don't click here

Project Speed

Print

Author Topic: Project Speed  (Read 8609 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Project Speed
« on: May 10, 2004, 07:35:20 am »
Alright, everyone knows about the Sonic superplay vids that (hopefully) will come to fruition some time in the near future. Before that happens though, I need opinions on the following issues regarding them:

1. Title screens/ending screens for all games? mike89's thoughts: Add these in, it will make them look like a real game, which I guess is the idea. This means we need to go to the file select screen on S3(&K?), preferably one emerald short of maximum, so the last one can be picked up in a run toward the end of the game. Similarly, I'd like to see scores and lives removed from view, otherwise inconsistencies arising from those come into play.

2. S3&K kept as one game? mike89's thoughts: Yep, mainly because I want to see Knuckles in S3, not so much Tails in S&K, but Sky Sanctuary is always good, and I'm expecting a good FB1.

3. Doomsday Zone? mike89's thoughts: Keep this, it won't be complete without it. This is part of the reason I lean toward keeping S3&K together, as you can start with as many emeralds as you like.

4. Knux in S2? mike89's thoughts: Still undecided on this one. Other than CP2, Knuckles seems useless, and despite obvious physics improvements (play CP1 for an example of this) there's not much benefit. On the other hand, his glide offers a completely new way of beating the levels.

5. Tails in S3(K)? mike89's thoughts: Definitely. After you watch MG2 and Sky Sanctuary, you'll agree.

6. (only if you answered yes to 2) Mushroom Hill 1 done the quicker way or the consistent way? mike89's thoughts: The consistent way, sorry yoshifan =P My main reason for this is that the title screen is obviously different depending on which way its played (locked on or not). It's another case for S3 and S&K to be split, but then LB2 adds about 3 minutes...

More as I think of them.

Thanks for your time.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Ghost

Project Speed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 08:00:20 pm »
how to make superplay video with md? cant find famtasia for md~

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Project Speed
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 10:33:22 pm »
Fool, you don't do them all yourself, and you certainly don't use savestates. This is just a compilation of the best we can do legally. (I felt it had to be emphasised.)

And, just quickly, does this mean you use savestates in your S1 and S3TA runs?

<3 Thorn.

Offline Ghost

Project Speed
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 04:16:06 am »
no i read rules but think to make perfect video like bisqwits site will be fun. you know how to do the superplay for md games please tell me?

Offline SadisticMystic

Project Speed
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 08:46:56 am »
This system has no such emulator as Famtasia, or even one that has the same features.  You need to use a screen-recorder.

Savestate runs are not scheduled to be part of any video right now.

Print

Hits: 215 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1004.22 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.