don't click here

hi everybody

Print

Author Topic: hi everybody  (Read 8515 times)

Offline X-5

hi everybody
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:43:57 pm »
how are you all doing? 

I have matured a lot as well as gotten a lot of depressing issues of my life out of the picture in the 8 months that I have been gone, I think I am ready to once and for all be the serious member and competitor you remember me as for the first year and a half or so that I was here. We all know some of those posts I made were ridiculous, untrue and uncalled for, I really do not know how or why I made them all in the first place, I guess when you feel that bad you kind of lose control in certain regards.

But whatever, the days where I swing back and forth between happy and (almost) suicidally sad are GONE and will always remain as a bad memory of the past. Screw those days! they completely sucked!!I am now definitely ready to be the respectable member here that we all know I am easily capable of. If you see me drop out of line in any way, you are definitely dreaming :P

I guess I will pick up where I left off and play SA2B.. but there are a few levels I will never touch because for me they are perfect, I would never beat them being so sucky after not playing for so long. I will definitely try to keep my SA2 playing to a minimum and play many of the other games, I will easily get sick of SA2 I am sure. Who knows what I may have in store for you all, if I feel like playing a level (or multiple levels) thousands of times you know what kind of awesome times and videos that can produce!

I noticed pretty much every video I made is dead because my stupid upload site deleted them for inactivity, well, I will definitely be able to fix most of them soon cause it sucks having a dead video on the site when somebody expects to watch it.

so....... who is happy to see me?

Offline Ring Rush

Re: hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:49:16 pm »
How old are you? Have you finally decided?
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:49:28 pm »
[20:45] -CodeGirl- [-New Post-] Paragod posted a new topic in Competition Central: "hi everybody" - http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=3597.msg37059#msg37059
[20:47] <PPA> PARAGOD
[20:47] <PPA> PARAGOD?
[20:47] <PPA> PARAGOD!
[20:47] <PPA> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In other words, welcome back but this time please don't drama away after a few days!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:52:58 pm »
Did you end up fishing your copy of SA2B out of a lake?

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:00:14 pm »
...THE paragod?! wow just in time as I started competiting in SA2B....

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:04:51 am »
Dude, welcome back, we missed ya!
Now you had better find that disc, ya hear?
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 08:57:43 am »
Hey Paragod, nice to see you're back :)
Have you seen what I did in Sky Rail?
Sadly, there's no video. (Sorry)
well, I hope you will get many good stats for SA2B ;)
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline Azure

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 12:18:37 pm »
Hey, welcome back! I do hope you compete in SA1 as well as its sequel.

Offline X-5

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 03:03:19 pm »
Heh some of these replies are funny. I guess some of you still think of me as a complete joke, I most likely deserve it, but what else can I do besides try to prove hard times are in the past and that it is really me again. thanks though to anybody who is glad to see me once again anybody that still judges my actions from the past, well, let them be that way if they want to, if they want to be so unforgivingly mean I cannot stop them. I hate mean people anyway, so it should not matter if they want to dislike me or not cause I could never like them.

lol yeah ring I did decide what my age is, ever since I stopped being 12 and 13 my profile age has been accurate, which is 19.

No I was not able to recover my copy of SA2, it would take a miracle as it has probably settled beneath the sand by now, how am I supposed to dig up the whole thing? I just simply got another one.

Jawzun (you are who I think you are right?) yeah I have looked at all of your new SA2 stats, they are great! I cannot believe you took CE3 by 4 seconds, and your M1 time is a lot better than it was. your metal harbor M1 is really close to mine, and you wrecked my sweep by taking M3, dang it :P Sky rail 41 sounds crazy. I got that record shockingly fast, so it was not perfected by my standards, but I really did not think it was worth trying for lower since I took the longest standing record and I doubted 41 could be done,(maybe a few tenths better at best)you did something special there, did you change any strategies from what me/zealous/cybrax did?

And about SA2.. it is cool that there is a little bit of competition, but I was kind hoping more records would be beaten. Oh well, I will probably play it very sparingly anyway because I played a little bit and I cannot do so well anymore. I tried to take my metal harbor M3 back without success, I tried green forest because your new trick could easily get me 1:31 but it was being stupid to me as usual and bouncing all over the place so I stopped. I did get 1:39 on CE1 in about 5 minutes, which is okay I guess but I clearly do not have the ability to concentrate so hard like I used to which is the only way to score a pixel perfect 1:35. I guess my time is good enough anyway, gotta leave a LITTLE room for error right? or else it is no fun trying to beat something that is perfectly unbeatable.

Unless I can change everybody's opinion and show them I really am back to normal this time I may as well phase myself out, no point if being where you are not wanted. only this time I would not whine about it :P I think everything will be fine though and everybody should hopefully forget and forgive one last time.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:08:01 pm by Paragod »

Offline Azure

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:21:23 am »
Being inactive from a game for so long makes it a lot more difficult to get back to where you were in terms of skill. (ME AND SA[DX])
Just don't get discouraged or anything and leave, because a lot of us do appreciate you being here.

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 01:25:39 pm »
Welcome back, Paragod! :D Great to see you're competing again!

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 04:31:33 pm »
lol I saw this thread after I noticed this one. I really wasn't sure what to think afterwards. <.<

Great to see you back, though. Hopefully you would actually stay this time. =P

Offline X-5

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 10:48:42 pm »
Being inactive from a game for so long makes it a lot more difficult to get back to where you were in terms of skill. (ME AND SA[DX])
Just don't get discouraged or anything and leave, because a lot of us do appreciate you being here.

:) that is great to hear! I will only ever bring positive attitude and actions(and of course records!) to this site(as I did for the first year I was here, before I went wacky) and now I am finally able to be myself again instead of getting angrily depressed and taking it out on people here without meaning to for no real reason.

and I do agree with you, if you take a moderately long break from something you usually do everyday you will lose some skill, mainly all the muscle memories and the perfect way to time them you recited effortlessly over and over when you go for a good record are forgotten, just a little bit though. me and probably most others can get back into it in a matter of days, sometimes less.
A small break is always good though. if I try really hard all day long for a record I just cannot get sometimes coming back 3 to 7 days later I end up being a lot better and get what I am after very fast. why? I am not sure, but my guess is cause your body needs time to attain the new skills and train itself to recite the "memories" more efficiently(faster) and more consistently(less major screw ups), playing all day is like a prelude to being better but you need a break first before you ARE better. I could of never gotten my city escape down from 2:40 to 1:36 if I could potentially play for 2000 hours straight, but spreading those 2000 hours of practice out over the course of a year and a half made it possible.

chao, what significance does that thread have to mine? did you think I made it? :P Yeah I will stay around, until I have no goals left to fulfill, but we know how lame games want to be when you want a maxed out record... it throws mistakes at you that you swear are intentional just to make you mess up so you keep playing... the game does not want you to stop! and for me I always yell at sonic and tell him to stop being an idiot, 90% of my restarts are HIS fault. I mean it is definitely not my fault I can bounce ball on a rail at the perfect spot and somehow fall through it or bounce right off, it has to be his!(just an example of MANY stupid things that happen)

Print

Hits: 129 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.16s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.