don't click here

I would like to be unbanned from submissions

Print

Author Topic: I would like to be unbanned from submissions  (Read 2307 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
I would like to be unbanned from submissions
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:48:01 pm »
A brief history of events surrounding my banning, as best I remember them:

I joined the site, submitted a batch of obvious fakes, and was banned from submissions. TSC went down so the ban was removed. Again, I submitted obvious fakes, hiding behind some lame-note excuse when confronted. I removed the charts in question...I don't remember anything getting done as a result. I then lurked around the community for a bit, and someone mentioned in chat how fakes are detected. At this point, I knew how to lie without getting caught, and submitted times that were just barely better than others who were honest about their accomplishments. For a while it looked as though I were a genuine player, even earning adminship at one point. People were suspicious, but there was no concrete proof so nothing could be done. Eventually the site crashed, and the last copy of the database was very old. I would have to resubmit all my fake stats, which I didn't bother remembering. I also submitted a new fake stat, which was disproved through another method; and a second that was better than a TAS of the chart. I was banned. I left the site after promising to get proof, returned around 6 months later, and admitted I lied. Then I lurked..which is where I am today!

I haven't submitted anything in over 3 years, but I've stayed with the site anyways. Nobody else has done that. When I was suspected, I did leave, but I came back to admit what I had done. There really was no reason for me to do that if I didn't value the community; we were switching isp's soon, I could have easily registered another account and gone undetected. However I did, and for it I think I should be given a (third) second chance.

I should be given a blank slate to start over with...as a totally different person, without the suspicion of being 'that guy who cheated'. Demanding proof for everything I submit is a bit much too...I should be treated as a normal competitor, and only be asked to supply proof for charts that other users would have to...supply proof for. The quality of my posts has gone up noticeably. Take a look at what I wrote when I first joined, and what I write now. There is a clear difference...I'm not the same user I used to be (for better or worse), and it isn't fair to punish me for what are, effectively, another person's actions.

All I'm asking is that I get another chance, and not be prejudged for prior bad acts.

Edit: unbanned today by SM, I will not abuse this privelage.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:23:34 am by General Throatstomper »

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 84 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.