don't click here

SSBB Sonic Music

Print

Author Topic: SSBB Sonic Music  (Read 17631 times)

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
SSBB Sonic Music
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:10:51 am »
Hadn't seen this discussed here, but it was on SSN so I wouldn't be surprised if most of you had heard this.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music19.html
This is the Sonic music to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's actually an Angel Island remix by none other than Jun Senoue, and it KICKS.  I think we may have a good idea which stage is appearing now?
Interesting question: What other music would you like to see redone like this?  I know there's already a ton of unofficial remixes out, but Jun Senoue is about as official as it gets.  I personally would like to see Chemical Plant and Launch Base have some kind of official remix of this vein.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
Re: SSBB Sonic Music
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 10:09:59 am »
Sonic 3 Icecap definitely, but there is already an ice stage on the game, so I don't think so...  =(

Another music I would like to appear on SSBB is Carnival Night (Sonic3)
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:44:08 am »
Didn't mean just in the game, but remixed in general.  But yeah, Icecap or Carnival Night would work well in SSBB.  I'm again holding steadfastly to Launch Base though...
My presssioussss....

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:01:01 pm »
ANGEL ISLAND SUCKS

LAUNCH BASE SUCKS TOO

CARNIVAL NIGHT SUCKS EVEN MORE

FUCK YES ICE CAP
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »
It sounds great! :o
Best part is, I was always fond of the Angel Island theme as a kid. :)

I have some clues as to what stage it is but I'm not 100% sure yet... I do know, though, that it's from an old-school game
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 04:32:06 pm »
Sonic 3 Icecap definitely
FUCK YES ICE CAP
But yeah, Icecap
Quote from: JDGA
Yeah Icecap definitely!
And I agree with PPA on the other ideas :)
By the way, I got an Icecap remix on Stepmania, but I personally think the original's better (and the remix's short too).
I can post it (the song, not the steps) here if you like.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »
The Angel Island remix is cool... could be better though... not entirely pleased with it. Starts off kinda meh.. a little too cheery and bad. It's pretty great overall and the end makes up for it.

Thing is, after hearing that, I have to say that the amateur remixes that are already created are good enough to use, including the guitar Flying Battery I linked to once from youtube as well as the ProJect Chaos Flying Battery (and many other Project Chaos songs).. There is also the guitar Chemical Plant, and a lot of good techno remixes as well, let's not forget techno, even though Crush 40 almost made me forget, but techno can definitely be good. Also, hybrid orchestra. I always imagined that the perfect Angel Island remix would be at least partly orchestrated, and hearing the Smash Bros version doesn't exactly change my mind about this.

A lot of you mention Ice Cap. Here is one of my favorite Ice Cap remixes:

http://sonic.tcpmusic.com/news.php

(use the playlist on-site and click Ice Cap)

But that kid's best music is the Marble zone remixes.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 05:28:11 pm »
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 11:58:31 am »
Updated because it's relevant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOtMayVuVg&feature=related
Ike/Link/Sonic/Samus in (I think) a Fox level (could be Metroid, I dunno).  Other than the fact that it's amusing as heck what everyone's reaction is after time is called, note the victory music for Sonic comes from - get this - the X360/PS3 version!  The heck?!?!
My presssioussss....

Offline eggFL

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 04:07:34 pm »
I don't think it's the PS360 version. I think it's just a remix of the Sonic series stage end theme in general.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 04:44:32 pm »
it sure does sound like it
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 04:45:20 pm »
becuase it is it
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 09:06:28 pm »
The "Sonic 06" stage complete music is hardly any different from the original. It's just played by more, real (real-sounding?) instruments. I like it better, and I think it suits this portrayal of Sonic better considering he is 3D, shiny and voiced.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline eggFL

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 10:23:10 pm »
plus the Sonic Adventure 1-2 stage end theme is too noisy. Sonic06 stage end theme toned down on the trumpets and replaced it with class. Honestly it sounds almost completely different from the past stage end themes to me, just that the tune is the same as before.

Anyway I can't really hear the music at the end of the video, it's too faint for me (not to mention the nerds yelling, and I mean no offense to them) but it didn't sound like the Sonic06 one to me, I could be wrong.

But anyway, it's just a stage end theme. I dunno how any of this warrants a "the heck!?!?" then again Sonic06 is pure evil, of which traces of would be mismatched in Brawl, a game which up until now had no trace of mismatched elements

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 05:38:46 am »
My favourite stage-end themes are the American Sonic CD one and the one from Sonic 06. :o
Also eggFL Sonic06 is cool ok. :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 06:44:07 am »
"Also eggFL Sonic06 is cool ok." well obviously. (that part before was just sarcasm) nice to see that we agree on this

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 10:00:40 am »
"The Heck" comes from the fact that 06 is one of what, three games (other two are SPA and KC) that haven't appeared on a Nintendo system, and yeah that it seems disjointed from how else Sonic has been portrayed.  We've seen him use a (classic, mind you, no star) spring for recovery, use the peelout stance from Sonic CD as a taunt, and use spindash but no homing attack.  For cryin' out loud, ANGEL ISLAND is the stage theme!  It's obvious that this hints at classic Sonic rather than new, and it makes the end music kinda stick out.  I would have expected the S3K-style end music, that's all.
My presssioussss....

Offline eggFL

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 04:13:02 pm »
It's obvious that this hints at classic Sonic rather than new, and it makes the end music kinda stick out.

Yea when you put it that way, it does stick out tremendously.

I would have expected the S3K-style end music, that's all.

or a remix of the tune... which is what we got

but nevermind.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 08:01:45 pm »
Upon further listening I may have been a bit overzealous saying that Sonic06's stage complete tune is exactly similar. But, the fact is the melody is the same. And I like the more orchestral arrangement. I tire easily of "RAWR WE HAVE GEETAWS".

Also, who says that Sonic in SSBB has to be either distinctly classic or distinctly contemporary Sonic?
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Print

Hits: 169 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.16 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.