts.

As far as I know, no. Since I'm pretty sure that you can't infinite-lap around the lap races, then unless there's a backtracking trick (you never did answer that, Thorn) Eggmanland is the only level with ring respawning issues. Also, you mean "if so", right?

Flying Fox: Some more opinions would be good, so go ahead and post whatever you want when you get the game.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 03:24:10 pm »
Paraxade: Yeah "if so". And obviously, I was referring to the WII version.
Wiiloveit

Offline flying fox

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 03:28:27 pm »
Flying Fox: Some more opinions would be good, so go ahead and post whatever you want when you get the game.

I'll be happy to help :D

To KS8: Thanks :)

Back to Sonic Unleashed I have seen some videos from DsS, Paraxade and somebody else (who got 2 min 48 secs on Apotos) and it looks fun to TA. Can't wait!

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 03:33:12 pm »
Sonic Unleashed is REALLY fun to TA. TA'ing EggmanLand just now was nuts.
Wiiloveit

Offline flying fox

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 06:35:26 pm »
Definately have to agree with you there even though I haven't played the game yet. I was really amazed when I saw the video on Apotos, Sonic can go really fast. My favourite game (at the mo, but SU will probably beat it) is Sonic 06 and my favourite parts are the mach speed parts.  I love it when Sonic can go really fast.

As for EggmanLand, I saw a part of Paraxade's video on it and it was sub 15 mins long. Now I'm guessing that this act/satge/level is not fun to TA. I will watch his video in full tomorrow when I'm uploading my next vid.

Now I really can't wait to play it :D

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 02:18:13 pm »
Got the PS2 version today.. and I have to say, it's really fun.

The Werehog levels were well implemented (Although the idea is a bit iffy), and the speed levels are fun, I haven't noticed any glitches yet that the 3D games love to have.

And Homing attack isn't retarded =D

Edit: And that Night of the Werehog thing was cute.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:37:51 pm by TyrantWave »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 05:31:27 pm »
renting the PS2 version and having a pretty good time with it... it seems a LOT easier to handle and s-rank than SA or SA2...  not sure why that is, really, but I suppose I don't mind.

Werehog levels are pretty fun, but I wish it were a little more balanced... to me, this is kinda like if SA was 80% gamma and only 20% sonic... which, while I like gamma levels (a lot, heh) is NOT what I'd like from a game like this...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Parax

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 12:47:45 am »
fke won't post for some reason, but he's in favor of ring/mission charts and thinks Eggmanland score/rings should be excluded.

Offline Parax

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 04:29:10 pm »
Another new glitch, affecting scores/times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHo6szzTe6s

This is pretty much the same thing SA2 had, so just to copy/paste that rule:

Time Divisions
If you restart the level between the mission being completed and your time being saved, by dying or otherwise, your time doesn't count.

Score Divisions
If you restart the level between the mission being completed and your score being saved, by dying or otherwise, your score doesn't count.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 04:34:12 pm »
From what I see, this glitch does not appear to work on the wii version. I grabbed the goal ring, restarted, and nothing happened.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Parax

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 12:20:29 am »
Anyway, as far as 360 charts are concerned, any more issues? The three major ones that were brought up were ring charts, mission charts, and EML score/rings. The ring charts consensus seems clear, as everyone except Thorn has been in favor of having them. EML and mission charts we still haven't reached a consensus on. I'm still against EML score/rings, as it's the sort of thing where how many you pick up depends on how fast you go down the belt. You can also easily pick up extra rings by accident as boosting pulls them in. Opinions on mission charts seem to be mixed, the main point against them being that your time isn't saved and the game gives you very little time to check it.

Any other thoughts? I'd like to see the charts go up soon, and things seem to have slowed down.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 05:14:45 pm »
I only have the Wii, would I be a total loser and waste my money if I get the Wii version? Besides the fact that it might not be tracked on TSC, is the Wii version that much crappier than the 360/PS3 version?
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 05:58:34 pm »
The wii version is still quite good, and some people actually like it better than the 360. Though that is personal opinion, not fact (as in PS2 heroes vs GC heroes, where there is no debating it).

And TSC will definately track wii version. Charts should go up...well they should be up by now, but hopefully soon >_>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:18:38 pm by Ring Rush »
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:36 pm »
Get those preconcieved notions out of your head. The Wii version is NOT crappy.

And RingRush, I can't wait for the Unleashed charts to go up! This is like when we first brought SatSR charts up. Thsoe were good times. Heh.

*ks8 is dying for Unleashed 360*

Oh and might I add that I'd like to retract my earlier comment: In missions, there is enough time to *quickly* spot your stat. But are they worth adding, is the question? Some aren't (like EggmanLand TA1) but some are as they have new areas of the stage that weren't seen in the Goal mission (like in Adabat, for example).

Thoughts, then?
Wiiloveit

Offline flying fox

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 01:02:42 pm »
Since the game came out in America a week and a half before Europe, obviously I am nowhere near to finishing the game.  However I can still help out with the charts a bit and I have been watching a lot of videos of it on Youtube.

Eggmanland can't have score/ring competition because there's a conveyer belt early on in the level with infinite rings.

There's a few other issues too with scores: first off how would score competition on bosses work? A lot of Sonic's bosses have infinite rings, so maybe just drop score/ring boss competition? Also two issues with Werehog score attacking, specifically about combos: first, as being lower-leveled allows you to deal less damage to an enemy, if you don't have strength leveled up you'd be able to get higher combos on enemies. The second is potentially infinite comboing off one enemy by having a nearby wizard repeatedly heal... I'm not sure how easy/possible it is to do this but it seems plausible.

Rings division:
I would be quite happy to have charts up for day and night stages. I agree with Paraxade for EggmanLand to have no ring competition because of that belt thing and he same applies for the bosses.

Times division:
I see no problems here.

Scores division:
I saw the video from 1stKirbyever about this ramp trick infinite score trick. I agree that this trick should be banned. Again agree with Paraxade for no score competition on EggmanLand and Bosses.

I'll post any more opinions if there is any and the chart hasn't gone up yet.

Offline Parax

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 04:58:01 pm »
Unleashed 360 charts may as well be ready to go up then, as barely anyone's posting anything new, and from what's been posted general consensus seems to be to have rings and scrap EML score/rings. Mission charts can go up later, if at all, after more discussion.

EDIT: Recap (table stolen from Thorn):

T = Time
S = Score
R = Rings
B = Boss
DayNight
TotalTSBTSB

Windmill Isle 1TSRTSR
Windmill Isle 2TSRTSR
Windmill Isle 3TSR
Savannah Citadel 1TSRTSR
Savannah Citadel 2TSRTSR
Savannah Citadel 3TSR
Cool Edge 1TSRTSR
Cool Edge 2TSR
Dragon Road 1TSRTSR
Dragon Road 2TSRTSR
Dragon Road 3TSR
Rooftop Run 1TSRTSR
Rooftop Run 2TSR
Rooftop Run 3TSR
Arid Sands 1TSRTSR
Arid Sands 2TSR
Skyscraper Scamper 1TSRTSR
Skyscraper Scamper 2TSR
Jungle Joyride 1TSRTSR
Jungle Joyride 2TSRTSR
Jungle Joyride 3TSR
EggmanlandT
Tornado Defense 1S
Tornado Defense 2S

Egg BeetleB
Dark Gaia PhoenixB
Dark MorayB
Egg Devil RayB
Dark GuardianB
Egg LancerB
Egg DragoonB
Dark GaiaB

Time Divisions
If you restart the level between the mission being completed and your time being saved, by dying or otherwise, your time doesn't count.

Score Divisions
If you restart the level between the mission being completed and your score being saved, by dying or otherwise, your score doesn't count.

Unleashed 360 time format is mm:ss:cc. Ring counts can contain up to 4 digits. Scores don't have to end in 0.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:28:26 pm by Paraxade »

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:40 pm »
Yay! Wii Charts up. Niiiiice! Heh heh.
Looking forward to getting the 360 version! :D
Wiiloveit

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2008, 12:10:30 am »
Eggmanland is so epic it deserves at least score charts, because in the long scheme of things, getting hit on that coveyer and losing 20 rings, then picking up 8 in a line that have respawned and getting off it a. impacts negativley on your ending score b. a couple of lines of 8 rings is going to have minimal, if any, impact on your eggmanland score, c. youre probably going to die before the end and lose them again anyway.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2008, 01:28:53 pm »
Rolken forgot to link totals correctly in the Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2 charts. <_<

I added the level totals (second game to use it; first game was Secret Rings) and linked everything properly. All players will have to submit at least one time per level (i.e. one in Apatos, one in Spagonia, etc.) in order for the totals to be calculated properly.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2008, 04:31:21 pm »
Wait, how would that work?  Typically, time totals are only done when ALL times are submitted, because the goal is to have the least time.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2008, 04:47:24 pm »
Submitting new stats will cause the level totals to be recalculated...

i.e. when you submit to apotos 1 (and have submitted to the rest of apotos already), it'll cause the site to re calculate your total...  however, until you submit a new stat to each area (or re-sub a stat), they'll stay borked as they are now...

Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 345 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.