don't click here

ATTN: Shadowfan

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: Shadowfan  (Read 20688 times)

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
ATTN: Shadowfan
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:59:11 pm »
You just submitted at least two phony times in SA2(B), bringing your total fake stat count with certainty into the range [8,∞). Please explain why you have been submitting fake times.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:05:54 pm by SadisticMystic »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Re: ATTN: Shadowfan
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 04:04:56 pm »
I would also like to draw attention to Shadowfan's Zero-Point Battle.  It's not the most competitive game on the site, granted, but to take all records in two shortish bursts (January and recently) seems fishy.  Care to share some proof/strats/something?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »
I haven't submitted any fake times(that I know of). As it was pointed out before, the television screen is bad. I've been trying hard to read the television screen. What times do you think are fake. Also, Douglas, I worked hard for my zero-point championship. And yes, I'll share some strats. I can't submit proof because my game has a memory deleting problem. In January, I worked really hard and obsessively to do get records. Then I took Febuary off. I came back to the game in March to try to regain/maintain my skill at the game. Recently I've had alot of time on my hands so I decided to make a very large scale push for a zero point championship. I've worked on the game a good 20 hours recently to get my newer records.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:12:51 pm »
do you guys need glasses for these "hard to read screens"?

maybe someone should point out what each number and letter looks like >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 06:19:59 pm »
I already have glasses thank you very much. The numbers are blury on the screen. You can't tell 3,5,6,8,9,0 apart some times, especially on boss battles,  which you only get one shot to see as they fade away making them even harder to figure out. Sometimes 2 and 7 are hard to see.

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 06:26:49 pm »
If you're playing the Dreamcast version, get a DC VGA box and use a PC monitor. If you're playing the GameCube version, get a GC component video cable (or Wii component video cable) and use a TV with component input (or an X2VGA and use a PC monitor).

Composite video is not an excuse for submitting incorrect times.

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 06:31:35 pm »
Also, this happens mainly in sonic the fighters/Sonic adventure 2 Battle. I'm trying to cooperate with you guys as much as I can. I don't have the money or the technology to get an adaptive part. Most of what we have he is old. i'm sorry that my times are "wrong". i thought they were correct. Feel free to remove what is inaccurate.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 06:45:18 pm »
"Feel free to remove what is inaccurate" doesn't really cut it, does it.  The fact that some stats are wrong/fake is indicative that others could be.  It's your responsibility to get them right; it's not other people's job to run around cleaning up after you when one of your wrong stats gets called.

I'm calling total BS on the memory deletion issue - how would you have a usable Emerl if your game data was getting wiped?  Don't try and say it's only your records that do.  Also, 20 hours isn't that much time to put into a game; I've put more than that into a single level many times.  If you're not BSing, at a very minimum get a camera and photo some of your scores screens (or do a print screen if you're using an emulator).  Everyone notable here has gone through at least that as a verification mechanism.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 06:57:03 pm »
I'm not trying to make wrong stats. I'm trying to read a blurry screen. I honestly don't know what times seem fake. Also, I the reason I was able to get new Emerl stats was because I left my GBA on and left it plugged into the charger so that it wouldn't turn off so I could get them. Also, I didn't mean 20 hours total for all my records. This newer round of records, didn't take a total of 20 hours. It took more than that. I was talking about my newest stats for this new wave of records. I also tried to answer your request by making a guide for you.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:16:16 pm »
Old technology? Use a VCR player/recorder. Then you can play back to view your boss times more thoroughly. You don't have a camera or something?

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 07:32:14 pm »
The numbers are blury on the screen. You can't tell 3,5,6,8,9,0 apart some times, especially on boss battles,  which you only get one shot to see as they fade away making them even harder to figure out. Sometimes 2 and 7 are hard to see.

Ohhh, ok. You can't make certain numbers out so you just make them up? Fuck! ...

* Zeupar restrain self
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 07:35:45 pm »
Taking a look at that Sonic Battle guide you made, it's not exactly very good. Shadow's specials, for one, have a fairly low hit accuracy unless you're very careful about it, and if the computers are invulnerable to one at any given time, you're left wide open for punishment, which would kill off quite a few point bonuses by itself. The rare power-ups for attack, speed, etc. are almost a necessity for such high scores, as well, which are not something obtained in a few hours.

If you're actually referring to a character combo card (another rare card, I might add), to the extent of my knowledge, while effective and almost ensuring 100%+ hit accuracy, they don't give a special attack bonus, making all Emerl scores you have impossible for you to have attained, in that case. For the record, that's how I got all my lesser Emerl scores before I figured out better combos. The bottom line, it seems highly unlikely, if not impossible, you're getting as high of scores as claimed with such a moveset for Emerl, bringing other character's scores to question in my mind. Also, your claims of being unable to provide proof certainly doesn't help your case.

As for misreading stats, you should be more careful and use common sense. One or two stats is one thing, but if it's a widespread problem, that's something else entirely.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:10:16 pm by Auriman1 »
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 07:38:48 pm »
I already have glasses thank you very much. The numbers are blury on the screen. You can't tell 3,5,6,8,9,0 apart some times, especially on boss battles,  which you only get one shot to see as they fade away making them even harder to figure out. Sometimes 2 and 7 are hard to see.

Isn't this sufficient to nuke all his stats until he got a decent TV (or eyes...)?

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 08:20:09 pm »
I can give you eye witnesses for my Shadow, SA2(B), and stf stats. As for my SB stats, I can give you no witnesses.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 11:24:26 pm »
Hint: 2's have a little line at the bottom. 7's do not. </sarcastic response>

The easiest way to get around this is that if you are not sure, do NOT submit it. Or at the very least, submit the worst it can possibly be. I for one play SA2B on an old TV where, on boss attacks, part of the timer is cut off (the top of the minute marker in particular, the others not so much). In most cases I can tell what they are because they're either quick fights or I can tell when the minute changes. Though I can vouch for how many Finalhazard runs I've had spoiled because I wasn't paying attention to the timer and therefore forgot what minute I was on. Wasn't sure whether I had a PR or not, as it was either a 2:4x or a 3:4x; didn't submit. (Shut up. I have no SA2B boss skillz.)

Also, can we trust these eyewitnesses if you say the timer's blurry? Or is their eyesight perfect 20/20, yours isn't, and therefore more trustworthy?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 02:19:35 am »
Get an RGB cable ok.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 03:28:58 am »
I'm not trying to make wrong stats.
The fact that you are is all that matters.  We can't validate intentions, only actions.
Quote from: Shadowfan
I'm trying to read a blurry screen.
I find it entertaining that all the games tech you own conspires to make your records unverifiable.
I honestly don't know what times seem fake.
Then you can't be sure which are genuine.  That means nuke them all.
Also, I the reason I was able to get new Emerl stats was because I left my GBA on and left it plugged into the charger so that it wouldn't turn off so I could get them.
So it was on long enough for you to get all records, then wiped any evidence you did.  Riiiiight.
Also, I didn't mean 20 hours total for all my records. This newer round of records, didn't take a total of 20 hours. It took more than that. I was talking about my newest stats for this new wave of records.
Regardless, getting all records in short order like that when you also have to unlock everything anew is highly questionable.
I also tried to answer your request by making a guide for you.
I can give you eye witnesses for my Shadow, SA2(B), and stf stats. As for my SB stats, I can give you no witnesses.
You were told what would be a good start on the proof front.  Anyone can write a guide (especially one as flaky as yours), and anyone can fake some eyewitnesses on a public forum.  They are not proof.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:50 am »
Your brother OmegaDJ uses the same TV and he has not that telling appart problem.

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 03:56:06 pm »
I was thinking about my actions here at TSC and I'd like to apologize for what I've done. Sure my Shadow stats were easily legit because I could see them all and I got multiple opportunities to see them. I also know  that most of my SA2(B) stats were legit because I could check them and ask for the opinions of others. However my boss times were shaky mainly because I'd look up and not be able to see them clearly as they faded away. This is mainly the reason why my brothers don't try SA2(B). My boss stats were partially guessed on however I tried to base them on what I saw on the screen. My stf stats were similar to how I got my SA2(B) bosses. Mainly I'd like to apologize for my SB stats. I played the game alot. However, I lied about my stats. I would obsess on levels alot and eventually make little to know progress. I admit that the best I ever actually obtain with Emerl was 455000. It's based on the guide I submitted. I just got so frustrated and then I the idea came in to lie and submit a record anyway. It was so much easier and it felt relieving, however cheating is an addiction. Once you start it is hard to stop. Then I managed to stop. A little while later DsS called BS on me and I lied. It seemed so easy and he bought it. Then Auriman broke some of my records. Sure I had maintained skills at my game, but I wasn't a true champion. I tried to beat some of his records namingly Sonic 3, 470,000 and I couldn't. I decided it would be easier to lie and cheat so I did. I had talent on the game, I just wasn't good enough so I cheated for the extra points. I'm sorry for what I've done. I hope no one makes my mistake and learns from me that cheating is an addiction. Once you start, it is hard to stop. Once again I'm sorry and I willingly accept the punishment for my actions, a ban.   

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 06:55:41 pm »
Wow. Well, at least you didn't just disappear and deign to write an apology.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 08:54:23 pm »
when will these people ever learn?

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 09:14:31 pm »
And where is OmegaDJ anyways?  He should be helping here.... <_<
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 09:47:01 pm »
Don't pester him. He's too busy learning about torrents. <_<

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 11:45:28 pm »
First, I don't compete in SA2(B) so I don't have to worry about these "illegible" TV stats, Shadow has a good font and SH has a good font too. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I tried competing in SH. However, next thing I know, once I start competing in SH, DsS comes to compete in Shadow. Then, he becomes leader of the bosses and he takes a few Circus Park WRs. I was down to 281 points, and he soon pushed me back to 301 (which soon became 297 thanks to a few of my most recent boss improvements). He didn't give me a burden of competition, but he did pull some sweet records. As for now, I will continue to play Shadow to try to get as little points as possible (even though I'm still the champion, thus making my current plans pointless). Eventually, I might get back into playing SH and maybe even a few other games, but it's probably highly unlikely.

Second, I didn't expect that things had gone this far with the current situation with Shadowfan, I feel so disgraced right now. When I first came to TSC (thanks to SJ with his Black Comet Hero time video), I soon set out to beat yoshifan's 3:18:53 and I soon got 3:16:92(which I am still so proud of to this day)! Once I accomplished this and started to compete in Shadow my brothers got jealous (not so much that I got the Black Comet Hero WR, but because of my membership here) and they wanted to compete here too, but it wasn't until December 2007 when they got their own email addresses and eventually their own TSC accounts that these problems arose. So I am the initial cause of this problem, but I'm not telling my brothers to come up with fake stats, I try to be very honest with my stats. I remember a few weeks ago I accidently submitted a stat to SH Dark Seaside Hill Extra Mission that I meant to submit to Ocean Palace Dark Extra, and I soon reported to GS that I made this mistake and I soon submitted the stat to the correct chart. Well, I'm sorry about the situation(again) and I'm sorry this post is so long!! 

Also, Zeupar I decided to just forget about the torrents.

OmegaDJ

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 01:03:10 am »
...woah, that was unexpected...
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 01:54:34 am »
Such is the nature of competition. There will always be those who will feel that they cannot compete, and that the easiest way to gain respect is to lie their way up the rankings.

The end result is, of course, this. No respect, and no position on the rankings.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else thinking about taking this approach.

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 08:44:31 pm »
you guys better leave him alone ok I believe that he does have a blurry screen because I am friends with him and I can clearly see the blurry screen at his house when he plays

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 08:46:18 pm »
Silver, he already admitted to cheating and has quit. It's too late for you to help him, whoever you are.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 08:59:04 pm »
Well, tecnically I haven't comletely quit. I'm still on the site. I just won't submit stats anymore. Hopefully I can slowly regain the trust and respect from you guys that I destroyed with my misdeeds. Silver, Pidgey's right; I did admit to cheating. I know that you know the screen was blurry(found a special screen setting for that by adjusting something like the tint), but that's not all I did. Once again everyone I'm terribly sorry to all of you for what I've done.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 09:24:16 pm »
at least you weren't annoying on the forums.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Print

Hits: 298 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.31 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.