don't click here

THE FINAL OUTCOME

Print

Author Topic: THE FINAL OUTCOME  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
THE FINAL OUTCOME
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:27:10 pm »
So we all know that there's three Sonic games coming out. How do you think they'll turn out? Given the known information about them, I expect their fates to be pretty similar to the following:

Sonic Unleashed - will be a pile of garbage. It will follow the same exact fate of the past 3 "main" Sonic the Hedgehog games; when announced, it is met with hesitant optimism, then Sega shows a bunch of screenshots and 4 minutes of gameplay of all the best parts of the game we will ever see which results in people growing severely desperate for the game, then they start letting it drop that the game is really a piece of crap. The demo for Sonic 06 drastically cut off most remaining interest in the game, evidenced by the fact that only 50-60,000 copies of the game were sold in 2006, and if Unleashed continues the tradition of releasing an expo demo, then we will surely see our consoles running the game at 15 FPS. Then, the game will come out. It is then, that we will know that the game is not only merely a generic gameplay scenario, but also unfinished. The Wii/PS2 version will outsell the 360/PS3 version only because it is on a Nintendo console, and not necessarily because it is a better game.

Sonic Chronicles - is a game that only the hardcore Sonic fans will get, with the exception of people waiting for a new JRPG to play and happen to mistake Sonic Chronicles as one. It will incorporate as many Sonic the Hedgehog characters as the game possibly can feasibly do, and incorporate characters that have nothing to do with the basic Sonic the Hedgehog premise, and some existing characters will suffer from being incorporated into the new and dangerous world with the new characters that have nothing to do with Sonic the Hedgehog. It will also suffer us all with massive amounts of fandom explosions until the inevitable death of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic and the Black Knight - will be the best game out of all three of these. In no way will it be a classic Sonic game, in no way is the concept familiar to the series, and in no way should Sonic be holding a sword. It will not revitalize the franchise, nor will it set an example for future Sonic games to come. It probably won't even reach an average score of 7.5-8/10. But here's the sad reality - it will be a game. And it will be proud of being a game. It won't be an emulation of what they were supposing a Sonic the Hedgehog game will be like, with pre-determined paths running Sonic around that you dont have to press a button to make happen, a sad depressing knock-off of "what the fans want." It will be its own game, and it will shamelessly flaunt this fact around every time anyone plays it.

Until we break it. Then it'll be a piece of crap.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: THE FINAL OUTCOME
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:32:49 pm »
I'm not looking forward to any of those to be over a 9 score rating but I am looking forward to playing them so I can actually give an actual opinion to them. But I still think all 3 of them will be better than SSR was.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:36:53 pm »
I still think all 3 of them will be better than SSR was.
I'm honestly looking forward to Chronicles. Unleashed is looking a little shaky due to framerates, though, and I still don't know what to think of Black Knight.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Azure

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:23:39 pm »
I have high expectations for the Black Night.
Unleashed... well, at least they gave it an accurate title. Sega's finally unleashing this buildup of game-crap that has been rising up in them (evident in recent games). Maybe they'll be relieved after this and make a good game (if Sonic isn't dead).

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:25:49 pm »
The attachment of this post expresses all of my feelings towards this topic
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 11:56:29 pm »
the sad part is you're most likely right :(

Though Final Countdown is a rather pro song
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:14:46 pm »
In a NP article I saw something like: "Sonic fans should be excited about Unleashed and Black knight".

YA RIGHT

Update: I saw some gameplay of Unleashed. Horrible frame rate, but it looks like Sonic's going as fast as Paragod's CE run. Maybe less.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:40:12 pm by ieatatsonic »
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Print

Hits: 177 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.