don't click here

Can somebody help me please?

Print

Author Topic: Can somebody help me please?  (Read 4308 times)

Offline flying fox

Can somebody help me please?
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:32:24 pm »
I'm having some trouble getting all 278 rings in Sonic 2 Metropolis Zone Act 1. My highest total so far is 253. I just can't see anything to help me get the last 25 rings. Normally I can work these things out but its got me stumped. Can anybody tell me how to get them please?

Also I'm new to TA so can anybody give me any tips please? I had a spare 5 mins today so I thought I 'll try TAing Emerald Hill 1 as Knux and got 0:24 secs on the third go so I'm ok but I would like to improve a bit.

Thanks

Re: Can somebody help me please?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:20:02 pm »
I just figured it out myself. You need to use the screen wrap glitch. It's where you hold down to look downward and then quickly jump after letting go. That's how you get past many of the one way doors. Hope that clue helps.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:25:57 am »
I knew there was a glitch involved. I saw that glitch in one of Stanski's TA videos and I thought it might have been that one. Oh good I can do that I'll get round to it some time later. Thanks for the help.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 05:54:35 pm »
I *might* have a run of this vid'd somewhere.  I can't remember if I've already done this one or not, I think I have videos of all of Metropolis.  But yeah, the key is the screen wrap.  Duck until the top of the screen is right overhead.  Then jump.  The screen will wrap, and the brown doors become thin air while the screen wraps.  It also would help to check out the maps here; figure out what path you're going to take to make sure you cover EVERY patch of ground.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline flying fox

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:46:33 am »
I have tried out this glitch and it works but I can't remember what route to take so I will have to look at the map again. I'll get it one day and make a vid of it. Thanks guys for your help! :D

Print

Hits: 138 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1004.10 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.