don't click here

ITT SCD has open staffing?

Print

Author Topic: ITT SCD has open staffing?  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
ITT SCD has open staffing?
« on: February 11, 2008, 06:59:07 pm »
If this hasn't caught your eye yet, get over to SCD and take a look. No link is being provided because I'd rather use acronyms to keep a few of the idiots out. Wall of text ahead...

As SCD undergoes its mysterious revamp, there's one thing catching my eye: the old "SCD is closed" page talked about a complete revamp, saying some staffing was corrupt, some users were becoming ignorant, and the site was generally slipping away (keep sarcastic responses about this statement to yourself, I know you have them, heh). If ever there was a time to again try for that gushy inter-site harmony that we keep saying would be nice but will never happen... well, now would be it. :P

Basically I'm using this supposed revamp as a time to look at TSC's stand on SCD:
  • So, how many people here actually know about all of the inter-site drama? I joined the site just as the Olympics shenanigans were going down, so I was confused by a fair chunk of it. A lot of our current crowd came from SCD.
  • Of those who said "yes" above... who still gives a shit?

I'm not stupid, I know the odds of the sites ever so much as being indifferent to each other is slim, let alone the odds of inter-site support, especially because SCD and TSC have tended to not like each other's crowds. But I do think that a few "If I Had a (Ban) Hammer" TSCers should throw their hats into SCD's mix, or at least attempt to. I won't lie, I'm partially posting this topic because TSC is a bit slow as of late and I'm looking for a reason to branch out a bit. I want to check what the TSC consensus is on the site revamp before I make any moves, however, and also to see if anybody else from TSC supports the "cause".

...I also don't know whether to check out "Gaming Staff" or "Forum Moderator", because a high Sitewide and Emerald Challenge grading supports the former, but If I Had a (Ban) Hammer status and the required TSC hatred of stupidity supports the latter. :P And the apps both say to only submit one form.

Let me just make one thing clear, in case I haven't already: TSC is my personal origin and also where my support would go in all but the most unreasonable of inter-site conflicts if I did this, and I'm willing to be that other site prominents would do the same... well, maybe not SDM, but since he originated from SCD and was marked as an "executive" there on the old closing page, that's his right. But if I ever looked like I'd abandoned TSC, I've already sent mike and RPG my home address so that they can beat me senseless. This is just my feeble attempt to do the typical and gushy inter-site love promotion that comes up every so often, and also to see if grudges have subsided enough that I wouldn't be killed in my sleep if I tried pitching my hat into the ring.

P.S.

Also if one of us did get taken over there, since SCD was a touch more family-friendly, I guess we wouldn't be able to say things such as
Quote from: Thorn
No link is being provided because I'd rather use acronyms to keep a few of the idiots out.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Rolken

Re: ITT SCD has open staffing?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:03:43 pm »
I don't think most people really care anymore. It's a bit like making fun of a brain-damaged amputee at this point.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
SM was a mod there for a while, but I think he was declared a traitor or some dumb shit like that. Just like every other SCDer pretty much. Take SDM for instance...

Long story short, I don't give a shit pretty much. >_>
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 11:29:39 am »
Before I have a chance to comment, could someone please tell me the full story of what happened at the Olympics?  I've heard plenty of bits and pieces but I don't really understand what happened.  I have no idea who this Zizou is and what role he currently plays.  Could someone experienced fill me in?  Thanks.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Rolken

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 11:37:51 am »
Search for "sonic cage dome" and you'll find plenty of stuff, here's the last one
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:43:21 pm »
I don't see any need for inter-site relations. The reason we offered a lot of what we considered help but they considered criticism during the olympics was because they were relatively new. Perhaps as individuals they weren't, but as a site and community they were. Now, they are fine, and they are quite happy without any interaction with us.

TSC has never needed, nor particularly wanted, to be an 'affiliate' of anywhere much. I mean sure there have been flings with Team Artail or whatever (that I know little about), but little or no inter-site support. Even in TSC's early days. Least of all does TSC need in any way to go gallavanting about with other sites because things are 'slow'. For one I don't really know how you mean 'slow', and for two, that shit happens. Many of the older members aren't especially fond of member influxes.

So my stance as an "If I Had A (Ban) Hammer" user is this, and I'm sure most of the others would agree: I take a stance of total indifference. TSC is the home of Sonic time attack competition on the web. SCD is a home to classic Sonic netplay along with other projects that I am largely unaware of. Both also have their own communities. If you want to TA, go to TSC. If you want to netplay, go to SCD. If you want to be in either community, do so, no one is going to stop you.

Bam.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:51:12 pm »
itt CF talks sense for the first time ever <_<
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 06:46:44 pm »
itt CF talks sense for the first time ever <_<

Quote from: CF's status
If I Had A (Ban)Hammer

Regardless as an attempt at humor, you aren't given that status for no reason.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51:51 pm »
I has an "If I had a (ban)hammer" too, and I only personally abuse the people I like* anyway :)

Well, abuse without justification, I mean if you're an idiot I'll tell you so.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 04:56:35 pm »
CF, in general, makes my opinion clear.

In addition to it, I just want to throw a few more comments into the mix so I can dispel some myths and raise some eyebrows.

#1: All but exec ranks have been removed from their duties. Since the first time I left SCD for TSC, the recruitment method went into a downward spiral (actually earlier than that.). Now Zizou's given me full control over who's in and who's out on staff recruitment. When you for some reason come to your senses and visit SCD when it reopens, you will find a much more competent and formidable staff lineup. Why? Because for the first time in like two years I'm in charge of every single step of the process. No one enters the team or changes rank without my approval.

#2: Huge changes are coming. I mean HUGE. I'm not just talking about the cute little teasers I showed you in the chat; that is merely the tip of the iceberg. I can't elaborate on them any more than I already have, but I will say if you like what I've shown you already (Open Kaillera, anyone? Check the topic in Wikkity.), just you wait till we rise again.

#3: The truth has been revealed to both sites about SDM's loldrama. Zizou knows, and the entire ex-staff knows what I've done. They're more concerned about me doing what I used to do again, and I'm more concerned about steering SCD in the right direction this time; none of the corrupted staff is there to stand in my way now.

#4: SCD-TSC relations. SCD members as of the week before the "convergence" take absolutely no negative regard towards TSC. In fact, several of them have paid a visit here to compare Time Attack records. The age-old olympics whining is ancient history. If at all possible, we want to renew our relations with TSC from zero, just as we are our site.

#5: What happened to Olympics '07? They didn't. Failure to launch. I wasn't there to finish the job and the promo site sat there and rotted away. There will be a Sonic Olympics '08 this summer. Expect huge surprises there too.

That's all from me. Just wanted to clear some things up for y'all.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 04:59:37 pm »
I think I'll apply for forum moderator, lulz.
* P.P.A. press left on the d-pad. (Xbox TF2 players should get this one.)
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Print

Hits: 402 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.