don't click here

Hmm..

Print

Author Topic: Hmm..  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Kmacc

Hmm..
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:22:29 pm »
I've been wanting to play another sonic to try and get a good rank. I just don't know which one to pick though. For now my gaming time is limited, but once this semester ends at school I get a month break. I was hoping for a game with a learning curve that isn't too big or complex, and hopefully isn't too difficult. The games I have are SA2:B, SA:DX, SH, and whichever ones come on Gems and Mega Collection.

Any suggestions?

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: Hmm..
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:14:07 pm »
try sonic 1, sonic 3d blast (if you can put up with the controls and non traditional play style that is, score and rings are easy), sonic 2, S3, SA2

SA1 is a maybe, and only play Heroes if you can tolerate anything about that game.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Mo

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:12:48 pm »
Sonic Heroes might work for you,but speedrunning can be really annoying in that game
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:23:25 pm »
Get rid of those unsightly blue ranks by competing again on Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:49:07 am »
Get rid of those unsightly blue ranks by competing again on Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 03:19:53 am »
Sonic 1 RAing, from Green Hill 2 to Labyrinth 3 inclusively. The rest of the RAs are a lot harder.
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 06:25:11 am »
I agree with all of the above, but add EHZ1 RA for a bit of a feel (or at least easy stats) for S2...

and probably leaning strongest towards S3DB if you can get good with the controls (the ONLY game that I CANNOT play on emulator...  I'm better on console, about 90% of the time, but S3BD becomes unplayable)

If you want to try at all for the GG games, they really aren't that bad... especially thanks to Sprint, who posts his movies on his most excellent runs.

I'd personally say that you could try some TUSC stuff as well, but I'm sure that's not your style, since most people dislike it ^_^
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 07:16:26 am »
tusc has some pretty easy records.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 05:12:37 pm »
Yeah... because there's so little competition, there's only a few levels that are completely annihilated...  I mean, my 100% S2Delta doesn't even have about 50% of the levels done!

There are places, however, where 1st place is pushing impossible...  mostly because of a few combined efforts by speedrunners...  like SS1 GH1 (which was Eredani and I forcing each other to improve...)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »
I'm probably gonna start off with those 3 that I already am ranked poorly in since most of you say that. :p

Any tips or help is greatly appriciated! Thank you. :)

Offline Azure

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 07:46:20 am »
If you start competing in SADX, I'll be glad to help out.

Print

Hits: 115 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.