don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 682891 times)

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #630 on: October 20, 2009, 08:01:40 pm »
OMG you guys really want to blow up my mind, I can't reply to everything, but I have to say you got a really tough competition here PoT. Who would think of Psyknux coming out of nowhere to take your record like this o.O?

I won't talk too much but I know something that can help you, it's up to you to decide if he'll know it or not, I can PM it to you or post it here...

Oh I want so much to repair my job's main PC to be able to talk to you guys from there :P
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 21, 2009, 03:06:57 am »
AWESOME NEW TIME PARAGOD! YOU IS DA BEST!!!

And I hope you can repair you PC at work soon, Brian. Aren't you an IT professional after all? Your YT acctound says to at lesat.

EDIT: Holy hell, 29.0? Damn man... how the fuck do I beat that..? If I only knew about those timesavers..!

EDIT 2: Just received a PM from talon. He apparently got 0:41.67 on mission 2 of Crazy Gadget. That's 0:00.43 better than the record!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:40:06 am by finalrush7_ »

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #632 on: October 21, 2009, 12:06:16 pm »
I sure am..PK said he wants sub 33 too though..but enough is enough, there's no way i'll beat this run so if he beats me then he may have the record for a while.. it's not going to be easy at all for him though ;)

FR7, don't tell me you're giving up on FC2? :(

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 21, 2009, 12:10:33 pm »
FR7, don't tell me you're giving up on FC2? :(

I'm not giving up, I'm just saying that it is currently nearly impossible to me to get the record. I'm not playing for a 1 in a 10000 chance, this isn't Final Rush.

Offline X-5

« Reply #634 on: October 21, 2009, 12:22:14 pm »
1 in 10,000 really sucks :(

Remember though, PK is only a person too.. he has his limits, maybe he doesn't use the 1 in 10,000 trick.

And I don't think you should be mad towards the guy..sure he's a thief, but look what he's done.. two M2 records have been improved substantially! 31.24 WAY down to 29.00(and someday 28) and 33.95 on CE2 down to 32.95, I would of never thought anything lower than 33.5 would be possible on CE but he helped me push it all the way to 32 cause I refuse to lose my sweep :P

Also you know how he said he's going after yoshi's cosmic wall sweep? I noticed that me and yoshifan are the ONLY ones with sweeps, (CE and CW) other than PK who has two sweeps, I guess he wants to be the only person in the game with a sweep...how evil!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 21, 2009, 01:10:35 pm »
It sucks, yeah. I just got a new amazing time on CG1 (1:40.37!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blank space there is actually written with black color.. don't let it fool you ;)) which was CHECKLESS (that's for you, Para), so that will cheer me up a bit! I had a very high 37 check, probably .9 or something.. last check was a 1:31 one..pretty much .4-.6 if I saw that right in the blink of the moment.

Well, I will soon attack at least spot #2 in M3 and M5. It's honestly beyond me how people can collect all 6 rings after the first check and hit the tube so fast without seeing where they're going, so Mission 2 is.. not attack-able at the moment.

Offline X-5

« Reply #636 on: October 21, 2009, 01:19:24 pm »
YEAHHH!!!!!!! Very nice :) I agree with the mission 2 , that's one of the main reasons my time sucks.

Look at what talon said a few minutes ago

Damn, my times have been CRAZY today paragod. First it was the 41 62 on CG2, then i got 1 42 02 on GF5. then i got 1 41 22 on CG1. then i got 1 42 25 on CG3 and now i just got 1 40 84 on CG1. Completely awesome and good target times for FR7 and SSL.

you already beat him.. but I bet he'll play sometime soon..

Next stop for you two: sub 1:40!

which was CHECKLESS (that's for you, Para),

Thank you very much! :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 21, 2009, 01:33:31 pm »
Yeah, I saw talon's time and it sure is awesome. He's improving on pretty much every level 5 times faster than I improved on Final Rush. And my Final Rush improvement statistic is already quite amazing if I may say that!

Next stop is definitely 1:39! It's just a matter of weeks (Think I have a very busy week upcoming.. <_<)

Thank you very much! :P
I'd like to say that you're welcome, but to be honest, I was just lucky to get it done in one segment.. ~_~

Offline X-5

« Reply #638 on: October 21, 2009, 04:20:07 pm »
FR7 wanna be shocked? read our *secret* topic if you haven't yet seen it, talon BEAT *MY* CG1 time!! and he's gonna have a video up later today or tomorrow.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 21, 2009, 04:36:36 pm »
Definitely a shocker! Can't wait to see the video! Good thing he made a vid of that, now the pressure isn't on me <_<

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #640 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:32 pm »
You guys are making me feel so NOOB with your times xD, Paragod is improving every single time he has on TSC, Master Final is showing again what he's capable of when he all effort in something(See CG and FC), and Talon... he's beating times I once though to be simply unbeatable o.O(See CG mission 1 & 2).

Leaves the room crying
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline X-5

« Reply #641 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13:32 am »
who should break the news to Brian?? :(

Right... Well, there's not much for him to explain there as the facts are very obvious. So what now, in the end he's gonna tell us that this al was a joke?

I sure see the wasted potential, as the run without the trick would've been something like a.. 1:43? 1:44? That's already quite good, but yeah. His MH1 run was also good.. (and I don't think you can use the sppedshoe trick in MH)

I just can't give him a third chance.

I figure I may as well reply to this PM here, since it's more relevant:

Actually you can in metal harbor, funny how you mention that, because just hours earlier I was playing it after doing the trick twice for fun, I got a 1:12 something on M1 and 22 on M3, they could go lower too :P

I also played some metal harbor on DC, and got 1:13.77..ON..a.. HORRIBLE RUN. Like the worst run I've ever seen, but why was it so bad? the stupid controller! I can't even get the bounceball to go high enough more than 1 in 5 tries, yet on GC it's 100%. But the good news is that it proves how much potential DC has.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 22, 2009, 03:17:29 am »
Got me, I completely forgot that there's a checkpoint at the very beginning. This part is like cut out for me, because I never take it <_<

I actually just PM'd Brian about what happened, and since he's offline it's just about what he checks first, the topic of the PM. Either way, I am sure Brian will agree with us on this case because yeah.. things are very obvious.

So what are you gonna do now, Para?

EDIT: 23k views!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:26:43 am by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #643 on: October 22, 2009, 04:15:04 am »
what am I going to do about what? with talon?

well, i'ma see what he says..I want to try to work this out with him and see if there's hope.

or do you mean me myself? well, I REALLY need to go to bed. It's 4:13 am but I been staying up playing some SA2 waiting for you two so we could see what's up with this fake video, and now I gotta stay up a bit longer so I can hopefully find out once and for all if he has dishonest intentions for the future or if he just wanted to beat me at all costs....he may be totally legit in the end and this is just a big mistake of his.

I hope anyway..if not, a great player is lost.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 22, 2009, 04:53:02 am »
You should just go to sleep ;)
There's no need to stay awake because someone thought we might not notice BS in a video, so go and get your deserved sleep. You can handle these things when you wake up again.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 22, 2009, 12:38:41 pm »
29.55 in FC2!
29.1 would be a crazy max atm.. and that's still not enough.. damn <_<

Offline X-5

« Reply #646 on: October 22, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »
dang, I guess PK's time is way better than I thought if you'll struggle for just 29.1 :(

Try to think about 28.80 though.. it's only 0.3 sec better than what you feel is perfect. When I got 33.20 on CE2, I played for 2 hours with no improvement. I kept getting .2's and .3's but nothing better. I was convinced my run was as good as I can get it, and that 32 was impossible.

Sure enough right before I was about to quit, 32.95 popped up, a 0.25 improvement! So even if you do get 29.1 and it feels perfect, keep trying.. you may cut 0.3 like I did out of nowhere, getting 28.80!

by the way you need to read what talon said and post, he has a question for you. he told me to ask you but I figure that's silly cause you can still go there, unless you don't even want to touch it now.

edit: Okay, talk about crazy... PK got 28.87, and.......his goal is sub 28
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:55:53 pm by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 22, 2009, 03:56:21 pm »
PK's time sure is really good <_< and while you may be right, remember that I've spent over 35 hours on that stage in the past week. I even doubt I can get 29.1 under these circumstances.. Oh well, I need some distraction. Tried going for sub1:40 in CG1 only to fail miserably, so I decided to start working on a picture.
Since I didn't really find any cool pics of CE and FR on the internet, I just decided to snap my own ones. I got some awesome CE shots there, which I will upload either today or tomorrow morning at work so you can decide which one I should use. At the moment I'm going for some good GF pics, but that stage is being an ass with moving the camera in action. Luckily, Brian already gave me a good picture I can use should I fail to snap a good one on my own..

And about talon's question.. Well, I'm sure he figured out there's no real answer to this. I pretty much won't believe any of his times unless he has a video (exceptions are in Final Rush and in City Escape and Pyramid Cave because you can't do that speedshoes trick in those levels (I hope that's right <_<)).

EDIT:
WTF is he doing to get a make a sub28 possible? This is beyond me..

Hey PK, I know you're reading this topic almost every day, ever thought about making a video of that crazy time?

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #648 on: October 22, 2009, 04:46:23 pm »
Oh hey you all are actually starting to realize talon is a liar! What a surprise!

Maybe ya'll should trust me when I ban someone for whom there's clear evidence of being a BSer, and not just go "oh the admins banned him for no reason it's so unfair I don't trust them!!!!" Conspiracy theories ftl.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 22, 2009, 04:47:41 pm »
Better late than never, huh?

Also, Green Forest. I have no idea if this saves some time (if it does, then only a little bit), but this is easy to pull off and the success rate is very high. Brian didn't use it in this vid, so I figured some people might not know about it.
http://de.tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fVoSkrnCCyc987lzDEmjSYh4l5k2TGxc
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 05:03:14 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

« Reply #650 on: October 22, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »
Yup we realize that, but I am doing my best to change his ways. He didn't cheat that bad, just a speedshoe trick.

That GF shortcut looks is very nice. I had always done the spindash in the same spot, but I never used a bounce ball for gravity control..awesome! Maybe I can use this for DC GF5.

As for Pk.. unlike us I have a feeling that he's not one to share his strategy with you :(

That's okay though, finding a good strategy is half the challenge towards a record, we need to figure it out ourself!

Offline X-5

« Reply #652 on: October 22, 2009, 09:21:39 pm »
you're probably right, but you never know. I feel that he's a good kid deep down, I just have to teach him a few lessons...

Anyway I got the GF5 record so we're up to 33 out of 41 records! The run was terrible really, but so much can go wrong you'll never be perfect. Sub 1:30 would be a good improvement. I am also very close to Brian on M1, I can see 1:23 or 1:24 without a whole lot of effort.

Brian, what are the new shortcuts you found that you don't use in your 1:24 run? I got my 1:25 without them and if you told me them I may be able to get the legendary 1:22 and give you some great competition! Or are they a secret?

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #653 on: October 22, 2009, 10:11:03 pm »
Hey guys :D, let me say something about talon first: I make PoT's words mine, I won't believe him anymore(or at least for a long time) without a video, and yes, you can do the SS trick in CE. I've seen his video before he deleted it, I haven't noticed anything until the last superbounce, he was clearly too fast for someone who did only one spindash :/. I felt like he underestimated our intelligence >:O

Since I can't say something about FC2, this will make you understand everything O.O

Hey Paragod your new time on M5 is great, it's been a long time since you put your hands on a DC controller :D, I've seen your video FM, I already had noticed that trick :p, but it's great to see you putting your efforts on discovering new tricks ^_^.

Hey Para, there's not secrets between the 3 of us here ;D, I'll try to make a video of the new tricks this weekend, so you'll be able to be the first one to beat the Japanese guy SM talked about :D, and take the first step to reach my sub 1:20 goal \o/

Oh hey you all are actually starting to realize talon is a liar! What a surprise!

Maybe ya'll should trust me when I ban someone for whom there's clear evidence of being a BSer, and not just go "oh the admins banned him for no reason it's so unfair I don't trust them!!!!" Conspiracy theories ftl.
I've never said that, when I first saw your PM I understood everything that was going on but I must admit that I really felt he would change his actions :(

Offline X-5

« Reply #654 on: October 23, 2009, 12:40:54 am »
green forest is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!there is NO other level in the game with more ways to get screwed over than this one!

I can see 1:21 being possible with only FR7's new trick, yet I am stuck at 1:24 because this level is 99% luck 1% skill and it drives me CRAZY!

I can only get 1:24.. man I don't even want to know how many 1:22's the game cheated me out of with it's BS. I guess it doesn't matter too much though since I don't know all your tricks, the important thing is I gave you motivation to play it again when you get your hands on DC, cuz I beat you :P

We can definitely beat the legendary 1:22!

Offline kairi_pso

« Reply #655 on: October 23, 2009, 12:59:08 am »
green forest is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!there is NO other level in the game with more ways to get screwed over than this one!

I can see 1:21 being possible with only FR7's new trick, yet I am stuck at 1:24 because this level is 99% luck 1% skill and it drives me CRAZY!

I can only get 1:24.. man I don't even want to know how many 1:22's the game cheated me out of with it's BS. I guess it doesn't matter too much though since I don't know all your tricks, the important thing is I gave you motivation to play it again when you get your hands on DC, cuz I beat you :P

We can definitely beat the legendary 1:22!

Finally! It's about time, huh? =D

I was starting to think that this time was unbeatable. Well, you freed me from work to pick up the controller and show how it's done... at least for a while =D ). This record is already there so long, that Brian should have relaxed and bored. Good, now things will return to run.

1:22. o/
Ghettoman series.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #656 on: October 23, 2009, 01:28:42 am »
DAWN YOU PARAGOD!!! I just wanted to be there with you just to deliver a punch in your FACE!

Serious mode activated

Wooray!!! It was almost 1:23 man :D, great job! How did you felt? Did you made any big mistakes? And the Invisible floor? You got stuck in it once like me? Tell me everything!!!

Hey kairi, it's the first time you come here :D

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 23, 2009, 02:58:30 am »
I guess kairi_pso is the third brother of our Brazilian friends, huh? Welcome to the topic <_< .. lol

Wow Para your new times are really good, and you saying that you could do much better is even more amazing! With all the new cuts you guys could even break the sub1:20 barrier... (and I'll break the sub1:30 one at least!)
But it's really bugging me that the invisible floor is a DC only trick, so I want to find out the EXACT TIME it saves in a perfect run so I could at least compete with you in that way! Brian said that the floor saves 8 seconds, but I figured it must be a little less, because if it really saves 8 seconds then I would be the record holder (1:31 -> 1:23), which I doubt I am.. <_<

Glad to see my new shortcut (not new to brian T_T) helped you out, Para! It's really easy to pull off and saves almost half a second (got that some quickly testing it yesterday, could be a little more or a little less).

you can do the SS trick in CE.
hmm, how? I tried it yesterday and found out that getting a speed shoe from the checkpoint and a speedshoe in the box (when being sent off that ramp at around 0:47 in a speedrun) doesn't give you a faster speed forever. Guess it needs to be 2 speedshoes from checkpoint for that trick to work. Either that, or I just did something wrong.. (but what's there to do wrong? <_<)

there is NO other level in the game with more ways to get screwed over than this one!
City Escape, Final Rush (especially that), Final Chase, Radical Highway. No?

Oh and Brian I meant to ask you if you ever thought about making a White Jungle mission 1 vid? I'm stuck on a 1:38 there forever and feel like I'm definitely missing out on something.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #658 on: October 23, 2009, 03:15:57 am »
you can do the SS trick in CE.
hmm, how? I tried it yesterday and found out that getting a speed shoe from the checkpoint and a speedshoe in the box (when being sent off that ramp at around 0:47 in a speedrun) doesn't give you a faster speed forever. Guess it needs to be 2 speedshoes from checkpoint for that trick to work. Either that, or I just did something wrong.. (but what's there to do wrong? <_<)

Sometime last year, another method was found to pull off the speed shoes trick using racing characters.  Get a speed shoe by any means and charge a light attack.  Keep it charged until the effects of the speed shoe would wear off and you'll keep the speedup.  It's actually mentioned at the bottom of SM's guide.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #659 on: October 23, 2009, 03:17:39 am »
On a related subject did you guys ever here of this new radical piece of software they call MSN? Boy it sure is awesome!
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 596 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.