don't click here

Shadow: The Last Way: Normal: Score

Print

Author Topic: Shadow: The Last Way: Normal: Score  (Read 6609 times)

Offline OmegaDJ

Shadow: The Last Way: Normal: Score
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:46:45 pm »
Can we make this a submittable statistic in the Shadow Rankings?
All you'd need to do is add up your normal score with the Time Bonus. (Make sure you see your Normal Score before the screen whites out) So let's say I had 400 Normal Points and i finished in 1:29:xx. That would be 50,000(time bonus) + 400 for a total of: 50,400 points.
As a tip: if you finish in 1:30 you get 42800 points not 43000 (Groudon made a mistake in his Score Attacking Guide) and then you subtract 80 for each second after 1:30:
So 1:31 would give you: 42720  
and 1:32 would give you: 42640
and 1:29 or below will obviously give you: 50000
So can this be another stat for the Shadow Rankings?
OmegaDJ

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Shadow: The Last Way: Normal: Score
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:48:06 pm »
Yeah, but that's a bit too much in terms of mathematics.
I like the idea, but it just doesn't seem possible.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:18:48 am »
I have only a loose memory of the game in general, but from your post I gather that this would require calculating your time bonus yourself... This strikes me as being too much 'doing the maths' to find your stat, something that is in contention for charts elsewhere on TSC. I am anti-Last Way score stat.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:47:04 am »
You could just submit your score before a time bonus, I mean, you can see your score before you reach the goal, right?
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:26:19 am »
You could just submit your score before a time bonus, I mean, you can see your score before you reach the goal, right?

Probably a better idea.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 02:44:08 pm »
Yes, but what score would you submit?  You have a Hero, Dark, and Normal score visible.  Needless to say, you can get as many Hero points as the 10-minute limit will allow (which is a shitload).  Though some math is involved there, it's less of an issue besides the fact that Hero points are nearly unlimited.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »
What if I were to make a Shadow Time Bonus Guide from 1:29 (or slower) so you will see what time bonus you'll get from finishing at whatever time you achieve?   

Offline Stefan

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 05:16:04 pm »
Then we are still doing far too much math, and the infinite hero score groudon refers to still applies.

I, too, am anti tracking this.

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 08:43:05 pm »
Firstly, normal score isn't affected by hero and dark score and OmegaDJ is only asking for normal. So you can get infinite hero points but it will be worth nothing(except bragging rights) because OmegaDJ isn't asking for hero score to become a comparable stat; he's asking for normal score which isn't infinite. 
Secondly, how hard could it possibly be? All you would have to do is pay attention to your time/ write it down and then write down your normal score. You check the time bonus guide that OmegaDJ is working on and then add your normal score to what the guide says it would be and then you have your actual normal score. You're making this seem harder than what it actually is.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 08:53:40 pm »
You're making TSC seem less lazy than it is <_<
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 09:28:26 pm »
It's not about the fact that it is difficult. As I have said before, there is talk of scrapping other charts because the submitted stats are the result of 'doing the math' from what the game gives you.

Ideally stats submitted to the site should be read straight off the screen and put into the submit stats page. It should not be a case of reading off two numbers, converting one from its format to the other's, then adding them together, then submitting them.

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:29:56 pm »
1. In that case, maybe the administrators could possibly set it up so you imput your normal score and time and then a system figures it out for you.
2. We could have normal score for that actually be what it says on the screen. So if you got 120 normal points that would be your score to submit.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 06:59:55 am »
There's already enough confusion with the sets of gamewide rules we generally have. Creating new TSC-only scoring systems for one level and making sure people are understanding them correctly and abiding by them would be far more effort than one chart is worth.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Print

Hits: 114 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.