don't click here

Al Qaeda Suspects "Making Detonators Out Of Sega Cartridges"

Print

Author Topic: Al Qaeda Suspects "Making Detonators Out Of Sega Cartridges"  (Read 3842 times)

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
Al Qaeda Suspects "Making Detonators Out Of Sega Cartridges"
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »
http://kotaku.com/5075231/al-qaeda-suspects-making-detonators-out-of-sega-cartridges

So it's true - there really is a link between violence and video games. In an otherwise run of the mill article on how the next US President will have to deal with the issue of detainees at Guantanamo Bay, the New York Times printed this little nugget:

One detainee is said to have been schooled in making detonators out of SEGA game cartridges.

Nobody at Kotaku (especially those who frequently travel overseas) has any idea if that is even possible, or why SEGA specifically, but the story seems to originate from the case of Hassan Bin Attash - a seventeen year old (at time of capture) detainee that several human rights organisations claim was tortured in Jordan before being held in Gitmo. Possibly, after a few months of waterboarding a weaponized copy of Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron might seem more credible.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Blast Processing".

Offline Azure

Re: Al Qaeda Suspects "Making Detonators Out Of Sega Cartridges"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:25:01 pm »
What a pun, GS.

Actually, that's quite interesting. Gives me some ideas...

Perhaps I've said too much.

Offline P.P.A.

Re: Al Qaeda Suspects "Making Detonators Out Of Sega Cartridges"
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:32:45 am »
GS stole that pun from me. in fact.
If it wasn't so irrelevant I'd get the chatlog.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Print

Hits: 185 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.