don't click here

My first record -- YAYZ!

Print

Author Topic: My first record -- YAYZ!  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Muzozavr

My first record -- YAYZ!
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:23 am »
Sorry, I was too lazy to record this as a GIZ (since this is somewhat annoying) and it's improvable by a couple of seconds because I suck, but anyway.

Sandopolis 1 as Tails is now 1:20 due to a HUGE timesaver.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!
What I messed up is the first "sand flow" (I forgot that I had to press jump :O) and the boss battle because I was too wimpy to try and nail that "last hit" on the boss after a glitch that was somewhat difficult for me.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Thankfully I always savestate the "sweet moment of victory" so I have a screenshot.
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/5509/proofwb6.png

But for the GIZ, and therefore unfakable proof, you'll have to wait until I'll be able to pull it off again.

EDIT: GIZed, and also redone the first section, making it 1:16.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:16:36 am by Muzozavr »
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline amyrose918

• TSC Profile
  • iphone safari
  • keep your feet ready, heartbeat steady, eyes open
    • View Profile
Re: My first record -- YAYZ!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 03:20:35 pm »
Congrats :)
Don't let my cute looks fool you!

Probably the only TSC member that wears glitter nail polish :/

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 03:46:29 pm »
crazy, wheres the giz?

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 03:57:56 pm »
I plan to wait for a little while before uploading the GIZ, to give the glitch-lovers a challenge. But if you really want it, I'm in process of making a voice-dubbed YouTube video, and you could look at it.

It's just too tempting to look at a giz when it's right on the forum, as opposed to Youtube, though my channel is easy to find, but it's not directly "here", therefore it's not as tempting to spoil yourself. Trust me, I know this from a few games.

If after a while nobody beats me, I'll upload the GIZ anyway though. :P
EDIT: Uploading this one right now. I have the same nickname on Youtube, so it'll be really easy to find.

Didn't trim the beginning because of laziness, and didn't fix the retarded voicing right after the glitch because of laziness again.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:25:55 pm by Muzozavr »

Offline flying fox

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 05:38:20 pm »
Cool, you beat Eredani by a massive 41 seconds. Well done! :D

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:44:12 pm »
If not for the glitch, I'd never be able to do so, cause I suck at speedruns. :D
Oh god, Youtube's uploading is slooooow...

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 07:17:12 pm »
 Awesome. Great glitch, unfortunately for you I managed to get 1:15 the first time I did the glitch :D.  I think theres probably a couple more seconds to be shaved though.  I love when glitches turn a level into essentially 15 seconds of gameplay (points to my GH2 time).

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 07:57:43 pm »
'gratz on the glitch... another amazing find that annihilates levels that used to be very very difficult... ^_^
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:26 pm »
Simply awesome glitching.  Shame SkyLights is a bitch and has it beaten already, but that was some good stuff anyway.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:04:08 pm »
I love when glitches turn a level into essentially 15 seconds of gameplay
be destroyed >:(

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 01:41:44 am »
Wait, what?
I understand 1:14 by fixing the stupider mistakes in the beginning and the boss battle, but 1:11?
How do you get to the glitching spot that fast? I've tried to spindash-fly instead of slowly flying up to the glitch spot, but failed every time.
Now it's my turn to wonder "WTF" and try to shave off these last seconds... Now my house will have to hear "Oh sh*t" "Stop Record" and "Record" A LOT. :P

And it's just too sad that you can't do it with Sonic or Knuckles... Well, maybe Knux could superglide *exactly* so he goes up when he needs so, but not Sonic. :(

About the glitch:
Well, I actually not only found a glitch, but know EXACTLY what happens. (leftover bragging)
If you fly along the very top row of the loop, at some point it ejects you UP, regardless whether a wall is already located there. Needless to say, you get stuck in a wall, and with a little luck, you can zip. Shame there's something that stops you dead on your tracks for no reason if you don't do it JUST right.

EDIT: Oh, there's a video. Niiiiiiiiice.
Sigh. No matter how creative I get when trying to outtrick people, when it comes to raw, brutal skill, I'm always PWNED. Good job, SkyLights!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:15:47 am by Muzozavr »

Print

Hits: 100 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.