don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 682912 times)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #660 on: October 23, 2009, 04:25:09 am »
And did you ever think of the possibility that we don't live in the same time zones? Boy that must be a shocker!

Brian and I have MSN, but we're practically never on at the same time..

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2009, 08:53:14 am »
thanks everybody..about the 1:24 run, obviously there was enough mistakes to keep me from getting a 1:21 :P Thank the game that I could not even get 1:23. I had a 1:05 last checkpoint which is definitely 1:22, but guess what the game kept throwing stupid things at me to ruin the ending :( I even had a run that I know would of had a 1:04 check, but of course the invisible floor didn't want to work out.

For the run - Yeah I am pretty much doing the invisible floor without ever hitting the edge now, not sure why I never could back then cause it's easy. I had a 1:06 last check, which I had to restart at because I almost never managed the spindash to skip the loop. I probably would of had a high 1:23 but I think the ending is a little slow.. I can never do it perfectly :( Other than that I think I had an average mid check(50 something) and a decent 13/35 for the others. I almost had a 0:12 first check.. I think it may be possible.

Basically I should have 1:22, but since this level drives me crazy I can't stand any more right now. It's best to wait for Brian's shortcuts anyway, and go for that sub 1:20 he feels is possible. After that who knows what's possible on M5 if the shortcuts work there too.. probably way beyond sub 1:25.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:59:59 am by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2009, 09:46:22 am »
0:12 check is definitely possible, I had a 13.07 and a 0:13.09 once!

Anyways, good luck to both of you! I wish I could compete with you because I feel like I've gotten really good at GF, but yeah.. <_< someone wanna sponsor me a DC? :D

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #663 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56:05 am »
Paragod... GF really don't likes you xD, have you noticed that you blame GF almost the same way FRM did with CE?

Your times were good, but I've never though about getting a 12 first check, I remember I got so many 13's but not even a single 12 one :/.
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 23, 2009, 03:25:37 pm »
Hmm, I was only able to play for 20 minutes now, but I noticed that I'm doing pretty good on Final Rush again! Been a goal of me to record something at least equal to my 2:09 run just with a quality where you can actually SEE something..

Uff, if I continue doing well, I might as well make a video of that. Probably with 99 lives though, because I'm not up for torture.. <_<

Also tried some GF5 today.. best I could get was 1:50 <_< My personal best is 1:47, but I'm sure I can cut at least 10 seconds there if I really try!

Offline X-5

« Reply #665 on: October 23, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »
You know what you should do? Record a video of a perfect check free 2:06 :) yeah I know that's big time torture

I'd be excited to see that!

that's a shame you can't get a DC.. are they rare where you're at or something? I can guarantee you'd have no problem getting in the 1:21-1:24 range for M1, assuming you can get used to over-sensitive control stick.

your 13.09 checks are insane.. the best one I remember was a 13.67 from a failed run. you'd have to have a perfect beginning to go so low which just never happens because you'll probably bounce everywhere.

Brian.. I blame GF because it's not my fault! If the level had no BS at all I could run 1:23 just about every single time.

FR7, lets go down memory lane a little bit.. remember this? from 1 year, 4 days ago you made it::

From our tie! I think it was the 2:11.64 tie too, the one I rounded up from .59 or whatever it was, hehe :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 23, 2009, 09:32:32 pm »
2:06, lol.... NEVER!!! Or do you want me to commit suicide <_<
But didn't you say you recorded a 2:08 somewhere?

They aren't just rare, they're completely gone. It's even impossible to find a Gamecube controller here!
Yeah the beginning is full of surprises, as doing the exact same thing twice gets you tow different times.. <_< Guess you'll just have to have a really lucky beginning and finish the level off perfectly.

And I remember this pic =)
Of course, how could I ever forget it! But.. why bringing this up now? Did I miss something? Are we tied somewhere again?

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 23, 2009, 09:35:16 pm »
He's bringing it up because you reached the number of the beast in replies, obviously.

>____> <____<
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline X-5

« Reply #668 on: October 23, 2009, 09:39:33 pm »
NEVER!!! Or do you want me to commit suicide <_<

noooo, I would be upset if you did that. I knew you would refuse to do it since I jokingly asked, but man I had no idea it would be that hard on you :P

I probably did record a 2:08 at one point, but I know it's gone by now.

Hmm.. I guess if your GC blows up or you kill your controller out of frustration(let us hope not) you're screwed? :(

just randomly bringing it up, I was thinking about the new pic you are making us, so I decided to see if you remember our awesome old trophy. Of course!

and uhh.. you up for a post midnight snack or something? usually you're gone hours before this, it must be 2 or 3 am! :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 23, 2009, 09:45:42 pm »
Hmm, got home an hour ago.. eating something and then going to bed.. not much to do at 3:45 pm xD

Yes, if anything happens to my GC I will still have the Wii, but if the controller dies on me I'm doomed. Not only would it be ridiculously hard to find one, but I'd also had to play probably $60 for it <_< But I'm usually the calm person who doesn't throw controllers at walls. If I get upset, I rather punch the wall..

Ah yes, I see what you're getting it. Too bad I forgot the file at work so I will probably be able continue on it on Monday..

Offline X-5

« Reply #670 on: October 24, 2009, 02:12:50 pm »
you meant AM right? otherwise I am really confused.. I thought it was almost morning where you're at when it is nighttime here. Just wanna make sure.

I'd also had to play probably $60 for it

you sure would be playing 60$, since you seem to be mostly playing at your job :P wish I could have one like that..or one at all.

Ah yes, I see what you're getting it. Too bad I forgot the file at work so I will probably be able continue on it on Monday..

no, I wasn't being impatient about the picture or anything, not at all. honestly. I was just scrolling through your old posts and noticed and thought hey- it'd be cool to see how well FR remembers our awesome trophy tie.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 24, 2009, 02:17:52 pm »
Yes, I meant AM.
And I meant meant that I would have to PAY $60 or something..

You clearly notice all the errors because I was really tired when I posted that.. <_<

Yeah don't worry, I didn't think of you being impatient or whatever.. Just wanted to tell you what's going on :P Of course I remember our 2:11.64 tie! But do you remember the 2:0.79 tie? That was the first time I went through Final Rush without any checks. That sure was awesome for me (and neither of our times were rounded up =P)

EDIT: Awesome new check time in Crazy Gadget! I managed to hit the first check at 37.72! And of course right after that I ran into a robot. <_<

EDIT 2: I think I found a timesaver in CG! Not too sure how much time it saves, could be from 0.2 to almost a whole second! A video of the cut is to come very soon!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 04:47:17 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #672 on: October 24, 2009, 05:44:51 pm »
37.7 is incredible!! Stupid robot :(

One thing you can do on CG to save time over me is bounce balling right before the chain of rings you light dash before the 44 sec check like Brian did in his run, I never thought to do that in my 1:39. looks kinda hard though.

I wanna see this cut! I am sure we could find more than a few if we played hard..maybe we could take 2-3 seconds off the record?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 24, 2009, 05:59:11 pm »
Yeah the cut is coming very soon. It will be edited into this post!

2-3 seconds sure is a hard task. I still have no vid of CG, so that's stupid as well.. (Luckily I still had 11MB left on the memory card and the shortcut vid is only 10 seconds long, else I wouldn't be able to record even that..)

This time, the cut isn't so easy to pull off, so you'll gotta see if you can incorporate that into a checkless run like you usually do. But hey, you used my huge through the door in PC shortcut in a checkless run, so you should be able to do this, too!

I don't exactly know which ring chain you mean before the 44 check..? Can you explain that a bit more in-depth for me? Sorry..

And honestly, I think my CG1 road will end somewhere at 1:39.7x or higher. I don't see ANY chance of me getting ANY lower. And it's not a Final Stage, so I guess the record isn't supposed to be mine. :P
But you should definitely go for sub1:39 at least! My new trick plus the one of Brian you mentioned should save you the needed time!

EDIT:
Here's the cut! http://de.tinypic.com/m/64gwtz/1
I'm surprised the sound of me hitting the A button is so loud <_<

EDIT 2:
254. That's the number of retries it took me from the last checkpoint in Final Chase until the last tube gave me a perfect run without any stops and without touching any electric barrier plus the jump to the Chao without the pulley. Can't complain about these 254 retires, even if they took away 4+ hours of my life. It's very rare for me to stay at home on Saturday evenings, so I might as well do something "good" <_< Oh well, I definitely can't complain. You should know what I'm talking about as soon as you see my new FC3 stat!!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:21:14 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #674 on: October 24, 2009, 07:15:29 pm »
Hey guys, a lot of things had happened while I was off as usual xD.

Your new cut is cool PoT, I've never though about something like that there :p, it can save at least 0.5 sec!!! 'cause you'll only do a HA instead of charging a spindash + jump. Great job on the FC mission 3 TA too, you lowered the record in 5 seconds o.O
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 24, 2009, 07:29:09 pm »
Thanks Brian! I felt like the M3 record should be quite a bit lower when I looked at the progress of my M5 time and saw how yoshi showed me that the record wasn't very good <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #676 on: October 24, 2009, 08:55:20 pm »
Looks good, and doesn't look so hard so I will use it for all my future CG plays.

The M3 record must be good if it's anywhere near as perfect as M1..but how in the world did you retry 254 times when even SM's lives trick maxes out at 99? Or did you just mean combined out of 3 different runs or something.

Now you just have to accomplish the hardest of them all... M2 *shudders*

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 24, 2009, 09:13:29 pm »
It may not look hard, but it's actually not that easy for me. Well, I haven't really practiced it yet, so it works every 5th time for me as of now. Should go down to at least 33% soon!

M3 is still not that perfect, I may even be able to take it sub2:30, but that would have to be a really awesome run, somewhere near the quality of M1. Oh well, I just made sure at least no one is going to catch up that soon. I was a bit afraid because yoshi had just a "good run" with a "so-so" last tube, and I was only like 3 seconds away from him, so yeah..
Of course the 254 retries were combined. How could I get that many lives anyway? lol

And about M2.. I haven't really tried during the past two days, but I guess I'll dedicate some time to it looking for some time savers.. Though my expectations aren't that big. >_>
And I'll be working on a decent CG3 time tomorrow, my time of over 2 minutes is just unacceptable. <_<

EDIT: IT'S HERE!!! I did it! The second person to sub1:40 on CG1! YES!
And I've got one more surprise! Even though I had to restart at the last check twice, I got to it in an unbelievable time of 1:29:99!
I had a perfect beginning with a 37 check naturally (somewhere around .8 I would say..) and my new shortcut worked almost perfectly (lost around 0.1-0.2 seconds), so I didn't have to restart at the 37 check.
Anything else in the run was pretty perfect for my standards. B+A came almost instantly after the 3 ACs near the end, and I successfully skipped the spring at 1:04 as usual.

If this run was a checkless one, I'd have sub1:39(!!!) because I strangely happened to have 80-89 rings when I touched the last check, so I got a speedshoe (Wait, is that even allowed? <_<)! Too mad I missed the last chain of rings (yes, I light dash them. I find it to be equally fast, but easier to pull off than 2 spindashes)..
Last check loses you around 0.6-0.8 seconds I guess, so with the speedshoe... yes, I could have gotten 1:38.8x or something.

I think this is it from me for CG. At least for mission 1. It has cost me a lot of nerves lately because I desperately wanted a sub1:40. And there's a German saying saying that you should stop when you're at the best/highest or whatever.. I can't really translate it that well.. <_<
And Para, I have the feeling that sub1:39 is more than possible for you, you should go for it!

Another edit, I just snagged the 2nd place in CG3. Wasn't really hard, because my new trick is working 100% for me now!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:07:48 am by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #678 on: October 25, 2009, 11:45:35 am »
So I get to wake up to two great new times, and video! Looking good!

Are you going to try CG5?

As for getting a speedshoe from the last check, it's happened to me many times and heck yeah it's allowed! It would actually be a good thing to try to plan out from the beginning. It seems like I got a speedshoe on my 1:39, but I just can't remember..

I've also had this happen on metal harbor, but I doubt it saved any time.

I may play sometime..I should do CG3 first though because that run is nowhere near as good as 1:39 M1. And you know.. I'd be more tempted and willing to play CG1 for sub 1:39 if you beat me first.. :P

Also I noticed you saw talon's new CG2 record.you gonna start talking to him? the poor kid is so upset because FR7 won't talk to him anymore, that's all he says every post almost is I hope FR7 talks to me soon, I hope I can get enough trust for FR7 to talk to me again.. and look at the video, he replied to your comment 3 times!! :P

Here's some examples:

but i need to get the record again on video so FR7 has proof

I hope FR7 comes, man i really want to talk to him.

I feel better if i talked to FR7 or brian (if he's around). Come on, i'm not having any fun now, and i want to,

also, i still need to know what videos FR7 will need to talk to me again. Please FR7, i shall never do it again.

All i want to do is talk with different players and enjoy the competition legitly. Please FR7

Oh man, i dont want to lose FR7, what have I done.

Whatever runs that will make him trust me again. Please forgive me FR7
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:57:01 am by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 25, 2009, 12:03:11 pm »
CG5 is next, yes. And I may try for the CG3 record, but it's already ours, so I'll leave that one out, maybe.. Not too sure. I feel like it's not the right time for going for records now because I still can't record for another month...

Good to hear that this is allowed, and this should definitely go into our plans, because when you have one speedshoe, you don't need to shindash jump to the last platform with the spring on the edge, you can just jump to it if you B+A'ed before. Quite a time saver if you ask me. It may even be worth a hit from an enemy somewhere!

I'm also getting back into Sky Rail. I've watched Jawzun's run a few times and noticed that it isn't completely impossible to beat that time.
But seriously, I have too many things on my To Do List.. there's at least one thing in every of the 11 levels that I want to achieve or tape!!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #680 on: October 25, 2009, 01:05:42 pm »
Talon's video was great! Hahahaha if he was a girl, I would say he likes you xD

Man, you guys are really getting so awesome times! I simply can't keep up with you anymore, but I can still bring you good news, if you'll try to take jawzun's record for SR, there's something you need to know, there's a trick in the rail switch after he last check, instead of jumping on the other rail, you can get to it with a normal rail switch, of course it's harder to do, but it can save a good amount of time. I'll make a video of it too when I get the GC again.

Offline X-5

« Reply #681 on: October 25, 2009, 01:28:04 pm »
hahaha yeah Brian it does sound that way when you read all those quotes.

I'll try that sky rail strategy.. I suck at doing the jump switch anyway.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 25, 2009, 06:24:25 pm »
HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT A 41.90 IN SKY RAIL 1!!!!!!

I was just "warming up" and expecting a 43 run or so so I could practice more tomorrow for a 42 and then something like this happens!! Rail switch was good, but could be better. The first 14 second were pure perfection (it's not that hard, happens ever 20th time).

On the first rail switch however, Jawzun does a real rail switch with pressing A while holding the control stick to the left. Not only does Shadow sometimes still jump (meaning with aura around him) when I hold left and press A (he shouldn't do that then..), but I also can't seem to reach the pumpkin when Shadow rarely decides to do the real rail switch.. I'll still have to look into that.

But damn man, the sub42 I could never get back then is finally mine! I need to record this, then maybe you guys can help me out as well. Now let's see which one of my friends has a decent camera..

Offline X-5

« Reply #683 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:33 am »
I love when that happens..you play..get something great very fast. That's exactly what happened for my 1:57 CG5.

I'm sorry to be so abrupt but I just wanted to let everybody know I am done with SA2 for a while. Maybe forever.

I'm just so sick of the BS. There is not a single level in the game without at least 10 random variables that are completely ridiculous that make you start over, I can't stand them anymore.

I'm just sick of 90%+ of my restarts being the fault of the game. It's just stupid, I've been putting up with it for 3 years and enough is enough. SCREW THE BS! this game would be so much more fun without all the little glitches that make themselves known while you play for perfection.

I also really suck nowadays. I have to play something 8000 times to be good at it, which used to work back then but not anymore. I am really starting to lose my sharpest edge: my determination. Why? cause I can't stand the BS anymore. If this game was at least 60% skill I'd have no problem with it, but the 90/10% BS is just unbearable, and it kills my determination anymore. For example I watched the green hill score record tonight, and I wanted to beat it. After 5 minutes I was done, why? the homing attack SUCKS! Every time I tried to build a good combo the homing attack would either just simply not hit the enemy even though I aimed it perfectly, or it would attack something stupid it's not supposed to like an animal or spring. That record is incredible just for the fact he was able to overcome all that BS. I sure as heck cannot.

Basically, the main reason for stopping this DAMNED game is because I am just not having fun anymore :( I can spend 2 hours getting a record and I get so mad you could hit me in the head with a hammer and I'd not feel it. There's just barely any excitement when you get the record after wards, which proves it's just too much frustration to be worth it :(.

There's 2 main goals in life for every person that has ever lived and will live: Overcoming great challenges, and enjoying their life. I used to get both from this game, but not anymore :( I think I've worked hard enough on this game anyway, it's time to find something new that will be fresh, challenging and fun! Maybe another game, maybe something outside of games.. I don't know yet. But this one is getting old and if I keep playing I am going to end up permanently breaking my hand or something from the frustration. That would be a really stupid thing to do. 3+ years is a lot for one game, and it's only natural that I can't stand the same thing over and over anymore.

I'm going to post here like usual of course, and give tips and discuss strategies where I can..but I'm sorry: I'm done!

SA2 Has defeated the Paragod

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 26, 2009, 04:06:07 am »
Hahaha nice joke... really.. I mean.. nice..

Wait, you're not joking, are you?..... I'm sure you'll come back to this game, you just need a bit of rest. Like a month or two, or even half a year like before.. I mean, you've gone through this before. Remember the time before the keydoor skip was made possible? As soon as we were able to go through the door, you got back into the game with setting a new record in Pyramid Cave.
I'm sure something like that will happen again!

Until then, have fun doing something else!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #685 on: October 26, 2009, 09:37:37 am »
What you said is right, whenever you can't have fun playing, there's almost no reason to keep up, I feel like this too now, that's why I haven't submitted new times in the past few months or weeks, I have some to submit but I don't even care about getting the GC if it's not for making a video for you guys, that's the real only why I still play for real, but if you can't have fun anymore, try to do what I usually do, play without spindash, doing combos, tricks, getting "A" ranks.

If this can't make you have fun, then you really should find something else. I have some activities other than my job and competing here, I practice kung fu every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, I play PSO, I'm renovating my old house(yeah, it's not as big as almost everyone's house but it'll be mine :D), it will be my place to rest.

But I know you just need some time to start having fun again :D, everyone needs a break sometimes.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 26, 2009, 10:02:09 am »
Hmm, so Brian is affected, too. Well, I guess I'm not at that stage yet (but I was for like 3 times though)..
Can't do anything but hope that you guys will have fun again soon! Until then, the only thing I can do is to keep on playing :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 26, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »
Good news! I got a cam from a friend today! (And only for today) <_<

Oh well, went into the level with 99 lives, cam set up and ready to record and got a 42:34 pretty soon. Not bad I thought, and kept on playing. 20 lives later, a sub42 happened again! 41.92!!

Awesome!, I thought, but my goal was it to record something better than yoshi's 41.79 time. Well, I did get a better time at life #52, but it still doesn't beat yoshi's <_<

Still a new record for me! 41.80!!!

I won't edit the vid and put it on YT because what's the point of having only the third best run up there that also loses in the quality aspect? Yeah, there's no use for it on YT, not unless I at least beat yoshi's time.
Oh well, you should still see it, I'll be putting it on tinypic quite soon. The quality is slightly better than usual =D What an embarrasing moment for the run to happen though, as my brother was listening to a radio station and they played a song form Britney Spears at that exact time. <_< The sound is also a bit desynced anyways, so you better just turn the sound off!!

EDIT:
http://de.tinypic.com/m/650b2q/1

REMEMBER TO TURN THE SOUND OFF! <_<

Anyway, about the run. First 12 seconds were just perfect, then I know a lost a little time between 0:14 and 0:25 (probably loading the first/third spindash on the pumpkins) because looking at it in frame-by-frame mode and comparing it to my 41:92 run, I lost around 0.1 seconds. I lost a little bit of time during the second rail switch (you can hit the rail a bit earlier) and I somehow have the feeling that I've done the second rail slower than usual. Maybe it's because I hit it slightly later than usual? Not too sure on that. The rest of the run was pretty much perfectly executed from what I can tell.
I am honestly not sure if I lost some time during the jump from the rail to the first pumpkin, but I guess only Jawzun/yoshi can tell me that.

So 0.1 seconds of loss before the rail, hitting the second rail slightly later also lost me around 0.1 seconds + if what I'm feeling is true and I did grind the second rail a bit slower than always (a rough guess would be that I lost half a second there?), that would be make around a difference of 0.7 seconds!! And even if it's a bit less, the record is definitely in reach!!!

EDIT numero due:
Wow, I just experienced the "perfect rail switch" Brian was talking about in this post:
there's a trick in the rail switch after he last check, instead of jumping on the other rail, you can get to it with a normal rail switch, of course it's harder to do, but it can save a good amount of time.
Not only did I naturally save time by not having to jump for the little while, but Shadow was also incredibly fast on the second rail. This is a huuuge 0.7+ seconds timesaver!!!! Man, should I ever get this nailed in a good run the record is mine for sure.

Official confirmation: sub41 is possible!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:57:23 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #688 on: October 26, 2009, 10:17:09 pm »
Looking great as usual..you make it look so easy! I swear I've had better rail switches than that but the jump doesn't go high enough..I just don't know what's up with sky rail but I do know sub 42 seems impossible for me, ever since I got 42.67 I've never even gotten sub 43 once.

If you can get the record that would be awesome! With the new rail switch..if you can get sub 41...YOU DA MASTA! I'd love to see that!

And no, it's not a joke. I am done. I really do enjoy the competition with you guys, I should be excited to finally have such great players to challenge me..and well, I am really happy about that. But it's just too late, I'm sick of the game :( At least I had some great competition anyway, the best being the awesome fight for FR1. I also had Brian beat me in many levels, I got a couple back but not all of them.

By the way if you want to count talon's 2 records, we are up to 35/41. (He has CG2 and WJ2) Just 6 to go! I almost had WJ5 last night, but not quite thanks to the spring. And guess what happens when the spring goes right.....yup, disaster.

I feel guilty for saying this knowing I won't be helping..but if ya'll can get 41/41 I will be very very proud of all of you! And to think my old goal was to get all 41 by myself.. there's just no way! Especially with crazy new records like 2:22 FC1...oh god no.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 27, 2009, 04:12:06 am »
Yeah I knew the rail switch was only "okay" and thus the second was was a bit slower than usual. I've compared it to another run I had saved and noticed that I definitely lost some time there. I may even break the record without the "perfect switch", but then the run will have to be perfect. I've got some more time to play today and tomorrow, so I hope that'll be enough. Weekend's gonna be pretty busy <_<

Should I not get the record today then I can at least borrow the cam from the my friend again tomorrow and then I may even have a recorded record! But should it happen today... oh well <_<

41/41 would be a final goal of course. Even if we have 85%+ now, it's still far away. After SR1 come the other missions of SR and the inevitable FC2 as well. Lots to do!!

Print

Hits: 684 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.