don't click here

More positive news about Unleased!

Print

Author Topic: More positive news about Unleased!  (Read 12618 times)

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
More positive news about Unleased!
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:44:09 pm »
http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/sonic-unleashed-/news/sonic-team-not-developing-sonic-unleashed-wii/a-2008043091928538074/g-2008040310334168012

Sonic Team are not doing the Wii version!  Dimps, the team behind Rush are.  Methinks this means Unleashed might well be a very different game for Wii vs everything else, which means it has 2 shots at not sucking.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline P.P.A.

Re: More positive news about Unleased!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 02:47:13 pm »
More reason to get the 360 version. Dimps has the tendency of making their Sonic games progressively worse, focusing on expanding the flaws and dropping actual qualities. The painful shitfest Sonic Rush is being the stinking culmination of their horrible doing. No thanks, I had enough pits, rails and boost bads.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Ben

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 03:48:43 pm »
Sonic06 has corrupted PPAs mind.

I don't know whether to take that news very seriously though, it's more likely they are just porting the 360/PS3 version and adding some gimmicky motion controls.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:55:08 pm »
More reason to get the 360 version. Dimps has the tendency of making their Sonic games progressively worse, focusing on expanding the flaws and dropping actual qualities. The painful shitfest Sonic Rush is being the stinking culmination of their horrible doing. No thanks, I had enough pits, rails and boost bads.
Are you honestly telling me Sonic Team haven't been guilty of that to a far, far greater extent?  I mean srsly.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 04:01:24 pm »
Are you honestly telling me Sonic Team haven't been guilty of that to a far, far greater extent?  I mean srsly.
"Sonic Team", or whatever is left of them only made Sonic 06 (could have been good but wasn't) and SatSR (haven't played it) in the last few years. But keep in mind that the development team behind Unleashed will be an entirely new one full of fresh blood, with almost all the people who made or broke the above two games being gone. The original staff has been absent since the Dreamcast era anyway.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 04:09:21 pm »
"Sonic Team", or whatever is left of them only made Sonic 06 (could have been good but wasn't) and SatSR (haven't played it) in the last few years. But keep in mind that the development team behind Unleashed will be an entirely new one full of fresh blood, with almost all the people who made or broke the above two games being gone. The original staff has been absent since the Dreamcast era anyway.
And Dimps won't have had churn?  I'm just saying, your point applies to both, and to Sonic Team more.  You'll also note I didn't come down on which side will be better, just that there's now two chances at it not sucking :)

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »
dimps is only doing the levels, not the entire game.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 10:04:27 pm »

I'm not going to argue with you, but please just be aware of how much you sound like a certain now-banned member when you start talking like that (i.e. stating your minority opinion with a lack of tact that implies you think everyone else shares it).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:18:27 pm by Crowbar »

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 04:21:27 am »
:/
dimps is only doing the levels, not the entire game.
That's the problem. SPA's, SAdv2's, SAdv3's and Rush's levels have been horribly designed with bottomless pits, springs, rails and boost pad everywhere. Often springs would launch you into enemies you can't avoid and most of these times after being hit you fall right into one of the omnipresent death pits without a chance to recover. Or sometimes you're forced to hold right/left/nothing after being launched off something or have to jump at a certain point, however nobody tells you that and if you don't do it, you die.

Offline Ben

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 01:10:55 pm »
Is PPA playing a different Sonic Rush to the rest of the world?

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 02:26:59 pm »
No, that sounds pretty familiar to me.  I'd contend there are occassions where they really get the best out of the Rush engine too, but meh.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:14:01 pm »
No, that sounds pretty familiar to me.  I'd contend there are occassions where they really get the best out of the Rush engine too, but meh.
The following post is extremely cynical, viewer discretion is advised <3. Actually, that sounds like 2D Sonic in general with its blind jumps of doom, cheap shot enemies and traps that you can't possibly react to in time, etc. Hence this is why 2D Sonic should have some console games, as the extra sight from a bigger screen could make these problems less painful. Of course, some Mega Man Zero style physics would help as well. Being able to change direction several times on a dime (on the ground or in the air) without losing speed and STILL maintaining razor sharp control over your character is what I call precision controls. Name me one Sonic game where you could do all of that. Super Metroid also has this level of precision.

Just in case this game sucks, I'll be laughing it up come August 30.

BTW who wants to play Wheel of Fortune to solve the puzzle of the banned idiot?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 05:13:57 am »
Lol it's not hard.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 05:31:42 am »
Well even if this is true and Dimps ends up making a completely different and better game, then that probably still won't change a few things, mainly were-Sonic and the fail dragon thing, and no doubt the 10 or so other pointlessly added characters that will be appearing in this game.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 03:42:06 am »
I do have to agree about Rush being not so great.   It's more like Line Rider than it is a platformer... The levels are all roller coaster, involve little to no necessary jumping, annoying gimmicks (parachute? fail), dull enemies (that you just RUN through? come on...) and crappy boss battles for the most part.  It plays up the speed, and downplays the platforming, only problem is...that's where the gameplays is, in the platforming.

Print

Hits: 192 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.